dean j 22-Jan-18
Red Godin 02-Feb-18
DeerDan 27-Feb-18
DeerDan 02-Mar-18
dean j 02-Mar-18
dean j 25-Mar-18
DeerDan 26-Mar-18
19-Sep-17
Saw lots of movement this morning and after passing on some smaller bucks and does with fawns this cool looking deer gave me an easy shot. Dropped in his tracks! Zone 1

20-Sep-17
Funny, I seem to remember this deer on RI Hunts as well! And again - Nice antlers Dan! I had a buck walk by on Saturday, but I could not get turned around for the shot. Saved for another day! Enjoy the rest of your season!

20-Sep-17
That's us! Thanks again and good luck this year.

21-Sep-17
Nice one Dan! I like the brow tines....how many points? I haven't got out yet as my stands are in zone 2 but will hit it hard in October.

21-Sep-17
Thanks Red! He has 8 points. Dying to take another look at him cause of temperature i wanted him in the cooler sooner then later. Only a week and a half away.

03-Oct-17
Well, now have a doe in the cooler. Took her on Sunday. Only went 20 yds! Little weird - very little blood with a complete pass through. Cavity was full of blood however. Did not hit lung so it must have been a major artery. Good Luck to all.

03-Oct-17
Congratulations Smitty! Who needs a blood trail when they drop in 20 yds. Nice shooting!

05-Oct-17
Oh, that part was nice. Have not had one drop so quickly before. Just seemed strange. I tied sticks to my does head, but could not get it to look like yours Dan! LOL

19-Oct-17
anyone seeing any thing with all this warm weather? Still dealing with kids' soccer schedules and haven't gotten out in the woods yet.

13-Nov-17

dean j's embedded Photo
dean j's embedded Photo
Had my first opportunity on saturday morning, got in my stand nice and early and got cold around 9 o'clock.Got down and poked around for a while then went and got a coffee and a donut to warm up.Drove about 5 miles to another stand, and was set up by 10.At 10:30 I see a spike walking up on my right.I have no shot as he walks by out to 25 yards, then he stops, looks around and takes a left turn that brings him right into my lane at 12 yards.I made a good shot, left lung and heartland watched him drop at 60 yards.Its been a slow year for me so this buck made me very happy!

14-Nov-17

19-Nov-17

dean j's embedded Photo
dean j's embedded Photo
Had a great day yesterday, started out in my stand and it was bright and cold.At 7;30 I look to the left and see a nice 8 pt heading my way.I stand and grab my bow but at 40 yards he turns and steps into some thicker stuff.He keeps walking by but gives me no shot,I try a grunt and bleat but all he does is stop then continue walking.Watched him walk away to the west.I had to get down and pick up and deliver a turkey but was back in my stand at 2;30,just at last light he comes in exactly as he did in the am except he turns and cuts to my right.At 15 yards I draw and stop him but he stops right in back of a small white pine branch.I continue to hold and he finally takes a couple more steps,I stop him again let it fly.Hit him a bit high and heard a crack,he ran like hell with the arrow in him and I thought I heard him crash.Got my buddy and found good blood, and the deer about 80 yards latter!

21-Nov-17
Congrats, what an awesome deer! What part of the state do you hunt?

22-Nov-17
Hey Cp,I mostly hunt the southern part of state,NK,Exeter,Richmond,Charlestown

22-Nov-17
I'm up in North Smithfield, I do most of my hunting in Burrillville and Scituate. Congrats again, beautiful deer.

24-Nov-17
Great deer Dean, is he going on the wall?

24-Nov-17
Thanks mrw,he's already at the taxidermist!https://youtu.be/8FojpO6DuAo Heres a video I took thanksgiving morning, no more buck tags!

24-Nov-17

dean j's Link

25-Nov-17
Nice video, beautiful deer. I hope you catch up with him next year

26-Nov-17
That's a beautiful 8 Dean and a great video to! Congratulations!

I'm also out of buck tags in RI kinda of stinks in a happy sort of way. I shot a doe last Sunday and an 8 point yesterday (not like yours) with muzzleloader so I'll be hunting in CT for the rest of the season.

