Contributors to this thread:
travistroop 19-Sep-17
Oneeye 19-Sep-17
GF 19-Sep-17
grizzlyadam 20-Sep-17
19-Sep-17

travistroop's embedded Photo
travistroop's embedded Photo
So I went out tonight trying to find the perfect spot to be able to hunt the wind and I spent so much time trying to pick the tree I never looked up in the tree once I got set up in the stand there was a huge Widowmaker in the tree right above me while I was hunting in a tropical storm needless to say I'm a dumb s***

19-Sep-17
Don't be too tough. One time early morning in the dark I was bringing my climber to a spot I thought I knew well so I didn't flag tree previously. I got a bit disorientated so I started climbing what I thought was the tree and got a good 20 feet up and noticed mushrooms growing on the tree up high. I thought holy crap I'm on a dead tree! I climbed down and went to another tree. Once the sun rose I saw the tree was a totally dead tree and partially rotted on top. I just imagine having it snap in half when I was 25 ft up.

19-Sep-17
I did that, too... A goshawk landed in the top of it and it felt like my tree had been hit by a truck!

I can just imagine the damn thing starting to tip over, and realizing that I'm securely tied into that trainwreck....

20-Sep-17
I went up a tree once and while up there I noticed a large downed tree laying on the ground in front of me. I couldn't figure out where the stump was until I looked up and saw that it was the top half of the 30 foot tall stump I was sitting in. It came down from being loaded up with snow during that october snow storm.

• Sitka Gear