Massachusetts
Contributors to this thread:
Buckshot89 17-Sep-17
Belchertown Bowman 17-Sep-17
Eastie778 17-Sep-17
Buckshot89 18-Sep-17
Pi 19-Sep-17
17-Sep-17
Came "home" to MA this weekend for the BIG E. You western MA guys know what I'm talking about. I met up with some old hunting buddies and we got all liquored up and exchanged some info about spots and deer activity. Haha. My season started Friday (SEPT15th). I do hunt with them on occasion along with my father and brother in zone 7 at an archery only location. I come home but once a month usually for a military obligation and my good friend was interested in a location I once hunted which I still have a stand up at (private property, home made tree stand). He asked my permission to use it or set up near it. Which took me back because I haven't hunted it in almost two years (since my NH move). Last time I used it was November 2015, botched a shot at a huge buck and was sick to my stomach fur weeks. Anyway I never expected to be asked permission and apparently the reason why it hasn't been touched since then was because of my lack of presence. I instantly felt guilty for it being untouched and told him to by all means have at it this year. These guys are like brothers to me and just the simple gesture of asking permission after so long definitely touched me as a sportsman. Taught me that there are great people out there guys, and with all the theft, devious stuff, and bull crap going on and all the drama, just remember your roots, your friends and family, and be respectable and courteous and learn from others. I was reminded that we really do look out for one another and will help each other with success every chance we get. With that I will say good luck this season, be safe, and don't be "that guy" that gets upset over little things or the irrelevant activities of others. Hunt hard. Shoot true and strive for success. Good luck fellas!!!!

17-Sep-17
Nice post Buckshot,.. and from the heart too!

Well done.

17-Sep-17
Great post Buck, X2 on what BB said. One of the most inspiring things I've encountered on this journey is the generosity of my fellow hunters. I've said it before, but if it we're for the guys on this site I never would have filled a tag. Thanks gentlemen, I'll continue to try to pay it forward.

18-Sep-17
I challenge every sportsman to pay it forward. I've encountered plenty of equipment (thousands of dollars worth) and never thought about vandalism or theft once. Contacted many of sportsman afield while hunting and most situations have been positive except for one. I don't blame that one situation on anybody or anything. It was an unfortunate misunderstanding that was made up for in the end and we both gained a friend afterwards. The main reason for the original post was because of a shitstorm of posts on facebook hunting pages that I belong to lately. Just when I started losing faith in the hunting community I was humbled and reminded there are more good sportsman than bad.

19-Sep-17
Thanks Buckshot89 , good words . Far more good than bad !

• Sitka Gear