SBH 18-Dec-17
Missouribreaks 18-Dec-17
ROUGHCOUNTRY 18-Dec-17
deerslayer 18-Dec-17
Shortdraw 19-Dec-17
Bugle 28-Dec-17
SBH 28-Dec-17
02-Sep-17
Bucks, Does, Bulls, Cows, or varmints, let's see em'!!!

Good luck to all!

04-Sep-17

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
I'll play, Missouri Breaks muley buck quartering away at 40 yards and buried in the off shoulder.

04-Sep-17

cubdrvr's embedded Photo
cubdrvr's embedded Photo
Already on the speed goat page, but once again.

05-Sep-17
Dang . . . . Rough country . . . . Remembering back the last few years. You're having quite the impact on the local elk and deer population in the Breaks. Nice job!

Cubdrvr . . . . Nice antelope . . . With a stick bow, no less. Wow! Looks like some nice "white tips" on that buck.

05-Sep-17

Thanks JMG, but you're giving me too much credit:) I did not see a SINGLE elk in 3 days over there. With the dry conditions, they were somewhere else. It's never happened to me before. The arrow looks pretty far back and I had pulled on it since only the nock was barely visible. However, with the shot angle the broadhead lodged in the far shoulder and I thought I was going to have to unscrew my arrow to get it out. Here's the pic of the opposite side after skinning back. It ended up being a nice exit spot and he traveled about 150 yards and lived about 15 seconds.

08-Sep-17

Elliot Garfield public land with a general tag.........

08-Sep-17

Live photo of Elliot's buck........a 200 inch buck looks pretty impressive on the hoof

12-Sep-17

Shortdraw's embedded Photo
18 yards, hard quartering away and down in 20.

14-Sep-17

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
My bull from this year. 30 yards, tough recovery, hit was back. Posted story on elk forum.

Congrats to Elliot.....what an awesome public land accomplishment. Well done.

16-Sep-17

cubdrvr's embedded Photo
cubdrvr's embedded Photo
Pretty proud of these two young men. Both spot and stalk.

21-Sep-17

deerslayer's embedded Photo
Side view
Side view
On the board.... 09/21/2017

Spotted him a couple days earlier and knew he was the one that would make me happy, happy, happy.

Played cat and mouse until I was able to put him to sleep from 60 yards out (spot/stalk).

Coolest thing is it was my oldest daughter's 8th birthday. I killed my very first goat 8 year ago 3 days after she was born. Sometimes history repeats itself.

26-Sep-17

Intercepted him and couple buddies trying to cross a large valley..........30 yard spine shot. Saw a couple bigger but couldn't catch up to them......grateful for the chance.

26-Sep-17

If you can hold your pin steady on a gopher, you can hit the big stuff when it comes along:)

26-Sep-17
Mike and justin laying them down. Strong work guys. Hunt

26-Sep-17

Irishman's embedded Photo
9/25/17 Flathead County.

26-Sep-17
Great Goat Justin. Well done

26-Sep-17
Yes, great job on the antelope. I still haven't figured out how to kill one of those.

27-Sep-17
Thanks fellas. I gotta wait the 60 days, but it looks like he might be the new #2 archery pronghorn in the county I shot him in.

Now off to find a good bull!!!

27-Sep-17

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
8-19-17

27-Sep-17

9-9-17

27-Sep-17

9-17-17 .

27-Sep-17

8-20-17 hunting partner.

27-Sep-17

9-2-17 . Hunting partner .

It has been a good month!! . Best of luck to those still holding tags! Hunt

28-Sep-17

28-Sep-17

Bugled in a slob 5x5 bull Monday night but he hung up at 60 and that's a touch too far for me with my trad gear. Hopefully I can get him before archery ends. Went back the next morning got a close call on some mulie does but again just a tad too far but a great set up. I was fortunate to lay it down on a couple mountain hares. This guy gave me a 15 yard shot after a short spot and stalk. Eating good!!! Nice animals guys......

28-Sep-17
Nice animals.......and some real giants.........some of you and you know who you are, need to leave a few animals for the rest of us:)

02-Oct-17

houndy65's embedded Photo
Montana bull elk 2017
houndy65's embedded Photo
Montana bull elk 2017
My son Dylan and myself had super hunt, got to love it when your son thinks about nothing but bowhunting and football. Dylan helped cow call this bull into 50 yards.

