WI Shedhead 13-Aug-21
bghunter 14-Aug-21
RUGER1022 14-Aug-21
Huntcell 14-Aug-21
JG 14-Aug-21
Hoot 15-Aug-21
RUGER1022 15-Aug-21
17-Sep-17
My husband was drawn for his first ever Bobcat tag for Northwestern Wisconsin and we are looking for a reputable guide to help with getting one. He drew the first season that will start on October 14, 2017 through December 25, 2017 (?). He has some time available during the week of October 24 (all week) and is able to hunt every weekend. If this is the wrong site for this please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated.

17-Sep-17

Drop Tine's Link
Cole Edwards of Spruce River Guide Service does well on cats on the northwest side of the state.

17-Sep-17
Hunting or trapping?

I've never heard of people hunting them. And if they don't with a bow that's get to be a bigger challenge than a bear.

18-Sep-17
good luck on your hunt,,,,, I should have a tag next year, I got 7 points,,,,,, been on some cat hunts, man with them dogs, that sure is fun......

18-Sep-17
ground hunter, I thought it took 10 points now for a cat? I have 7 points too and did not apply for a tag. I will be hunting them with dogs too when I get a tag.

18-Sep-17
I have 11 points and didn't draw. But I do go after the second season. I hear first season is easier to get.

18-Sep-17
I have 10 points also and no tag. I too put in for the second season.

18-Sep-17
First season is easier to get but is much harder to hunt then because snow is less common. I think it still takes about 11 years for second season. Maybe more. Several good hound groups in northern Rusk and Sawyer county. Pm me if you are interested

18-Sep-17
Hey, I finally got moved & just closed on the other house today. Also found my pin number to get back on here. I drew a Northern Zone Late season Bobcat tag this year with 13 points. I know someone that drew Southern Zone last year with 6 points. Hoot drew early season Northern zone this year with 10 I believe. Will have to wait till he gets back from Bear camp to find out.

12-Jan-18
I have a cat tag for second season this year, just curious if you were able to find anyone reliable? I'm struggling to fill my tag - getting nervous as it ends on the 31st! I clicked on Drop Tine's link for this Spruce River Guiding and the phone number listed doesn't go through when I called - I don't have Facebook - Drop Tine, do you know another way to reach them or can message them for me? Me and my lady friend would like to spend some time up north last week of January and maybe get this tag filled. PM me and I can give you my number or if anyone has any good contacts...stay warm!!

12-Jan-18
bewabow - sent you a PM

12-Jan-18
bewabow - Sent another PM

12-Jan-18
The guy I went with was a friend from Columbia County that has a friend up North. Both have hounds but neither guides.

12-Aug-21

hunter's embedded Photo
Spruce River Guide Service
hunter's embedded Photo
Spruce River Guide Service

hunter's Link
If you are looking to get ahold of Spruce River Guide Service for a guided bobcat hunt in Wisconsin here is the site. They have a 100% success rate with the guys I know who have used them. They will make sure you have a chance to fill a tag.

https://www.spruceriverguideservice.com/

12-Aug-21

hunter's Link
If you are looking to get ahold of Spruce River Guide Service for a guided bobcat hunt in Wisconsin here is the site. They have a 100% success rate with the guys I know who have used them. They will make sure you have a chance to fill a tag.

https://www.spruceriverguideservice.com/

13-Aug-21
Make sure to ask the question of your outfitter- “What is the percentage of cats that tree that you pursue?” Don’t ask how I know. Let’s just say in some areas they like to run and the dogs will catch them and aggressive dogs will make your harvest for you. It’s part of the game

14-Aug-21
Spearhead,

That is a very good question. As I hunted texas several times and one of them I was interested in a bobcat. We tried calling no luck. They had a predator control guy that would hunt with dogs. He said if they could actually get the cat treed long enough for me to get there before the dogs tore them apart we would go. Guess what never got the call.

14-Aug-21
Whacked about 8 Bobcats over the years .1 in WI the other 7 out west where some states allowed a Cat per day . That was when a big nicely colored male sold for 350 .

Called in 2 last year just for practice . They are not that hard to call in . You need 2 people , a shooter & a caller . About 50 yards apart . You must know roughly where the Bobcat is hiding . The shooter sits between the cats area & the caller .

Cats walk in from tree to bush to bush to tree . Very slow & carefully . You must let the other predators come & go . A few times I have had Yotes , foxes, Fisher's, & Birds come in before the cat shows up .

Again you must find where the Cat is holed up to greatly improve your success .

Almost forgot , the caller must be well hiden , they focus completely on the sound location .

14-Aug-21

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo
2 of the 3, that I shot, treed, the other one bayed up in a snow covered deadfall. Shot him when he was flushed out of there.

14-Aug-21

JG's embedded Photo
JG's embedded Photo
I was very lucky and got one with a bow in TX. We were hog hunting and a cat came in at 11 yards. Laid flat on ground on a slight hill over looking the feeder. My guess was he was waiting for a bird or squirrel.

I was in a ground blind. At the shot the cat took a massive jump like 10’ in the air and 10-15’ in distance. I lost sight of him in the ground blind window

The taxidermist told me it’s his only 2nd bow killed cat. Most jump the string.

One of my favorite all time trophies with a bow. 20lb. Guides said it was a big cat for the area

15-Aug-21

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
Got this cat with a guy near Bruce, but I don't think he's taking any hunters now.

15-Aug-21
That's a big kitty .

• Sitka Gear