Pi 21-Sep-17
EBow10 21-Sep-17
Proline 21-Sep-17
Pi 21-Sep-17
BruceP 21-Sep-17
Jebediah 22-Sep-17
Pi 22-Sep-17
21-Sep-17
I have 2 harnesses that I would like to give away to anyone that needs one. They are the ones that come with a tree stand so they aren't anything special but they work. If anyone else has some that they don't use, please post it here. We shouldn't be leaving these around collecting dust when some people don't have one. Lets use this thread to get some out there and save some lives.

Please be very safe this year everyone. Always wear a harness, even when setting up a stand. You cant be too safe.

21-Sep-17
I have 2 or 3 extras as well if anyone needs one in the Tewksbury area.

21-Sep-17
Me two . Someone should figure out something creative that could be done with these things .

21-Sep-17
I have about 3-4 same ones the ones that come with some stands send PM on the northshore.

21-Sep-17
Me two . Someone should figure out something creative that could be done with these things .

Toss them in trash :-)

Seriously who uses them. Sad that they have to include them and we pay for it

21-Sep-17
How about a sleeper sling ? I made a sling from a seat belt contraption that allows me to harness myself tight to the tree for a little snooze before first light . I Lost it somewhere ... Nothing like waking up in a tree. These unused harnesses could be left in the tree and used for that with a little modification . Get in there a few hour's early and catch some snooze time.

21-Sep-17
I don't know Pi, I think I'm just gonna continue sleeping in my bed, or my Summit Viper of course...

I'm sorta with Pro on this one. These are included when you buy a stand. Who doesn't have one, or several?

22-Sep-17
I have wondered what it would take to convert one of these to a tree saddle. But that's probably not something you'd want to do a half-arsed job of.

22-Sep-17
The Viper snooze ! My idea is best for those fixed stands , where you want something to lean into and there is nothing there. What a rush waking up in a tree.

I love having a short nap instead of getting out of the woods or before the woods wakes up . Maybe I have missed a few wandering deer but I am sure I missed more by leaving. I gave a tent to a friend so he could go in the night before . But it is scary in the middle of the woods and he couldn't sleep , raccoons and all. But he saw deer that morning and then fell asleep on stand .

A friend ,war vet, said he got very good at sleeping in trees . They would tie themselves in . I will certainly do it a few times this season. But being tight to the tree is the key IMO.

I like the tree saddle idea but I would also use a conventional harness for a back up safty. Anything to get the weight off your feet in a free climb hunting attempt.

The Trash is good too , but not as.

• Sitka Gear