archer756 19-Sep-17
ArrowOne 19-Sep-17
Droptine10 19-Sep-17
Ungie01201 20-Sep-17
SILVERADO 16-Oct-17
SILVERADO 16-Oct-17
Droptine10 16-Oct-17
18-Sep-17
The other day I picked up a couple of cheap stands from Dick's.I was planning on locking them to a couple spots.Its so much better not having to hang one in the dark. Anyhow, they are kinda crappy.Its almost like the cables are 3/4" too short. The platform won't go to 90° to the tree.It feels so weird standing in this stupid thing. Very limited foot space with the sharp cable angle. Years ago I used API's and loggy buyoo.Those stands were GREAT !!. They were not heavy, big square platform and cables that ran strait back. No cables the cut off half the usable foot space because they attached under the seat. My absolute favorite stand attached to the tree with a special nylon rope. I miss that stand, yup :-(

18-Sep-17
You get what you pay for with those stands. I have a couple of them too and they work okay but there is not much platform room.

I still have 2 loggy bayou climbers with the metal strap, not a cable. They have the Chinese handcuff rope like you mentioned. I have no complaints.

18-Sep-17
Droptine as a NYS Instructor I have to say to you if stands are not TMA approved just hope you have a great hospital health plan.

18-Sep-17
I have at least 40 of those cheap stands from Dicks. I swap out the bolts on them but other then that they last a long time. I have some that are 15 years old and still going. I also leave mine up all year. I change the cables after 4-5 years and I actual like them. I buy mine on sale buy one get one. I have paid as little as $40 for 2 of them. I have over 60 stands out in the woods so I stay with what is inexpensive and works. I never had the issue of cables being too short or even stuff rusting too bad. Shawn

18-Sep-17
Speaking of "Cheap", who remembers the "Cheap Seat" treestand by Loggy Bayou?? I still have a couple, they were aluminum and noisy unless ya filled them with spray foam but you could buy them for like $15-17 bucks!! Shawn

18-Sep-17
Once you get those short-cabled stands up 15...20 feet in the air it is tough to adjust the front cable bolts and screws...so they set flat. Hate a stand that is not set flat...but on crooked trees it can be a challenge. Extra ratchet straps are usually my answer.

18-Sep-17
Once you get those short-cabled stands up 15...20 feet in the air it is tough to adjust the front cable bolts and screws...so they set flat. Hate a stand that is not set flat...but on crooked trees it can be a challenge. Extra ratchet straps are usually my answer.

18-Sep-17
Sorry for the double post...not that big of a deal to waste so much cyberspace.

18-Sep-17
Archer756, I have BCBS and its not the best, but anyhow.... Of course the stands are TMA approved, I can't see a major sporting goods chain store looking for an extra lawsuit. Hey Shawn, I still have a cheap seat :) It comes in at a chunky 5lbs.If you have a boot size over 11 your feet are going to be hanging off.

19-Sep-17
Dicks was selling seats that where not TMA as well as other chain store its al about $$$$ Made in China!

19-Sep-17
I bought an $80 (on sale) Field and Stream stand from Dicki's about a month ago. It was pretty light and easy to hang Adjustable platform and comfortable seat. Overall for 80 bucks I thought a good value. Droptine last year I bought two Millenium stands and a bunch of the receiver brackets. The brackets are very sturdy and once they are up the stand just drops in. Easy to set up for multiple locations. I found set up in the dark to be pretty easy once the brackets are in place. If you do consider Millenium I'd go with M100 for mobility. I really like it. Quiet and super comfortable if you hunt dark to dark. I also got the M150 and I wish I had got a second M100 instead. The 150 is way too big and is cumbersome to hang. Good luck this season.

19-Sep-17
Thanks Arrowone, I will check those stands out.

20-Sep-17
I have a couple of them out... but I do replace them every few years. I have a couple Hawk and Muddy lock on's and they are far and away better stands. I generally pull those in the off season and rehang before season starts.

16-Oct-17
This is a great stand. Big enough, good price and good quality. I swap out the cables with galvanized steel chain and the nuts and bolts for galvanized bolts and washers. Tough op any paint scratches and the new hardware with some matte black spray paint and they last for many years in the woods, year round. I change ratchet straps every other year.

16-Oct-17

SILVERADO's Link

16-Oct-17
I will say the cheap field & stream are very solid and quite.

• Sitka Gear