Twinetickler 18-Dec-17
BYGODSGRACE 18-Dec-17
Kicker Point 18-Dec-17
Thornton 18-Dec-17
Quinn @work 20-Dec-17
Kicker Point 30-Jan-18
writer 31-Jan-18
11-Sep-17
Sorry if this has already been started, I didn't see one. Our youngest shot this fella on her very first hunt Tuesday night. The cool front was very good to us. I don't know if she or dad was more excited.

11-Sep-17

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo

11-Sep-17
Congrats to both of you!!!

11-Sep-17
Awesome! Congrats to the young hunter, and thanks dad for passing it on!

11-Sep-17
A couple of big grins there, good job.

11-Sep-17
Excellent!

12-Sep-17
Good job there, Regis family!

12-Sep-17
Nice buck! Good job to both of you!

12-Sep-17

BowSlinger's embedded Photo
My 7 year old son, Kaden, got this big boy on the evening of 9/8 over some fresh cut corn. We hunted the whole weekend prior from some tree stands over beans and crp...saw lots of deer but not the "cull" buck caliber we were looking for. Then Friday afternoon I decided to take a different approach. We sat in the third row off uncut corn looking over 240 acres of freshly cut corn. Sat down at 6:00 and saw 15 deer by 7:15 before he shot this guy.

12-Sep-17
Congrats to both of the kids!!! Awesome work Dad's!!!

12-Sep-17
Great job Slinger! Congrats to your son!

13-Sep-17
Awesome pics! Congratulations to all involved and good luck to the rest of you this season.

17-Sep-17

ksdeerhuntr's embedded Photo
Opening day! Kept his summer pattern a little too long...

17-Sep-17
Great deer congrats to all. Cant wait to get out there.

17-Sep-17
Great shot and a great looking deer! Is it me or is his snout/nose bent to the right a little?

17-Sep-17

Yep sure was, contemplating seeing if the Taxidermist can recreate it.

17-Sep-17
Probably got his nose caught in a plastic six pack ring of left by one of those darn NR hunters who can't pick-up their trash!

17-Sep-17
Looks like he was high on corn. Nice deer though. Did he make 155"?

18-Sep-17
Gross 168

18-Sep-17
Nice buck, congrats!

18-Sep-17
Great deer guys! I'm still shooting birds and teal but the trees are calling my name! Hung another stand last week and it's really thick out there, we've had a lot of rain in central Kansas

19-Sep-17

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
On the board here in Colorado. Bonnie is up next.

19-Sep-17

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
On the board here in Colorado. Bonnie is up next.

19-Sep-17

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Today, nice doe.

19-Sep-17
Nice job Matte! You too Frank, looks like a young one but I'm betting it will be great table fare!

19-Sep-17
Frank, no turkeys, coyotes, double on does all before sunrise this time? :-) On Facebook he said it was a mature doe, Kyle. Wonder how many deer he's shot with that climbing stick system, through the years. Nice try at the back-handed compliment, Jason. Great deer, Ksdeer. Pulling for team Bonnie, Matt. How long are you guys out there? Man, you're having a great year.

20-Sep-17
Thanks. She was the biggest of the group, and had twins.

Mike, I cleaned the mouth and covered the wound because of what you have said on here before. And, age is catching up to me.

25-Sep-17

non typ's embedded Photo
non typ's embedded Photo
OTC in Idaho. Hiked in 3 miles at 5am. Almost got the heard bull but the thermals changed. I backed out and seen this one 1/2 mile from the bikes. Called him in to 35 yd. He died on the pack trail so we brought him out whole on my deer sled. All down hill but 10'

26-Sep-17

crazyhawksfan's embedded Photo
Nice deer and elk fellas. So badass seeing you dads getting the younguns out! Hope to be doing the same someday. Me and the boys have been blessed so far this season. We went 3 for 3 on our Colorado otc hunt with a stud thrown in. Looking forward to climbing into a stand again. Good luck to all.

26-Sep-17

26-Sep-17

26-Sep-17

26-Sep-17
Very nice! Congrats!

26-Sep-17
Awesome hunt Crazyhawksfan.

26-Sep-17
3 for 3 on OTC CO is a real accomplishment, congrats guys!

