bowandspear 30-Sep-17
GED 30-Sep-17
stillhunter 30-Sep-17
bowandspear 30-Sep-17
Moons22 30-Sep-17
Bowhunt3138 30-Sep-17
mrw 30-Sep-17
21-Sep-17
I know it's still 9 days away but I've been thinking about it for a little while so I'll get it started.

I'll be out with my daughter (16) settled in before first light. Pulled a memory card yesterday and have deer 6 mornings in a row within 20 yards of a tree where I have a ladder and a hang-on. She'll be using the slug gun, but now I really wish I had her set up with a bow. Maybe next year. Hopefully she doesn't get to hunt in the afternoon because she'll be too busy skinning/cutting/grinding/wrapping.

Anyone else planning to get out?

21-Sep-17
Yah BruceP I am so stoked to be out youth day for the first time with my 16 year old son. He will be with hunting with bow. You beat me to it as I was going to put a post up later today to see who was heading out. I am really excited to finally share this season with him. Aamazing kid, he has always been in the woods and water with me since he before he could walk. He took his Bow Hunter course in 2014 and Mass Hunter ed course in 2015 and although he loves shooting and attracted to all the woodsmanship that comes with hunting, he was still not ready "spiritually" to harvest a deer last season. There is no rushing these things, everyone goes at their own pace. To say that I am excited this year, that he wants to go forward and share the actual hunting part with me has me exstatic. He did the work scouting with me this year and setting up the 2 man ladder stand so I can be with him as long as he wants me there. I thought last year was a Thankful Season for me due to some successful harvests, but this year takes on a whole new meaning of being Thankful to have him out with me. Good luck to you and your daughter and all who get to hunt with their kids this year ! Cheers

21-Sep-17
A few years from now I hope to be hunting with my new addition to the family . Our 13 year old Step- Step child is already a crack shot and been practicing mock hunts with me . So Maybe next year .

Good luck to you and her . Also to you Bruce. Best of luck.

21-Sep-17
Good luck guys!! I remember going out for my first hunt during the 2008 youth weekend in NH. I was 12 years old. My father still talks about it to this day. We video taped it and everything. No harvests but saw some deer and a bear. Really hope you guys have some action. They'll be hooked for life!

26-Sep-17
Well, thankfully the forecast for Saturday in my pocket of Z11 Southcoast is now low 41 high 63 with intermittent clouds. Nice temp break coming off this heat wave n time for the kids to hopefully see some action. Fingers Crossed

29-Sep-17
Some rain for youth day, dont get discaraged ive seen alot of deer move in light rain. Real good asfare as not getting winded. A big old evergreen makes a nice umbrella

29-Sep-17
And this temp drop has me so excited to get in there with my son! Good luck to you all!

30-Sep-17
Good luck. I'm on Dadzilla Duty w both kiddos so no youth hunt this year but will be ready for the fall harvest. Cheers

30-Sep-17
Go Teddy O!!! Good to see you buddy!

30-Sep-17
Would have been a great morning to be in the woods. Unfortunately , my daughter sort of lost interest. Waiting not-so-patiently for the 16th...

30-Sep-17
I've been texting with a buddy. The "A" spot they wanted in Z5 was already taken when they arrived, so they hit another spot. Bumped a deer heading in, then saw nothing.

30-Sep-17
Bruce, I have tried everything with my kids to enjoy hunting like I do but at the end of the Day for them they found it boring. I guess it is not for everyone. Keep trying buddy! One thing that my daughter did like is when I would take her out spring Turkey hunting and call gobblers to us. She took some beautiful shots! With her CAMERA. Try Turkey hunting in the spring with her. Little more exciting for them

30-Sep-17

bowandspear's embedded Photo
bowandspear's embedded Photo
Super fun morning with my son Sam in my #1 spot in Z11, but no deer moving. Light rain going in before sunrise tapered off quickly, hard to actually here anything moving over the noise of raining acorns and hickory nuts. He got to experience the woods waking up and those spiteful noisy red squirrels. Sure feels like fall now, cannot wait for the 16th.

30-Sep-17
She did ask if there was still time this year to go surfcasting so I'll try to get one more trip to the beach in.

B&S, hope he keeps with it. Does he dive with you too?

30-Sep-17
How did Sam like it?

30-Sep-17
Sam loved it MRW, slow action so when he got bored time to go fir breakfast :) And yes Bruce P he does dive, not as much as we do but he has been spearfishing since he was about 9.

30-Sep-17

GED's embedded Photo
GED's embedded Photo
GED's embedded Photo
GED's embedded Photo
Brought the same youth out again this season on public land. Same result.

30-Sep-17
very nice

30-Sep-17
GED that is awesome, congrats team GED !

30-Sep-17
Nice!!!

30-Sep-17
Very cool!! Congratulations

30-Sep-17
Awesome GED, for both of you! Why don't you start a meat pole thread with that one? It is time!!! And I don't know about everyone else (well, actually I do) how about the tale of the hunt?

• Sitka Gear