RutnStrut 18-Sep-17
Tweed 18-Sep-17
RutnStrut 18-Sep-17
Pete-pec 18-Sep-17
dbl lung 18-Sep-17
Mike F 18-Sep-17
Pete-pec 18-Sep-17
18-Sep-17
The doe in this pic is less than ten yds. Head down, relaxed. The guy is shooting a new super fast bow. He took the shot and she piled up in sight.

With his setup, at that distance and angle, I don't think that was an unethical shot at all. What do you think?

18-Sep-17

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
The doe in this pic is less than ten yds. Head down, relaxed. The guy is shooting a new super fast bow. He took the shot and she piled up in sight.

With his setup, at that distance and angle, I don't think that was an unethical shot at all. What do you think?

18-Sep-17

18-Sep-17
Nope! Not with a bow.

18-Sep-17
I took a similar shot when I was young and a relatively new bow hunter. She too died in sight. Now I would not take that shot. Calm, relaxed and feeding, chances are she would eventually offer a better angle.

18-Sep-17
I would pass and wait for better quality opportunity.

18-Sep-17
Nope! About as bad an angle as you can get. Pushing your luck when those shots hit home.

18-Sep-17
I'll wait till she's broadside. Why risk it?

18-Sep-17

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo
Here's Wisconsin's first archery deer (by permit).

Was it an ethical shot?

18-Sep-17

RutnStrut's embedded Photo
One of 5 deer I have killed with this shot. It's deadly and they don't go far.
RutnStrut's embedded Photo
One of 5 deer I have killed with this shot. It's deadly and they don't go far.
Head down I will not take that shot. Head up, straight on, close range I will take the chest shot at a relaxed deer any day.

18-Sep-17
Nice entry wound. Was that take with a 2 blade, single bevel broadhead? Has that distinct "S" shape.

18-Sep-17
Actually it was the old 2 blade Rage. I had those and Magnus Snuffers in the quiver that day and just happened that I grabbed one of the Rage tipped arrows.

18-Sep-17
Personal choice and ethics comes into play for this shot. I personally will never take the shot. I will always wait for a better shot, or simply pass. That said, I will have many opportunities to harvest a doe, so she gets a pass. I also don't shoot does that have fawns within sight. That does not mean I haven't taken a momma, it just means I prefer not to.

18-Sep-17
If she is dead, who cares? It obviously worked out. I would not have taken the shot though??

For the guy who mentioned not shooting does with fawns.......Every doe with a nubbin gets killed on my property during late season. The nubbins having a chance grow and learn from the doe and they always stay in the area instead of moving 2 miles away. It's a buck management strategy that works very well. Just has not caught on yet because of people not wanting to orphan fawns.

18-Sep-17
dbl lung X2 - A great idea. You are not orphaning fawns if you shoot the adult at this time of the year.

18-Sep-17
LOL!

• Sitka Gear