26-Sep-17

Hoytman84's embedded Photo
3 for 3 is incredible! Congrats on that amazing trip. Congrats to all who have had a chance to make it out this season. Here is a condensed recap of this past weekend's adventure: This year marked the fourth year I have headed west in an attempt to spot and stalk the elusive pronghorn antelope. I have gained a great deal of respect for these magnificent animals and the land they call home. I have also limped home on multiple occasions after being humiliated and donating a few arrows. It can be one of the most grueling hunts and the habitat can really show you who is the boss. I have been fortunate to have many opportunities and some truly memorable encounters. This year I was able to finally capitalize. I have to give props to my 9 year old son Lane who has toughed it out and caught the fire the past two seasons as he has tagged along on these adventures. He was right beside me as this buck confronted the decoy and attempted to circle downwind, only to find that we had positioned ourselves upwind and at a 45 degree angle roughly 40 yards from the decoy. This buck had no idea we were hidden behind a side by side pair of yucca plants that blended us perfectly. It was really the perfect setup as the buck was bedded high(for flat western Kansas) on a ridge while the rain poured down and we snuck into position. As the rain subsided, the buck stood to find the intruder(my decoy) setup in the bottom. He followed his curious set of 3 does down a drainage towards the decoy. As soon as he hit 100 yards, he decided to pin his ears back and stiff legged walked all the way in to the decoy. He allowed me to come to full draw unnoticed and I had to grunt to stop him multiple times at 20 yards before he realized it was too late. I have attempted video in all of my years of chasing these beautiful animals but this particular hunt did not allow me to carry it due to the 4 plus inches of rain in two days. It really was too bad, as that was a memory Lane and I will never forget and he was in perfect position to capture it all. I really wish I had known the buck was going to do that as Lane had a tag this year and his crossbow was ready to go. He insisted that he be the range finder and he was a trooper the entire weekend. He even helped me pack him out over a mile and a half. The rain was brutal and after a very close call on a buck the day prior while sitting over a water hole(at the tail end of a long dry spell), this couldn't have been a better ending. Everything happens for a reason and cattle saved the buck the day prior and I thought my chance for 2017 had come and gone. It was a great end to a tough weekend and I couldn't have asked for a better ending to my lack of success at beating the elusive Kansas speed goat.(doubledrop)

26-Sep-17
Crazy success, Crazy. They're going to have to restock that area after you guys.

Heck of a buck, Hoyt. Any details as per size?

Danged sure a Boone and Crockett memory for you and your boy!

26-Sep-17
Great elk guys! Kinda funny if that was 3 colorado guys with 3 bucks you guys would rip the one guy for shooting a baby deer!! Why is it ok for you to hunt other states but not ok for us to hunt Kansas? By the way 3 for 3 otc....... Awesome!!

27-Sep-17
Thanks guys. Forest that was my first elk. The first deer I shot was a button buck when I was 12. Kinda the same thing to me. Next year I'll definitely be holding out for something older. We called this guy in the first day of hunting and with us having 3 tags to fill and never having shot an elk I wasn't going to pass.

27-Sep-17
Logan I think that's great. I grew up hunting elk in Colorado and love to see a bow hunter take his first elk. But have seen guys on here get railed by Kansas res for shooting young deer in Kansas. Just pointing that out. Your bull is the size of the first 5 I shot!!??

27-Sep-17
Man, you guys are setting the bar high, some great success already! Great job with all the elk and the speed goat to boot everyone!

27-Sep-17
Was that antelope shot in Kansas?

27-Sep-17
Yeah Forest I get where your coming from for sure. I've always looked at it as you buy the tag you can choose what to shoot. Obviously if someone is coming year after year and only shooting young deer that's another conversation.

27-Sep-17
Way to go Dylan. Nice goat. Having been out there several times I know how hard it is.

27-Sep-17
Forest, yes it was Kansas. Thanks guys, I wish I had filmed more as I usually have better images and can at least pull some stills from the video but the rain was unbelievable this past weekend. Writer, I'm not sure on score, I just know I wasn't going to be too picky this year and just got lucky that a good one decided to commit to the decoy. (doubledrop)

27-Sep-17
Great goat! 78"?

27-Sep-17

Ruthless09's embedded Photo
Shot my doe this evening 25 yard shot and a 40 yard recovery, congrats to all so far.

