Ace 21-Sep-17
soapdish 21-Sep-17
shawnm 21-Sep-17
Ace 21-Sep-17
shawnm 22-Sep-17
19-Sep-17

shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
A couple months back I asked on the site if anyone had some old hunting clothes for a younger girl. I got a reply from Dave who said he could help. Today when I got home from work my wife said there's a box for you. I was kind of surprised as I was not expecting anything. When I opened the box I could not believe my eyes. The box was full of top quality hunting products for my daughter. From a beautiful backpack, a winter hat and an awesome head to toe outfit. I could not believe someone would take the time to do this for me and I could not believe the quanity and quality. Thank you soooo much dave. Your generosity has put a massive smile on mine and my daughters face. You are a true man. Thanks once again Dave and god bless you and your family!

19-Sep-17
Glad you guys could use it! Sorry it took so long. Best of luck.

19-Sep-17
You da man Dave!!!

Somehow I'm not surprised Dave would do something like that.

19-Sep-17
Class act Dave. Good Karma to you.

19-Sep-17
Good to see us helping each other out

19-Sep-17
That is pretty awesome. Well played. May a 16 pointer present itself to you broadside at 20 yards.

19-Sep-17
Good Stuff! Bowhunters helping out others, very cool.

Shawn, I'm not sure how old your kids are, but when they are 10 they can take the hunter safety classes (Firearm and or Bow). Let me know if I can help you find classes. We'll have those kids shooting and certified and shooting their own deer before you know it.

19-Sep-17
I love doing stuff like this. Items that are just sitting unused in my basement can go to the next generation of outdoorsmen and women. Over the years I have given away all kinds of archery and fishing gear, electronics and accessories, and even gave my buddies 14 year old son a 50 caliber inline muzzleloader because I had upgraded to a new one and his dad couldnt afford to buy him one. I wasn't using the other one anymore so why not. In fact while launching out of Old Saybrook this past Sunday I brought two surf fishing combos I had reconditioned and gave them to a nice family who were crabbing off the dock with their 10 and 13 year old sons. Their smiles were worth a million dollars to me.

19-Sep-17
CT's bravest at its best . Donates and delivers :) . Awesome stuff brother .Dave If you have any extra 10 ptrs I'd be happy to help you :)

20-Sep-17
Like SixLomaz says, the fraternity of "Orion brothers" is a tight one. Getting a kid in the woods is truly paying it forward. Nice work Dave.

20-Sep-17
Well done guys - that's awesome. Hopefully Shawn, you can have similar luck with your daughter that you had with your son!

20-Sep-17

bigbuckbob's embedded Photo
bigbuckbob's embedded Photo
Dave - I tip my hat to you!! Here's a pic of my now 9 year old grandson with some of my older clothing. Just gotta smile when I see kids enjoy the outdoors.

20-Sep-17
No blood stains on that camo BBB

20-Sep-17
Tall1 - It's not 16 years old, that's why. What a tough crowd!!

20-Sep-17
You gotta look close Tall 1..pbj, coffee,pablum, drool....lol

20-Sep-17
Good on you Dave!! May you be blessed with good fortune this season.

20-Sep-17
Ace are you sure about the the class being for ten year olds? I could of sworn that I read it somewhere and it was a minimum of age 12. Maybe someone on here knows?

20-Sep-17
Ace is a instructor, nice going Dave Jen wasn't going to us them anyway .Shawn I have my old deer cart if you can use it just let me know its yours if you want it .Steve

20-Sep-17
Are you kidding me Steve. I had bought a deer drag and it was a nightmare. Even though he wasn't a huge buck it was such a hard drag. Not having help and dragging yourself is a tough job for anyone. I bet he weighed between 130 and 140. Not a ton but heavy enough. We will have to make plans somehow as the shipping would prob cost a fortune. Looks like generosity runs in the family!!!! Wow I didn't know ace was an instructor? For what area??

20-Sep-17
The feeling of giving is just as good as shooting a big buck. Very classy guys!

20-Sep-17
Shawn, kids can take the class at 10, (both Firearms and Bow). They do have to be 12 to hunt though ( in CT, other states have different minimum ages). I mostly teach classes in the Western part of the state, but I can help you find a class anywhere.

By the way, there is no minimum age for Trapping.

21-Sep-17
Shawn I live in Norwalk but work in Shelton maybe we can get a little train and Get it up to you were do you live ? Steve

21-Sep-17

notme's Link
https://youtu.be/zh3LkItQn0E

21-Sep-17
Cool beans dave!

21-Sep-17

tobywon's Link
Nice going Dave, great gesture!! Shawn, my son is 11 and he just took the firearms class this weekend. As Ace said, once he turns 12 he can get his junior firearms hunting license. As a parent, I was a little nervous being that he was one of the younger ones in the class, but he had a great time, did well, and learned a lot. The instructors were fantastic and were really passionate about teaching it. I sat in on most of the course and I can tell you, it was a good refresher on some points since I took mine over 30 years ago. My son has hunted with me before and even took a turkey in PA this spring in the mentored youth program that they have. I pound gun safety into him constantly while at home or in the field and it was great to have others reinforce that as well. Any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

I attached the link to the DEEP firearms course. I checked this a couple of times a week and registered him for the one closest to home and one that was on the weekend.

21-Sep-17
Guys, the classes go up on the website 30 days before they start. Always check on a Thursday for classses that start 4 Saturdays out.

FYI,I teach a Firearms. class in July in Monroe if someone is looking to be certified for next fall.

21-Sep-17
Kids are little sponges and absorb so much. The kids are also invited to participate in mentored hunts by various clubs in the state. Such as waterfowl or pheasant hunts. Awesome for these clubs to provide this opportunity for them.

21-Sep-17
Great knowledge guys. Thanks a ton for all the info. Steve I live in groton so maybe we could figure something out. Ace if he takes the course at ten and passes it does he have to retake it when he turns 12 to get his license?

21-Sep-17
The class is good forever Shawn, take it once, (assuming of course that he passes, and he will) and that's it. It's also good for every state, and Canadian Province.

22-Sep-17
Thanks ace. I appreciate the great info.

• Sitka Gear