sitO 22-Sep-17
lk2bowhnt 22-Sep-17
Matt Palmquist 22-Sep-17
Ben 22-Sep-17
Ben 22-Sep-17
ks chas 23-Sep-17
keepemsharp 23-Sep-17
21-Sep-17
I just got a new spotting scope. Its 20x60 x80 so its large. The window mount that I bought cant handle the scope. So I'm wondering what kind of window mounts you guy might use or recommend .

21-Sep-17
Dunno about the rest of you, but I know Kyle and I use sand bags on our pickup windows, smaller than we use when sighting in at the range. Wait, you mean to hold a spotting scope steady out the window? Never mind!!! :-)

21-Sep-17
I just use a cheap $20 metal window mount from Cabelas

22-Sep-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
I had the Cabela's, but switched to this Vanguard a couple years ago. It has three adjustments, and is heavy duty/metal. I can't remember what I paid for it but it should hold any scope...your window, now that's a different story ;?)

Using it this morning as a matter of fact.

22-Sep-17
So you guys are hunting out of youre trucks ?

22-Sep-17
C'mon Plad

22-Sep-17
Thanks Kyle. As much as you use yours I figured you should know so I got one ordered. I really like this Vortex scope. In fact I like it so well I think I'm going to sell one or maybe both pairs of my Swarovski bino's.

22-Sep-17
Good deal Charlie! It has a quick release "tab", so you could even get another of those tabs/plates for a camera or bino's too. I think you'll like it.

22-Sep-17
just kidden sit

22-Sep-17
I bought a Bogen 3130 tripod head and use the manfrotto/bogen window mount that you have to screw the head onto. It is a fluid head and any other fluid head will work. It is heavy, but smooth and you can lock it down tight if you don't want it to move.

Matt

22-Sep-17
Charlie, I made one that clamps to the window in my truck from a head on a camera tripod. They can be picked up cheap at thrift stores.

22-Sep-17
My camera fits on the same clamp.

23-Sep-17
Ben I thought about doing that . I have a camera tripod. But I found the one that Kyle told me about for $30 so I decided rather than messing with converting it I would just get one for the window and I would have both. I bought a window mount when I got the scope. This scope 20-60X80 so its large. The mount I got at Cabela's just would not hold it in place.

23-Sep-17
Chas: if you would just drill a couple holes in your window it might be able to hold one to watch the next eclipse. Surely that Toy will last that long.

• Sitka Gear