27-Sep-17
Congrats guys!!

27-Sep-17
Great Deer! That one by KSdeerhuntr is awesome. Inspiring me to get out soon....

28-Sep-17
Man I need to go try goats again. Ended up with permission on a giant chunk of ground that holds a big herd but always seem to busy in September. Congrats on that guy.

28-Sep-17
Great Pronghorn Dylan, he's heavy...earned that one!

Congrats on the doe too Dennis, have a safe and productive season!

28-Sep-17
Congrats to all who have posted pics.

14-Oct-17

Dss's embedded Photo
Dss's embedded Photo
Hate to say it, but I have not been on bowsite for quite some time. They changed permissions and filters at work so my lunch time reading has went away. I don't like getting on the computer once I get home after being on an all day at work. Figured I better get back on via phone or home and see what's going on.

Took this small doe last Wednesday (10/11/17) evening. 22 yard shot - 77 yard recovery.

I switched from mechanical broadheads last season 2 Magnus Stinger Buzzcut 4 Blade broadheads. I have to say, I absolutely love these Kansas made broadheads!

14-Oct-17

Dss's embedded Photo
Dss's embedded Photo

14-Oct-17

shot doe number 2 this evening at 4:20 bitter sweet day as today my father would have been 68, always feel closer to him when I am in the woods, so glad he got me into archery hunting at an early age.

15-Oct-17
No doubt dad was there with you.

29-Oct-17

Shot my third doe this morning. been seeing small bucks bumping doe's, still night pics of the big ones. getting close though.

30-Oct-17

DH-mobile's embedded Photo
DH-mobile's embedded Photo
I took my 3 year old son with me hunting on Saturday afternoon from a blind for his first hunt. We did not see anything, but he lasted about an hour and a half which was more than I was expecting. I went out alone Sunday morning and remember thinking from the stand that it would sure be cool if I were to shoot a buck and he could come help me do the tracking and recover. About an hour later, this guy came in dogging 4 does and I immediately knew I would shoot him if I got the chance. He worked a scrape about 100 yds out and came straight to me to 16 yards, presenting me with a perfect shot. After about an hour, my wife and son met me and helped me find him. I know there are a lot bigger deer around that I could have held out for, but that may be the most fun I have ever had recovering a deer. His excitement and questions made for a great morning!

30-Oct-17

KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
Stumbled into a good one yesterday!

30-Oct-17

Griff's embedded Photo
Griff's embedded Photo
Well I didn't kill a great buck or a nice tom but I did get a nice young turkey on Sunday evening. This bird finally gave me the shot I had been waiting for, close!!! I took this bird with an Osage selfbow I made at OJAM in Oklahoma last year and was using a cedar arrow tipped with a Georgetown flint point I made also and it was held in place by sinew from a doe I had taken the year before. This had been a long dream of mine to take an animal using everything made by me as much as possible. My next step will be to use a rivercane arrow.

30-Oct-17
Some great deer being taken. Congratulations guys!!!

30-Oct-17
Neat stuff, Griff.

30-Oct-17

cherney12's embedded Photo
cherney12's embedded Photo
Put my blind up at 2, settled in at 4:30, shot him at 5 on Friday afternoon. Now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of my vacation days... :O I'm not sure how this happened, they talk about ground shrinkage, but I was on the ground... :) Hope to shoot a doe next weekend. A little bummed I won't be in the woods as much during the heart of the rut but happy to make a good shot on a short and exciting hunt.

30-Oct-17
That,s really cool Griff something to be proud of. I have shot 3 turkeys with my compound and not recovered any of them. I quit trying went back to 12 guage

30-Oct-17
Turkeys can be tough with a bow. Started that with mountain grouse and just end aiming for the head on all birds. They seem to win more than they lose though.

30-Oct-17
Nice work Kaleb and Patrick...and Bob, well that's a great accomplishment and I know how hard you worked for it sir!

31-Oct-17
Congrats all!

01-Nov-17
Very cool Bob! That's impressive no matter the size or critter. Congrats to everyone else as well!

01-Nov-17
You guys are getting it done!! Excellent work all around!

02-Nov-17
Congratulations, guys! That goat and that muley, very nice!

