N8tureBoy 05-Sep-17
SixLomaz 09-Sep-17
GF 16-Sep-17
GF 16-Sep-17
spike78 17-Sep-17
SixLomaz 17-Sep-17
GF 19-Sep-17
04-Sep-17
So I get a text from my neighbor today and he sends me a picture of a rather large bear. Not the one with a tag in his ear. Nope, this one's bigger. Next picture is the bear is laying down about to feast upon last week's leftovers. My neighbor asks if I would like it if he could put his truck in my driveway and honk his horn. I said absolutely. He puts a video of himself honking the horn of his truck, the bear then comes around the corner of the rv shelter, into view and looks at him awhile.......then lays down. So much for making loud noise. Then later I arrive home and go outside to light the grill for some tasty burgers. I look out at my new 3d deer Target, that's inside of my fenced in yard and observe that the head/neck is on the ground. Upon closer inspection I see that there is claw marks in the neck. Cool on one hand, pretty scary on the other.

04-Sep-17
Dude your not doing it per deep instructions....make YOURSELF look big and bang pots n pans together making LOUD noises...if your realy lucky after you dookie your bloomers the stink might fend of yonder bruin..might

04-Sep-17
True...my neighbor does have a Dodge. Not very scary

05-Sep-17
notme - and you left out the part where you throw the dookie at the bear as he runs towards you.

05-Sep-17
Just play dead for 3 minutes..... then you don't have to play anymore.

05-Sep-17
A DODGE!!! Hell he shouldve just cover himself up with honey and ho ho's...wait,i do that on a regular basis but with a different outcome...lol

05-Sep-17
We have had a bear problem at our club. It destroys the 3D targets we have out on the range. Sometimes they look like they were hit with a grenade. No simple solution so far,... that is legal. Very frustrating and expensive

09-Sep-17
Cover the targets with plywood boxes or use motion detectors to trigger high pitch sounds. notme can help with some songs that fit that profile. Also, I hear Justin Bieber and Britney Spears songs are good bear deterrent.

16-Sep-17
That's a problem I'm OK not having, though I do happen to have a damn fine solution for it.

16-Sep-17

GF's embedded Photo
GF's embedded Photo
Aaaaand here she is...

17-Sep-17
GF that is what I was using yesterday in .35. Now all I need is a damn bear to show up.

17-Sep-17
shhhhh ... ENCON might hear you ... then they will bear down hard on you ... shhhh

19-Sep-17
Mine's an 1895SS - .45/70

They don't MAKE bears too big for that puppy - just gotta choose the right load and hope the first shot doesn't cold-cock me!

Funny thing, though.... I center-punched a doe with a 300-grain flying ashtray and put a thumb-sized hole right through the heart.... and she still ran 40 yards. Pretty much in a circle, but still....

Just the same, I think a bear would have to be pretty big to not be impressed by a 405, even at black-powder velocity

• Sitka Gear