dhasshunts 20-Sep-17
AZBUGLER 22-Sep-17
Heat 22-Sep-17
cmbbulldog 23-Sep-17
Coyote 65 24-Sep-17
Coyote 65 26-Sep-17
BOWUNTR 26-Sep-17
20-Sep-17
Hunters, Long time reader, first time poster. Anyone have an update on the rut? I have a 6a tag that was given to me because of the Point Guard system. Where I hunted opening weekend the bulls were making more and more noise each day, but almost exclusively at night, and first thing in the morning. After about 6:30 they stopped. Any idea if this cold front and new moon will kick them into high gear? I look forward to getting back out there this weekend.

22-Sep-17
I haven’t been out at all yet :-( But I’ll be out this weekend. I heard the bulls were going crazy in 5bn and sounds like they were talking well in 7w as well this last week. A bunch of people I know killed this week.

22-Sep-17
Rut was indeed going off in 7W! Saturday morning was about as good as one can ask for where I was. I had to retrieve a stand from the ridge above my camp on Thursday after I got done and a bull I had heard off and on all hunt near camp that sounded like something out of a Godzilla movie was still bugling after 11 AM. Wish we would have seen him!

23-Sep-17
I didn't think it was as good as it usually is.... but the drop in temps this weekend should help. Still saw a few mature bulls hanging out by themselves not talking at all.

24-Sep-17
Driving home from the Fiddler Contest in Payson last night, saw a couple of groups of cows with no bull with them,

Terry

26-Sep-17
Just got off the phone with Steven Ward, Wards Outfitters and he is scouting for my upcoming hunt and is seeing lots of bulls with broken antlers.

Terry

26-Sep-17
Full rut action today in the multi unit... Ed F

• Sitka Gear