Will 20-Sep-17
BruceP 20-Sep-17
JJaimStraight 20-Sep-17
BruceP 20-Sep-17
mrw 20-Sep-17
JJaimStraight 21-Sep-17
badjuju 21-Sep-17
19-Sep-17
so im interested to what everyones eatin and drinkin in the stand. i drink water only and eat mostly unsalted and unflavored walnuts or an apple. I figured stuff theyre gonna eat they wond mind the scent of haha

19-Sep-17
Kit Kats and pumpkin donuts

19-Sep-17
Water, coffee, a sandwich,something sweet. lol Whatever it takes to keep me in the stand longer.

19-Sep-17
Anything you want but it may be a good idea to zip-lock . It can't be a natural smell if it's an Italian sub ...

19-Sep-17
Tuna fish and egg salad sandwiches....maybe that's why I don't see anything!

19-Sep-17
Chili,... the farts keep my suit warm,..

Going to reach back in time here but here is my serious answer,.. depends on the season. I recall BP seasons,.. they were brutle cold,.. I mean cold to the bone,.. cold I had not felt before,.. so something warm then,.. in a thermos,.. hot coffee or hot soup. Other than that,. what Fran said,. whatever keeps ya out there.

Not crunchy noisy food ,.. I used to think granola bar,.. but get the soft ones, not the noisy crunchy ones.

Coat it in vanilla whatever it is,.. :)

19-Sep-17
Pringles, lasagna, pizza, steak, cheeseburger, ice cream, bananas, smores, pancakes, ham sandwich, kool aid, fried chicken, stromboli, sugar peas, collard greens, grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, hershey bars, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti. For longer sits I take some trail mix.

19-Sep-17
Nuts, peanut butter crackers, granola bars, chocolate/candy bar. In a Ziploc bag cause it can be almost noiseless as opposed to the wrapper that most of those things come in. Water to drink. Would love coffee but I can't risk it. Might get things going that I don't want going while on stand...

19-Sep-17
Water and I have a large vitamin bottle with screw top lid that I fill with mixture of unsalted peanuts, raisins and a some m&ms.

19-Sep-17
Pb and honey (2: 1 for b'fast, 1 for lunch), apple (sliced, minimizes the crunch noise), trailmix, granola, maybe a candy bar after Halloween (sorry kids). Coffee, water. Everything in individual ziploc bags, even the candy or granola, don't want wrapper noise..

Honestly though, i usually only eat the pb and honey and apple unless it is an all day sit.

Agree on something sweet for all day. Also will grab whatever we have lying around; doughnut, fresh cookies, piece of tea cake, etc.

19-Sep-17
Pb&j for long sits, usuly some almonds or granola bars for afternoon sits. Keep the camelback full of water

19-Sep-17
I make a mix of walnuts, almonds, craisins and dark chocolate m&ms. I bring a thermos of hot tea with some raw honey in it. I bring two bottles of water. I had a buddy get heat stroke while tracking a deer with his cold weather hunting clothes on. Drink lots of water even if it's cold out. Enjoy, Let's Go

20-Sep-17
I usually order pizza this way when the pizza guy gets to my tree he has already put on a mini drive for me I usually let him walk around a bit before i grunt him in But really just cheese sticks and little candy bars bottled water

20-Sep-17
Avocado Ice Cream for me...Training my body to be more pliable to avoid injury from sitting in a treestand for 10 hours straight. On warm days where ice cream is not feasible, I go to PB&J's. What deer would not want to check out a PB scent?

20-Sep-17
water and an apple.. sometime a protein bar, but I try to take it out of wrapper prior and put in a baggie.

20-Sep-17
I still remember as a kid being on a deer drive with my grandfather. I can see him now coming over the hill yelling at me. " you have grape candy in your mouth i know it. If I Can smell it the deer can smell it"

20-Sep-17
I too am all about the PB&Js and trail mix on stand. I got a collapsable, rubbery waterbottle to put my trail mix in so I'm not crinkling a bag all day, plus it packs down real small when I've eaten all the goodies inside. Was thinking of switching from plain hot water or tea on cold days to hot cider this year--maybe the apple smell will work as an attractant?

20-Sep-17
hot cider now there is an ideal !

20-Sep-17
My wife sewed me a hunting suit made of Lays potato chip bags, which I wear because I don't want to hurt her feelings. Don't see too many deer.

20-Sep-17
My wife sewed me a hunting suit made of Lays potato chip bags, which I wear because I don't want to hurt her feelings. Don't see too many deer.

20-Sep-17
So, is having pizza delivery to my stand not a great idea? And what about the cooler of beers under my tree?

20-Sep-17
I've never done to much eating on stand... Not sure why. If I do, it's generally fruit (apples, banana's, pears, that sort of thing), maybe some cheese. Occasionally Ill take a protein bar or a sandwich, but that's rare. Last year late season I started bringing a thermos of green tea which made longer sits a bit nicer in the cold, have to admit that.

That said, I forgot the thermos in my pack, and found it last week prior to my first trip of the year to CT... that thermos is officially landfill material :) ha ha ha!

20-Sep-17
Jeb, not sure how I missed it before but I just saw your first post. I was working my way through it pretty well right up until I got to the stromboli, then I just lost it. LMAO

20-Sep-17
Keep in mind fellas... anything with high protein or too much fat will get your insides moving haha!! I was told apples and apple cider. Throw your cores about 20 yards out from your stand. Munch quietly

20-Sep-17
JJ, pretty sure apples and apple cider will get your insides moving...

20-Sep-17
"Throw your cores about 20 yards out from your stand."

Isn't that baiting? ;^)

21-Sep-17
A ton of people have told me apple juice makes them go but never happens with me. To each his own haha

21-Sep-17
Funny thing about the apple cores, I've seen them two, three, four weeks after I toss them and nobody's touched them.

One glass of apple juice and I'm peeing my brains out.

• Sitka Gear