Belchertown Bowman 17-Sep-17
arch2112 17-Sep-17
Belchertown Bowman 18-Sep-17
15-Sep-17

Belchertown Bowman's embedded Photo
The War Machine
Belchertown Bowman's embedded Photo
The War Machine
So I have been crafting a Hunters Bike. If Boing Airplane company can have it's "Skunk Works",.. hell I got my,.. um,.. "Chipmunk Works"! Yes that is it! LOL

Here is the plan: Notice how the rear gun support line goes through the trigger area. So when I am driving down the trails if there is a deer in front of me,.. all I have to do is jam on the breaks while the bike is pointed at the deer and the gun will go off bagging my trophy buck!

What do ya all think?

... Yes this is just a joke.

15-Sep-17
Mad Max

15-Sep-17
Joke or not , you are onto something . That bike would come in handy if it was green. I just got out of the woods and could have traveled far and fast with that rig.

15-Sep-17

arch2112's embedded Photo
Got the bike and a lock on Craig's list for $100. Bow/gun mount for $30 on ebay.

15-Sep-17
Can ya post a close up of the gun bow mount,.. thanks,.. or model?

I bought those too but I lacked the handle bar real estate to mount it,.. One side where the shifter is ,.. is tight for space. mine had a big 4 bolt setup way too much.

can I see a close up of the part where it attaches to the bar I need to see a size perspective,..

That is a nice setup!

15-Sep-17
Great 2112 . If you wanted some electric power there something that mounts to a bike . A Kit .

15-Sep-17

That is a problem with that type of carrier if you don't have the space on the handlebars. First thing I looked at when I went to see the bike. That was a gem of bike for $100. The Kryptonite lock is decent too. I use that to lock a stand.

15-Sep-17
Very nice set up. Do you put a gun in there too for shotgun season? That would be a hoot seeing that ridding around.. Prob get pulled over by the police as someone complains of an armed madman running around with a gun to 911!

Do you ground hunt? Now I am eyeing my 20 # climber,.. it has the carry harness and thinking,.. how will this all work out ? Maybe this will have to be a practice night ride,.. before I panic the neighbors

16-Sep-17

arch2112's Link
I haven't put a gun in but it would work. I use the bike to get to tree stands deep on public land. Quick and easy as long as there is decent trails. I have a rack on it now and I could put a stand and sticks on the back but don't do this for daily hunts. Stands were put up in July.

I only hunt on the ground with my muzzeloader and usually I head to deep, thick swamps where the bike is useless.

The model I got is a much like this. I got it off ebay but I don't see them there right now. Not for $30 at least.

16-Sep-17
Thanks Arch,.. I will see if I can get some of those bow holders and maybe a roll of camo duct tape..

Short on time and practice for me this year,.. amazing how fast the pre hunt slipped by,..

If I get anywhere with this project I will post a follow up.

17-Sep-17
The second set of bike bun/bow holders arrived and I was again thwarted,.. my handle bars just suck for this, way to narrow and the brackets were like 5 inches apart the gun and bow were not stable in there (will be returning them). I am not about to swap the handle bars out (this year) and have decided I will just strap the gun or bow right to the tree stand on my back and see how that goes,.. getting a bit top heavy though.

Watch,.. I will catch a low hanging branch with the gun or bow sticking up on my back and tear myself off the bike while going down a trail,.. LOL

17-Sep-17
Why not just use a sling?

18-Sep-17
I think I could use a sling but not when I have the stand on my back. I plan on some ground hunting with a comfy collapsible chair during gun season so a sling would work then.

This all came together sorta fast for me, not a lot of practice time. I guess I gotta mount that stand up and go for a ride around the neighborhood to see how tough or easy it is.

• Sitka Gear