03-Nov-17
awesome! congrats.

06-Nov-17

boothill's embedded Photo
boothill's embedded Photo
11/4 @ 5:50pm

06-Nov-17

Jayhawk1983's embedded Photo
Jayhawk1983's embedded Photo
This morning at 7:35. 1st sit in KS this year. I’ve sat a couple times in MO and I’ll be going back to the bad side of the state line later this week. 30 yard shot with a hypodermic, and he went 70. Older buck. Was covered up in does all morning and he came to check them. Couldn’t pass on him. Biggest body deer I’ve ever shot. Perfect morning.

06-Nov-17
Gotta love it when the pic previews right side up and then doesn’t go through correctly. I apologize to your necks.

06-Nov-17
Congrats guys. Hunting for a nice one like those myself, no luck yet. Have only observed 1 shooter from stand, and that was in October. Hope things start changing tomorrow. GL to all still holding a tag, lock those seatbelts, it's about ready to get great!

07-Nov-17

Bowman's embedded Photo
Bowman's embedded Photo
Nov 6th 8am in NW Ks

08-Nov-17

Kicker Point's embedded Photo
I have been doing some hunting in a very new Missouri spot waiting for the KS rut to heat up. Using the Syracusian (see Frank) method of hanging and hunting, I was able to arrow this decent buck in the Show me State ending a long draught there. My buddy and I got the whole thing on video. He came in to the calling and snort wheezing perfectly. Lots of fun. Very thankful to God for the experience. Now on to Kansas for the rest of the month!

10-Nov-17

Shot my buck tonight at 4:30, he was cruising a edge at 60 yards, I grunted at him and he stopped then I snort wheezed at him and here he come to 22 yards, then a 50 yard recovery. congrats to all so far and good luck to all still at it.

11-Nov-17

Last night at 5:30...Woodson county. He chased a doe 5 yds in front of my stand.

11-Nov-17
Some great bucks and memories there fellas, congrats!

13-Nov-17

Cb's embedded Photo
Cb's embedded Photo
Here is a buck from Sumner County. Shot on 11/12

13-Nov-17

Good deer everyone! Got mine Friday evening. Was after an old mature 7 point and had him and 3 other bucks chasing a doe. Got down out of my stand and stalked in grunting the whole time. Shot this guy when he came charging in to 10 yards thinking he was the 7 as they have similar shaped racks. Shot him with a frontal and he went maybe 80 yards. Other then the fact I shot the wrong deer it was an epic hunt.. Good luck to everyone still hunting!

14-Nov-17

Ksgobbler's embedded Photo
Ksgobbler's embedded Photo
Shot him last night recovery this morning.

14-Nov-17

Halmac's embedded Photo
Shot him at noon today.
Halmac's embedded Photo
Shot him at noon today.

15-Nov-17

HoytZinger's embedded Photo
HoytZinger's embedded Photo
11-12, 1:00pm, Cowley County. He outsmarted me a week earlier and had to throw some smoke at him. Funnest hunt I have ever been on to date and it was only 10 minutes long:)

15-Nov-17

Well filled my turkey tag this evening, 20 yard shot and he fell 10 yards from the blind. 10 inch beard and 5/8 in spurs.

15-Nov-17

15-Nov-17

Smoky36's embedded Photo
Smoky36's embedded Photo

15-Nov-17

Smoky36's embedded Photo
Smoky36's embedded Photo

16-Nov-17
Great deer Hoyt and Smoky!!

16-Nov-17
Smoky36 man that's a nice buck right there - 160's ?

16-Nov-17

17-Nov-17

Trebarker's embedded Photo
Trebarker's embedded Photo
7:11am today, 98.6 and falling

17-Nov-17

Knock-Nock's embedded Photo
Knock-Nock's embedded Photo

Knock-Nock's Link
I had this buck come in to a decoy at 3:30 in the afternoon on November 14th. After an epic tracking job with Kicker Point I finally recovered this deer. It was a gut and liver hit that I am not proud of. I'll link to the video which is a little overexposed due to a camera button getting bumped.

17-Nov-17
Congrats guys!

