Dthfrmabove 07-Sep-17
BruceP 07-Sep-17
Will 07-Sep-17
Fess613 17-Sep-17
DeanMan 18-Sep-17
Dthfrmabove 18-Sep-17
DeanMan 18-Sep-17
06-Sep-17
I have been contemplating changing out my sight for a view with a little less clutter. My current sight is a 3 pin set to 30,40,50 yds and as bright as can be!! I have actually been busted lowering my bow down in the dark because there is so much fiber on the sight. I can actually see my green 30 yd pin while walking out in the dark at night. On shots or just plain target practice once I get to that 40 and 50 yd pins there is a lot of junk in my sight window. I just feel that I could get a clearer picture with a single pin. Question is do any of you use a single pin or pendulum and how do you like them ?? Thanks in advance for your answers and opinions

06-Sep-17
Hey buddy, hope all is well? Single pin for me. Once you start shooting single pin especially hunting you will say to yourself I should've done this sooner. I have a single pine sight I can ship to you if you want to try it. It's a montana black and gold. Just say the word buddy. Once again thanks for the amazing day of stripper fishing at the canal! Jocelyn says Hi!

06-Sep-17
I always shot a multi pin up until 2 years ago. My eyes are getting older and my sight picture was too congested and blurry. Went to a HHA Kingpin. Much better . Nice and bright and no more jumbled pins. Definitely helped me. Good luck.

07-Sep-17
I shoot single for the same reason. Less confusion in the heat of battle. Here at home it hardly moves off of 20 but out west I can side to 50 in a heartbeat if necessary.

07-Sep-17
Single pin... Montana Black Gold Ascent set to be dead on at 20 yards.

07-Sep-17
Ditto my vision isn't what it was so I went single pin to get rid of the clutter. Big improvement. Have a verifier as well and love that.

07-Sep-17
I shoot only one pin (name is a good indication) much easier to focus. I only shoot out to 35yds so one pin at 67 lbs is right on for me.

07-Sep-17
I shoot a single pin,,, hits 1" high at 20yds and dead on at 30yds,,, if anything is further than that I just call myself a bad hunter.

my main reason is I recently bought a used helim at 53# from someone here and I'm coming from an original rival pro maybe 2K4,,, the cast is so much flatter and 90% of my deer are 20yds or less Plus I shoot a 4" helical fletch so it was a no brainer to remove the 30 and 40....just not needed anymore.

07-Sep-17
I reduced my 5 pins to 3 and it made a much better (more light, less clutter) situation. I cant imagine shooting a deer at more than 40 yards here in these woods . Perhaps you could reduce to 2 or 3 pins . That gets you out to 40 yards or so . (20 30 40 )

07-Sep-17

Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Too bad this was the first shots at 40 yds I have taken this summer. Have to start all over again.
Too bad this was the first shots at 40 yds I have taken this summer. Have to start all over again.
Dino how are ya buddy!! Tell Jocelyn I said hi back. Well judging by the responses I think I am going to try the single pin out. It makes sense my first pin is set at 30 yds to begin with and I can count on one hand the number of times I have had to use the 40 yd pin in the past 10 years. Going to arrests this weekend to get it and I will dial back in again over the coming weeks. T

07-Sep-17
Going to Reedys. Damn spell check

07-Sep-17
I know a few guys that shoot a 20 pin and a 40 pin too, I've been shooting at reedys alot out back when are you going

07-Sep-17
I am going to try and see if I can get there this weekend. With how busy work is right now the weekends have become just another day to work. Although I always try and support the local shop and have gotten all my hunting bows and accessories from there I am also considering just ordering one online. I can set it up myself and dial it in at home. I will figure it out and post back tomorrow

07-Sep-17
Single pin zeroed at 25 yds. Never have to move it, just hold a touch high or low to compensate and don't shoot beyond about 30ish. May end up letting deer walk if they fall in that 35+ range but it works for me. Rather let'em walk than take an iffy shot.

07-Sep-17
Single pin. It's on a slider, but set a 27yds. A smidge high inside 20, still on at 30 and at 40 if I aim for the spine I get two lungs - I've only done that 1X in 25+ years though on an actual deer. Most of my shots are inside 20.

I'm debating ditching the slider to shave some weight, but I dont think Ill do it unless I get a new bow down the road. Plus I like the simple sight window, but, being able to drop it to 60 or 70 etc for long range practice.

17-Sep-17
Switched to an HHA Optimizer simgle pin. This year, its easy to set up. Diled it in at 20yds in 15 minutes and could not believe how my groups tightened up. Sight in at 20 and 40 find the tape(included) that matches up and your good from 10 to 80 yds. Ill take their word on that a I have noplace to shoot that far.

18-Sep-17
Shawn, any luck with single pin?

18-Sep-17

Errrrrrr.... stayed with the multi pin. Got a little scared switching out sights with only a month to go before season. What I am going to do next year is switch sights and go with a smaller diameter pin. Mine are real big and at 40 yds and over it takes up a lot of the view. I find I am not as accurate because of the restricted view. There is a trade off though, my current sight is incredibly bright. So bright I have been busted by deer lowering it down from the tree in the dark. I can litkerally see my 30 yd pin in total darkness. So it's a champ in the low light situations. I am afraid that I will not have that option with a smaller diameter pin

Deanman you're gonna have to come down for a little surf and turf this year. Can do a little fishing at night and then we can hit the trees after. Lol

18-Sep-17
Wow!!!! Text me when the blitz is on! Love to hit those strippers again! Maybe get some tree time! I have a single pin for you.

• Sitka Gear