onepin 22-Sep-17
stillhunter 22-Sep-17
Belchertown Bowman 22-Sep-17
onepin 22-Sep-17
Will 22-Sep-17
stillhunter 22-Sep-17
22-Sep-17

Belchertown Bowman's Link
So I will be experimenting with my latest crazy hunting project straight from the "Chipmunk/Skunk Works Lab" The parts are due to arrive in a few days.

I ordered a fan for my bow,.. a paper folding fan like the girls use to fan themselves on hot days back in the old times,.. it collapses into a really thin thing,.. you know what i am talking about. Check the link,..

No mind you guys this is just a wild ideal that may fall flat on its face but here is what I am planning,.. it is a Bow Shield or a Draw Shield.

Once the fan arrives,.. camo paint,.. then I am going to zip tie one arm of the fan onto the draw arm side of my bow,.. once in place in the field I will expand the fan out and down attaching it to the bottom part of the bow arm ,.. so it makes a half moon shield hiding my bow arm draw movement. When I am not using it I just fold it back up into place,.. I might have to scotchgard it or something to keep the water out of it?

It is my prediction that I will be able to draw my bow while a deer is looking right at me,.. should weigh nothing,.. and will be awesome on a ground hunt,.. Well this is my dream anyways,..

At the very least I bet we will all get a chuckle outta my attempts to "Raise Shields" on my bow,.. Kirk would be proud.

I will post photos as the project gets underway,..

This is one of those things I should patent,.. its those stupid ideals that are worth a million.

"He who tries and fails the most,.. is most likely, to eventually succeed!",.. BB

Enjoys the laughs guys,..

22-Sep-17
did that trick it works ok but even better to attach a second one on to the moving arm. So open the first one that is on an angle pointing to about ten oclock (above you sight pins) to a half moon upright and down to 4 oclock then the other one is attached to the end of first and can open up upside down to about 9 oclock. Similar to the turkey fan mts that Cabelas has Try it out rick

22-Sep-17
Ya turkey fan beat you to it.

22-Sep-17
Is a turkey fan collapsible? or is that the name of a User on this site who beat me to the ideal? I do not want to be having a turkey fan attached to my bow while going through the woods unless it can pancake/fold down to a very small profile and be expanded as needed.

OnePin,.. can ya post a photo so I can learn from ya, in particular how it attaches to your bow. I am thinking zip ties?

22-Sep-17
no longer have it on as it lasted two years only and never bothered to put new ones on. But I used a small flat angle bracket like a letter "L" for a mount. the screw hole on one end was perfect when screwed onto my stabilizer mount. then small zip ties to the fan frame. Probably should try it again this year was out last year with shoulder issues.

22-Sep-17

Will's Link
BB - check the video. I think this is the sort of thing the guys are talking about.

22-Sep-17
Most of what ive seen is like an umbrella with a hole in it. Most look like turkeys, thou ive never wanted to hide behind a game animal personally i guess i understand the idea. For me the problem is that it takes my vertical figure and makes it wider or round. If you look out into the woods its 90 present vertical all the trees and vegitation grow up, our eyes are drawn to the horizontal thats how we spot deer and other animals their horizontal in a world of vertical. Id rather stand thier straight up holding my vertical bow, then turn myself into a circle or half moon. Thou i applode your efforts and clear abundance of time on hand

• Sitka Gear