Badgeralum 16-Sep-17
Chris S 16-Sep-17
RutnStrut 16-Sep-17
Badgeralum 18-Sep-17
RutnStrut 18-Sep-17
bfisherman11 18-Sep-17
Z2 18-Sep-17
16-Sep-17
Just curious on what your thoughts are on the Ground Hog Max system for doing smaller food plots? I have found a used unit for $200 on craig's list. Just looking for some insight on how they perform etc. Thank you for any insight.

16-Sep-17
Buy it they work well and don't take up any room in garage. Just make sure you have a strong receiver on your atv or buy a stronger tongue to put on so it's not flexing.

16-Sep-17
Yup they work great and are built like a tank. As Chris said make sure you have a heavy duty receiver. I would sell my extra one for 175.00 if you are closer to me than the one you are looking at.

18-Sep-17
Rut and Chris. Thank you for the information. I checked the four wheeler this weekend and found out it is only two wheel drive and does not have the right hitch. I guess I might have to find a four wheeler first, then the Ground Hog Max

18-Sep-17
Feel free to PM me any questions you may have Badgeralum.

18-Sep-17
I've been food plotting for a while now. I have one spot that has had weed troubles and I think it is because I till that plot. When you break ground, even if you kill it first you can dig up weed seeds. Next year I am going to try to kill the plot first and seed and roll. Just a thought and not meaning to hijack. I have had my plots for years so not like busting sod the first time. If you need to bust sod, agree you need something to break it up. I usually mow, kill, cut up with my 2 bottom plow and then disk. I have a tractor with a 3-point hitch. If you have to cut through sod, I would till it in the spring when the soil is softer than summer when the ground is hard. Just my 2c.

Bill

18-Sep-17
The ground hog max works great for small food plots. I had about a half acre clearing done in less than an hour. Area was sprayed a week before then I let it sit for a week. Then I went in to disc and sprayed it again after. Really like it and the fact that you can get into pretty much anywhere and put in an efficient food plot.

• Sitka Gear