Contributors to this thread:
bfisherman11 11-Sep-17
Tweed 11-Sep-17
Konk1 13-Sep-17
smokey 13-Sep-17
bfisherman11 13-Sep-17
bfisherman11 14-Sep-17
11-Sep-17
I have had a routine of stopping at a local place each year since 2000 to buy my Archery Deer license. Well this year I got so busy I almost forgot so I decided this morning to buy on line. I was surprisingly impressed. First, after entering my DNR# and other identifiers it took me to "My Dashboard" screen. From there I bought my archery license and as I did it logs those or records them on My Dashboard for future reference/use. I also printed my copies as you need to do.

I just wanted to say I think this all looks good and nice. It really felt custom to "me". I know this part is controversial to some, but if I am fortunate to harvest a deer. I can log on to My Dashboard and complete the registration right there.

I know there are some ppl that violate laws etc. For an average guy like me who would never do that, I see this "My Dashboard" feature pretty dang nice.

I imagine some here might not share my feelings but this was VERY convenient for me today. I say thanks to the DNR on this. Oh, I am a guy who did not mind my old back tag,. It was nostalgic to me. Still, I like the new modern tech aspects.

Anyone else use this yet?

Good luck on the opener! Bill

11-Sep-17
I didn't hunt for a number of years. 2015 was the first time I bought a license in a while and felt the same as you about online site.

2015 was the last year for back tags so I still had to wait for that to come in the mail. I love the site and makes everything so easy. Not clumsy at all.

13-Sep-17
I think there will always be people that swear by the system and those that swear at the system. Once you create your "Dashboard" it is really easy to navigate the system. You can go back and see your history which is kind of nice. I've heard the rants about being easier to violate using this new system, but you know what, honest people will remain honest. Not much you can do about the violator except turn them in if you know them.

13-Sep-17
I have been doing this for a couple of years now. It is convenient but takes away from going to a local archery shop to buy the license and visit with the owners, hear what is happening and financially support them. Local shops get a small pittance from the DNR for selling licenses, at least they did in the past. They also got a few dollars for registering animals, which is no longer done.

When I bought my license and registered animals at those shops or gas stations I would also spend some money on other products they were selling so they saw even more money than the little the State gave them.

13-Sep-17
Konk1, you got that right, ha. I thought it was a good idea to post up on this since I had not read anything here on the topic before. As I said I really like it and I think it will be very handy for most of us. Also a good chance to say something nice about our DNR.

Hope most here get a chance to setup their Dashboard to see what we all have seen.

Bill

14-Sep-17
smoky, Same here. I had a routine of buying at a local spot but got busy and could not get there. I tried this out of convenience and was pleasantly surprised.

Bill

• Sitka Gear