17-Nov-17

MBabs's embedded Photo
MBabs's embedded Photo
Great deer fellas. Congrats to all. For those still going...just keep trying. It just takes a moment to turn a slow season around. I forgot to throw mine on the meatpole so here he is. Taken Wednesday around 3pm-public land. My best to date. Came in to my one and only successful rattle.

18-Nov-17

18-Nov-17

hunt4life's embedded Photo
hunt4life's embedded Photo
11/15 , 8:10 am

18-Nov-17

22-Nov-17

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
After a very long but wonderful season this guy made the mistake of coming out into the bean field in broad daylight.

24-Nov-17

Leebo1963's embedded Photo
Finally connected with a mature buck, Thanksgiving morning! A great day of hunting and being with family. One of the more massive bucks I have had the pleaser of harvesting!

24-Nov-17

24-Nov-17
Some great deer here fellas, congrats!

24-Nov-17

Bigsho69's embedded Photo
Shot this deer on November 19th at around 7:30am at 13 yds. He was out looking by himself. Got a trailcam pic of him the day before.

24-Nov-17

Woodsmaster's embedded Photo
Woodsmaster's embedded Photo
I shot this nice 8 pointer November 2nd at 24 yards after watching him work a scrape.

25-Nov-17

Ironbow's embedded Photo
Ironbow's embedded Photo
Nov. 20 at 8:00 am. Base of the right antler is 7 7/8". Most mass of any buck I have ever shot.

27-Nov-17

LuckyStrike's embedded Photo
Saw him bed down Friday night, stalked him Saturday, Nov 25th 10 a.m. ended up with a 10 yard shot. He went about 20 yards down into a water way and died. Both ears looked like the tips had froze off at some point in his life.

27-Nov-17

clattin's embedded Photo
clattin's embedded Photo
My 13 year old son, Jack got it done this eve! We came back home to Smith County Kansas on Friday to spend a week bird hunting, coyote hunting, deer hunting and visiting family. My 74 yr old dad took him out this eve on a piece of our property and he connected with this great buck at 15 yds right at 5pm. This is his first buck with a bow and I'm SOOO happy that he had this experience with my dad! This is something they'll both remember forever! He's also "missing" a week of school for this trip so its really special. They got the deer from a popup that they just put up yesterday and this deer wasn't bothered by it at all....I'm SO surprised! I find that a newly set popup usually makes them very nervous! The buck ran about 50 yds before taking the nose dive and they got to see it all! The Slick Tricks did the job!

Chris

27-Nov-17

MichaelArnette's embedded Photo
Congrats guys!! No buck for me but a button buck and a doe to even things out. I passed shots at both of them a few days or weeks before I shot them. Passed up 6 bucks in Kansas and 14 in Oklahoma and still haven't had a shooter in range.

27-Nov-17

27-Nov-17

Oops I lied! Forgot to mention the decent buck I missed at 25ish yards ...grr

28-Nov-17
clattin,

Awesome story on your kid and dad.

03-Dec-17

03-Dec-17

Hitman184's embedded Photo
I'm a little late on this post, but better late than never. I shot this main frame 8pt Nov 19th chasing does. I had 4 doe at 30 yrd, he came in to 50 yrd and the doe bomb went off. He followed one about 100 yrd into the field, then suddenly she ran a big loop right back to me. He came in perfect at 15 yrd. 75 yrd recovery! Should b my second largest whitetail ever.

03-Dec-17
Must have been the designer camo you were wearing that enabled you to get a great buck! :)

03-Dec-17

My hunting partner shot this one Nov 9th. I think his designer camo worked too!

04-Dec-17
Nice bucks men! Was good to meet you on your trip.

05-Dec-17
You done good boys!

07-Dec-17

Perfect Kansas morning to be in a tree! To shoot this good buck with a bow in the middle of gun season is a real blessing. This makes my third buck taken with a bow during gun season over the years. I guess I should just skip October and November from now on!

07-Dec-17
3 main beams? That's a real Kicker Point....Good one Tony....

07-Dec-17
Wow, congrats!!

07-Dec-17
Congrats guys...that is a sweet buck Tony!!

07-Dec-17

Wally's embedded Photo
Opening week in Colorado OTC, DIY, SOLO 7.5 mile pack out. Ya that was crazy stupid.
Wally's embedded Photo
Opening week in Colorado OTC, DIY, SOLO 7.5 mile pack out. Ya that was crazy stupid.

