Jeff in MN 19-Sep-17
Fivers 19-Sep-17
ARROWONEPY 20-Sep-17
Live2hunt 20-Sep-17
KC 20-Sep-17
keith 20-Sep-17
Nocturnal 20-Sep-17
18-Sep-17
Problem is on a 500 acre farm. North end has 2 major funneling areas. No access from north due to terrain & neighbors access. Cameras show majority of activities between 3:30 & 6:00 am With a flurry between 7:oo & 8:30.. Do you arrive at your stand at 2:30 am & sit for 4-6 hours or due go somewhere else? Looking for opinions.

18-Sep-17
My experience is that deer don't spook as much in the dark. I try to get in 30 minutes before sun up if I'm hunting a morning.

18-Sep-17
afternoon hunts until the pre-rut kicks in towards the end of October.

18-Sep-17
Get there an hour before light if your worried. Don't over think it. Pick the morning of the next cold front, if your wind is good for the stand go for it. Take your time, try and be quiet. You might bust a deer or 2, but that will prob happen even in the afternoon sits. Just don't over hunt it and yes hunt other stands often. The wind is the key

19-Sep-17
I sort of knew Myles Keller through a friend. I asked him one day what his best kept secret to his success was. He said He gets on stand in a bedding area around midnite and straps himself tight to the tree and sleeps till shooting time. Back then bows had to be cased and on the ground so he pulled it up with him when it got to be that time.

In your case I would be sure you have a good path to walk in on so you can be quiet and arrive on stand an hour before sunrise. Like Inmyelement said they are not as spooky in the dark.

19-Sep-17
Or wait until light so you don't bump any deer off the fields, I have a few stands that I started doing this on for the last few years and have had a lot more sightings.

20-Sep-17
just go in and use a flashlight to keep the noise down. they cant put a flashlight to a human. be in your stand half an hour early to keep the scent down also and dress when you get there

20-Sep-17
The only times I've had issues bumping deer out was with that crunchy snow during the rifle season that often happens. That's why I quit going in when it's dark. During the bow season it's normally quieter and not as counterproductive. Plus, during the rut, it can actually act as a call for the bucks.

20-Sep-17
Mornings are my preferred time to hunt. The deer are generally less spooky. I would get in 30 to 45 minutes before season starts. During the rut, we get our best big buck action from 9 to 10:30am.

20-Sep-17
"Cameras show majority of activities between 3:30 & 6:00 am With a flurry between 7:oo & 8:30.." I would arrive between 6 and 7 to be ready for the flurry.

20-Sep-17
I think fivers gave the best advice to the OP's question

• Sitka Gear