29-Nov-17
I haven’t seen a shooter buck in Ri yet a small 4 point and 3 does that’s it been out 7 times over 60 hrs on stand real slow for me up in north west corner

01-Dec-17
Awesome video! I'm hunting N. Scituate and have seen a couple little bucks and bunch of does. Would love to run into one of the bucks I've had on camera. Taking my 9 year old daughter out Sunday for her second sit this year.

11-Dec-17
I have had a crazy busy year and just did my first sit this season....Hunting private land yesterday in foster and saw a herd of 12....5 little skippers, 4 nice doe and 3 bucks with decent racks. Then I saw a pair of doe, and a few lone doe at sunset. None closer than 75-100 yards but it was encouraging and totally motivating. Hoping to git me sum before January. I love having snow on the ground as it makes spotting from a distance easier. Good luck and congrats to all who scored so far.

11-Dec-17

DeerDan 's embedded Photo
RI muzzleloader
RI muzzleloader
Red- you still have plenty of time. I have seen lots of deer this year, I hunt alot and I have to say there's only been a handful of sits that I didn't see a deer. I can't tell you how many I've let walk by. I have 3 in the freezer and been hunting in CT for their muzzleloader season, and seeing lots of does but no bucks.

11-Dec-17

Got a cool pic of a Pheasant in CT Saturday.

16-Dec-17

Red Godin 's embedded Photo
Red Godin 's embedded Photo
Not a Trophy but a respectable 150 lb.ish Doe on my 5th sit....there were 2 lil skippers 3 decent does and the 2 bucks that stay in the rear. Got in the stand at 3pm, the herd came through starting at 4:15 but the boys were browsing and hung behind the gals so I decided to gave the biggest doe the shaft at just after 4:35pm needing to take a shot before 4:38. I am a meat hunter and need meat in the freezer, theres always another day. I started using one of those drag sleds last year and it really makes getting the deer out out of the woods, even over fallen trees and rocks so much easier even on bare ground but especially in snow. Then I use my aluminium ramps to get it in the back of the truck turning what use to be a struggle into a very easy process.

16-Dec-17
Way to go Red!Nice looking doe, gonna get some nice roasts out of her!

16-Dec-17
Congratulations Red! That's allot of pastrami. Nice shooting!

19-Dec-17
Well done

09-Jan-18

Been out the past two nights with no deer sightings but lots of tracks in the snow so I gave it a go this am. Saw 7 total 2 bucks and 5 doe, then half hour later small button buck came close enough for a shot. First deer of the new year.

10-Jan-18
Nice Dan! I've been out a few times, seeing lots of sign but not there when they are.What time of the morning were they moving?

10-Jan-18
Thanks Dean! I had action just after 9 am.

20-Jan-18

Had to work today but was able to sneak out a little early and was in the stand by 230. I set up near a big briar patch that i know they have been feeding on and had kicked up 2 on the way in. Thinking the afternoon was a bust but at 315 6 doe came right to the briar and started eating. Looked like 3 doe and 3 fawns, I waited till the biggest doe gave me a good shot and took it. Got a nice double lung pass through and she made about 80 yards.

It's been a great season (2 bucks 3 does) and already looking foward till next year. If your still hunting find briar. Belly was full of briar!

21-Jan-18
Nice job, Excellent Job!

22-Jan-18
Way to go Dan!Congats!

02-Feb-18
I got out 1/30/18 and 15 to 20 deer moved past 100 yards away and kept on going, then 5 of them came back within 20-25 yards. I took a button buck.....there were 3 fat doe's with that button and another lil skipper but a turbo pick em up went by screaming hard and spooked the big girls away. The 2 lil skippers hung out and it was 5:15 pm so I took the bigger of the 2 once it presented it's vitals. I went back 1/31 again but only saw a few animals a couple of hundred yards away but 2 in the freezer is still a decent season for me.

27-Feb-18

Finished this year's Freaky rack euro mount.

02-Mar-18

Added barbed wire.

02-Mar-18
I love it!Super cool

25-Mar-18

dean j's embedded Photo
dean j's embedded Photo
Got my buck back

26-Mar-18
Came out great! Nice buck