petedrummond 16-Sep-17
petedrummond 16-Sep-17
deerhunter72 16-Sep-17
petedrummond 17-Sep-17
deerhunter72 17-Sep-17
bumpinblaze4x4 18-Sep-17
The last savage 21-Sep-17
14-Sep-17
Hey guys new to the forum, I was wanting to hear what you all do for your scent routine. From washing them to putting them on and putting them back. I'm interested to see the spectrum of scent freaks!

15-Sep-17
Playing the wind is the way to go.

15-Sep-17
Not much of a scent freak. Best thing to do is pay attention to the wind. In the past I would leave my hunting clothes outside on my back porch all season. I've since moved and they just hang in my spare garage. I only wash them at then end of the season, unless they accidentally get a lot of blood on them. If I remember I use scent away spray just before going to the field. I can't say that it is effective on way or the other.

Welcome to Bowsite!

16-Sep-17
I do nothing special; wash my clothes on occasion, play the wind as best I can. Of course I'm not much of a big buck killer either, so maybe I'm doing it all wrong. Even if I thought the special scent routines were effective, I'd likely not go that route. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me, but maybe some day I'll give it a try.

16-Sep-17
Do you really think there is something that will subdue your scent? The drug runners try to hide the scent of their haul from the drug sniffing dogs, and I don't think they have come up with anything yet. You play the wind, give up a quarter of your space and hope they don't come from down wind.

16-Sep-17

petedrummond's embedded Photo
Im buying an ozonics they work on bears

16-Sep-17

They cant smell you nut they do smell the ozone

16-Sep-17
WOW!! Congrats

17-Sep-17
Had two try to stick heads in vertical slits one of which did. Another tried to rip off back door of blind a little too close.

17-Sep-17
Way too close!

18-Sep-17
You can't beat a deer's nose but any step taken in limiting human scent may be beneficial. I do the following:

I wash all clothing and gear in scent free detergent prior to the season; hang dry outside for a few days and pack them in "scent proof" bags. Once i wear a piece of clothing i end up hanging it out for a day or two and put it in a secondary gear bag as "used clothing" which i may wear again or just wash.

I shower in scent free soap and use a clean towel washed in scent free detergent before each hunt.

There is no miracle formula but thats what i do.

21-Sep-17
Dang Pete ..they were close!!!

• Sitka Gear