10-Dec-17
Great pics guys!

10-Dec-17

Alright guys I know this is a bow site so forgive me for posting a gun kill. I just gotta give this girl mad props for holding out for a good buck! Her first year in the great state was unsuccessful but she passed multiple young bucks in the woods. This season she returned for a second chance at a mature deer. We had tons of young bucks on the farm she was primarily hunting and 1 or 2 shooters. I'm pretty sure the 14 pt that was on the top of our hit list was killed early rifle season. So her choices were limited. 10 long days in the stand payed off for this tough girl! So happy for you jess and good job studying all of the pics we had so you knew what caliber buck you wanted to take! Congrats and I hope next year brings more of the same fortune!

10-Dec-17

10-Dec-17

KS85's embedded Photo
KS85's embedded Photo
Montgomery county, Friday December 9th at 26 yards. Killed on our 85 acre farm

13-Dec-17
Hell of a buck!

15-Dec-17

doubledrop's embedded Photo
doubledrop's embedded Photo
Luck finally arrived on the evening of December 12th. To say this was a trying season would be a huge understatement. I had some great encounters but overall just saw way too many great up and coming bucks and decided to catch and release a few bucks with the video camera that I probably would have taken in years prior. I have had some good fortune the past few years so going into this season I knew I didn't want to shoot a deer just to say I got one and that I would be alright with tag soup if I had to. This was probably a deer that would have fit into that category under normal circumstances. However, this was far from that and I really don't even know how to put the story into words but it was a wild turn of events and rare opportunity.

This buck would have been safe in any other situation, given the broken main beams and brow tine, but the story is crazy and I was able to take him after rifle season and to top that off, I was able to spot and stalk this guy and made a 50 yard shot on him. Hunting out west for pronghorn has really made that a possibility as I do not like to take that risk normally but I was very confident in my shooting, thanks to all of the pre-season preparation. I think one of the main beams was broken during his final run so hopefully I can search for that needle in a haystack but either way, this hunt was not about whats on this bucks head. He did look much better back in November though.

I had an encounter with this buck earlier in the year and he is in a spot I don't normally hunt and he and other bucks were being a nuisance to a neighbors trees and shrubs. I wasn't able to film this and that is not normally my style either, but every once in awhile you take chances and it was a blast and bucket list item to take a mature whitetail by spot and stalk. Never say never guys, I thought my season was over. Keep after it, you never know when that opportunity will present itself.

15-Dec-17
Pretty awesome story Dylan and a great buck.

18-Dec-17

Thornton's embedded Photo

18-Dec-17

18-Dec-17
Better late than never, I always say. He is the one on the far left. I saw him once in person in August when I took the picture. I didn't use trailcams this year until Thanksgiving because the bachelor herds usually arrive in the summer. They bed close to the field sometimes and if I am checking cameras, they often disappear as did the 3, large 10 pointers to the right of this one.

18-Dec-17
Nice buck Jason, he’ll look danged good in that new house, beside that big mule deer.

18-Dec-17
Nice buck Jason, he’ll look danged good in that new house, beside that big mule deer.

18-Dec-17
Awesome buck man! Congrats! Would love to hear how it all went down!

18-Dec-17
Never have archery hunted in a late season. Is it worth it to go sit? Any pointers?

18-Dec-17
Congrats! Great buck! Where'd you hit him?

18-Dec-17
Thank you all. I'll post a story later. I have a lot of photos I took during the season. Arrow went in left rear ribs and came out the right front shoulder. ByGod'sgrace- I've had various luck in late season. I would have had one last year as well, but the broadhead opened in flight and shot a foot low. If you have a good food source, it can be better than the rut without all the other hunters.

20-Dec-17
Congrats Thornton. Nice archery buck!

30-Jan-18
Every almost February I get the hardcore hunting withdrawals and go through this harvest thread. Great bucks. Great memories. I will say however, there seems to be a lot less good bucks being shot in KS in recent years. Of course, I think this is no coincidence, just a sign of the state of things.

31-Jan-18
A lot of more big bucks being posted on the Kansas Hunting and Fishing Facebook page these days. Far, far more usage than Bowsite.

• Sitka Gear