Konk1 13-Sep-17
Tweed 13-Sep-17
SgtMac 13-Sep-17
SgtMac 13-Sep-17
xtroutx 13-Sep-17
Fran 13-Sep-17
RutnStrut 13-Sep-17
12-Sep-17
What are your goals for this deer season?

12-Sep-17
To complete my 48th year of deer hunting with a longbow and cedar arrows. My goal is not the kill, have harvested well over 150 deer and bear.

12-Sep-17
My goals for this season are to harvest my first deer with a bow and learn as much as i can to be a better bow hunter!!!!!

12-Sep-17
Shoot a mature buck and one doe.

12-Sep-17
The same every year. Hope to live long enough to see opening day 2018.

12-Sep-17
Record my son killing a deer.

12-Sep-17
A mature buck, and two does.

12-Sep-17
Not to fall out of a tree or injure myself anyother way that shortens my season.

12-Sep-17
Learn how to manage a new piece of property.

12-Sep-17
Same as last year - a book buck with my stickbow and a bunch of does.

12-Sep-17
Tweed, you better just wear boxing gloves all the time to protect those fingers. Hahaha

12-Sep-17
A deer with my long bow and my recurve. Going to be a fun and crazy season!

12-Sep-17
I sat here thinking about what my goals are for this season. I don't usually set any other than to enjoy the hunt and what it brings. When the Ontario bear hunt came up this past spring I started thinking I could harvest 3 bears in one year's time because I scored in Wisconsin last year, then I scored in Manitoba, and now I scored in Minnesota too. So now what about deer hunting? Yesterday I was unloading bear hunting supplies and bait at my Hayward place and a small buck and a young doe walked into my apple orchard and ate a few apples then laid down 25 yards from us and had no concern about us being there. At that time I realized I am well past the point where hunting is about the score sheet. It is about being out there, not any high strung goals like harvesting 3 bears in a calendar year. I did draw an Iowa bow tag so I will be there, I would like to get the drop tine that I had on camera there last fall but I have no clue if he is still alive. I will put some cameras out there this week but whatever happens, happens and whatever way it goes in Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota will be just fine.

12-Sep-17
Enjoy my time in the woods and hopefully my son gets a deer, doe or buck, with his bow.

12-Sep-17
Backstaps, onions and butter in the cast iron skillet with a story of the hunt surrounded by family and friends.

12-Sep-17
I'm hanging out with Pete Pasq. Lofty goal!

12-Sep-17
My goal for the year is to bowhunt. My shoulder is not progressing well and I am struggling with a very lightweight draw bow. I just hope that by November I can draw at least a 35 - 40# bow and will at least be able to truthfully say to myself that I bowhunted this year. If I am able to bowhunt I will have a string of 61 consecutive years bowhunting for Wisconsin whitetails.

12-Sep-17
Pulling for ya Case!

13-Sep-17
Goal is to have a great season, see crazy deer behavior, see mature deer closely, my dad to get a buck

13-Sep-17
Enjoy as much time as possible sitting in a stand.

13-Sep-17
1) Put some venison in the freezer. Whether it's a buck or doe, makes no difference to me.

2) Help my son drag out his first archery buck.

3) Enjoy the season

13-Sep-17
Sounds like a great season Konk1!

13-Sep-17
Shoot my first buck with my bow.

13-Sep-17
Shoot my first buck with my bow.

13-Sep-17
For me, getting out and enjoying the great fall weather. I love hunting the hardwoods this time of year. A nice buck is a plus,but definetly not a statement of a successful season for me. I am greatful everyday I can enjoy the hunt.

13-Sep-17
This year had shoulder surgery so bow hunting wont happen this year for me But my son-in-law is bow hunting for the first time this year hopefully we can put him in the position to harvest his first deer he's active military so his time will be limited. My goal is to help others when I can..

13-Sep-17
I like others am more about just slowing down, taking it in and enjoying. I will shoot whatever gets me pumped up. I love hunting mature bucks. But sometimes I get too wrapped up in it. A few years ago I rattled in a nice 3.5 year old that for the last 10 years I had been letting that caliber of deer walk. That hunt was exciting and fun so I shot him and was proud. I realised then I was putting too much emphasis on age/score and needed to refocus. Whatever your goals. Have fun and be safe.

• Sitka Gear