New York
Contributors to this thread:
Droptine10 11-Sep-17
pogo 11-Sep-17
Droptine10 12-Sep-17
bow shot 12-Sep-17
Droptine10 12-Sep-17
11-Sep-17
So about a month ago I picked up a pair of LaCrosse boots. I had always used them in the past so I figured they were still the way to go. What I don't remember is them stinking like rubber SO BAD !. Do most of you guys still use rubber boots, is there a way to get rid of most of the smell ?.

11-Sep-17
I've always used LaCrosse Burlys....... but I scrub the bottom of the boots with a paste of baking soda and water before first use. I also never wear my boots in my truck...... only put them on before entering the woods and taking them off before getting in my truck..

I store them in a black garbage bag with a little baking soda in the bottom and step in any deer poop I find along the way.

12-Sep-17
Pogo, I pretty much do the same with storage and use.Only difference is my bag will have dirt and leaves in it ;) I hope your right Pat !.

12-Sep-17
+1 to the rest of the brethren. I leave mine outside, upside down (NOT in the sun) for as long as possible. It'll go away. FWIW, I don't think the deer care about the chemical stink, its the man-funk they fear. But I can't prove that, its just an observation over the years, not the result of the scientific empirical testing.

12-Sep-17
I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to burry them in dirt 3/4 of the way up the boot. Leave them "planted" for a week (*_*)

• Sitka Gear