Contributors to this thread:
Jmill 21-Sep-17
Moons22 22-Sep-17
Moons22 22-Sep-17
spike78 22-Sep-17
bigbuckbob 22-Sep-17
Buckiller 22-Sep-17
21-Sep-17
I'm not proud of it, but I enjoy a wad of tobacco in my lip when I'm hunting. ( and not hunting) I've had a dip in every deer I've ever shot. Bow and firearm. I've researched the effect of the smell of dip spit on deer habits and have come up with some cons and pros (believe it or not, some guys swear it attracts deer). My question is... do any of you guys have experience with this, or heard of any stories for/against chewing in the field?

22-Sep-17
not proud of it either, but every deer i've killed i've had a dip in too...

22-Sep-17
i did get busted this afternoon by a few does. came in directly down wind. had a dip going, and my thermacell. Not sure if they smelt the dip, the themacell, or just myself. I try to take scent free precautions (shower, spray, laundry detergent, ect). I really don't think chew has much to do with it. Chew straight or wintergreen.... Most natural smells :)

22-Sep-17
I wouldn't worry about the smell of dip, I would worry more about the motions and movements of your hands and head when opening the tin and when spitting it out.

22-Sep-17
I'd worry more about lip, mouth and throat cancer and the hell with deer spotting you. No offense intended to those of you that use it, but I find it a disgusting habit. I have 2 nephews that do it and I don't allow them to indulge at my house. I tell them I care about their health and they need to hear that's it's a terrible thing to do. Sorry!

22-Sep-17
I agree with Bob. I wish you well with your health in being able to let go of this habit. Blessings.

• Sitka Gear