02-Oct-17

planebow's embedded Photo
planebow's embedded Photo
30 yard downhill shot, about 50 yard recovery

08-Oct-17

10-06-2017

Found a good bull....

08-Oct-17
Nice elk deerslayer. Looks like the guy who started the thread ended out with the biggest antelope and the biggest elk.

09-Oct-17
Epic year Mr. Deerslayer............Um, I mean antelopeslayer, Um, I mean elkslayer:)

11-Nov-17

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
11-10

23-Nov-17
I live in the wrong damn state..............

27-Nov-17
SBH, nice buck. Any details? Shot distance, equipment etc?

30-Nov-17

Late season- public land - 40 yd shot. Got it all on video, self filmed. Very fun hunt!

01-Dec-17

Last one for the year... Public land #2 - 48 yd shot.... The last legal minute of light. Definitely blessed to be able to squeeze every drop out of this season!

01-Dec-17
Justin you better post up that video!!! Nice work, that's a stud!

01-Dec-17
JayZ- Thanks man! Had him under my stand for 5 mins but he wouldn't give me a shot. Finally I decided to take a steep quartering away at 22 yards. Ran it right behind his hip and out the other shoulder. Was worried I was too far back and not as steep as I thought so waited tell dark, climbed down and left. Came back at 9:30...5 hours after the shot and went to look for him. He was dead 60 yards from the shot. Pretty fun night with a good friend/hunting mentor who helped me get onto this property and hunt it the right way. Very grateful for this year.

05-Dec-17

Just shot this nanny on the farm last night. 12 yards, double lung. The antlerless late season around bozeman has become one of my favorite times to bowhunt and photograph. Lots of deer and I enjoy seeing what bucks made it through the general season.

05-Dec-17
That's awesome short draw. It's a great way to keep your season going, and get some more opportunities in if you have some access near town. Very cool. Keep at it...you get 5 around Bozeman!

07-Dec-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
My brother got this bull in the breaks this year 354 7/8 gross 340 7/8 net

07-Dec-17

deerslayer's Link
Here's the video of my hunt.....

07-Dec-17

Dirtknap37's embedded Photo
Dirtknap37's embedded Photo
9/17/17. Public land, general tag 341 gross

08-Dec-17
Nice bulls fellas!!! SBH I have a big herd along the river behind the farm we rent and behind work so opportunities are great.

09-Dec-17
Great video Deerslayer! Very professional, well done and capped off with an awesome buck. Public land whitetail in MT with a bow is no joke.

11-Dec-17
DeerSlayer, Great video and season. I didn’t realize there is a late season for A tags in Montana after the general season is over. What part of the State is that in? I also noticed you took a mule deer buck in Montana this year? I didn’t know a person could shoot 2 bucks in Montana in the same year.

11-Dec-17
There's a couple ways you can kill two bucks in MT. Two of them go late season for sure. Probably others I don't know of.

13-Dec-17
Pm sent

13-Dec-17
They don’t call him the deerslayer for nothing folks!!!

16-Dec-17

Bitterroot doe this morning, grateful that some areas are still open for a little more hunting action.

18-Dec-17
Nice job! Fun to be able to keep hunting late. Great time to see what bucks made it through. Good work.

18-Dec-17
Congrats Roughcountry.

18-Dec-17

Here's a photo after my shot. You can see my deer laying in the left corner of the photo as I spine shot her. Another group of does comes right in curious and feeds around her wondering what's going on. I imagine these types of scenes play out many times when deer come across other hurt or dead deer laying around.

I was also thinking about a "twilight zone/Xfiles" moment a few years back in late season when I slipped into my stand and spotted a nice one horned buck out in the field. There were a lot of fresh tracks in the snow and I had a gut feeling that shed antler was around me somewhere. I kept glassing and glassing from my stand but didn't see anything out in the open fields. When I climbed down to leave, I spotted the nice 4-point antler laying at the base of a cottonwood tree about 30 yards away.

18-Dec-17
Great pics Mike. I would have shot another one though!

( But then again, they don't call me the deeslayer for nothing.......;).

19-Dec-17
Nice doe man!!!

28-Dec-17

Bugle 's embedded Photo
Bugle 's embedded Photo
Public land, general tag...things worked out that day :) Have an awesome group of buddies that searched tirelessly until we found him. Karma has already rewarded some of them!

28-Dec-17
Bugle- That is an awesome bull! Congrats. Sounds like there is a story behind it......give it a tell!

• Sitka Gear