Forest bows 23-Sep-17
Westksbowhunter 23-Sep-17
KanBowHunter 23-Sep-17
sitO 23-Sep-17
Griever 10-Oct-17
22-Sep-17

Griever's embedded Photo
Griever's embedded Photo
So I've got access to 20 acres to hunt and I'm wanting some advice on how I should hunt it. A few weeks back I set out a feeder and cameras and I'm getting a lot of doe hanging out so far.

I'm wondering about this year and next. I've been hunting public land and where I'm at I'm covered in doe, so this year I'm thinking of just continuing to hunt that for the doe and leave the private alone until rut.

The owner of the 20 doesn't mind a food plot so I'm thinking about that for next year but I wanted to know what everyone's though on that over a feeder is. Is it worth the work or is the convenience of the feeder all I need?

22-Sep-17
For best results in holding deer to a specific property, I believe research in KS has shown you need to average 1 feeder for every 5 acres.

22-Sep-17
Keep the does happy, stay out until the rut, hunt very smart with entrance and exits being #1 priority. Do not overhunt or hunt with the wrong conditions. Educate the does, game over. (doubledrop)

22-Sep-17
I heard 2 1/2 but Frank is an expert..:)

22-Sep-17
You need to consult with SitO.

22-Sep-17
Must...not...touch...keyboard...

23-Sep-17
Cant say that i see a difference.

23-Sep-17
Lol Kyle

23-Sep-17
Steve, That study was flawed. It was paid for by the Corn Producers Association.

The one I referenced was from KDWPT's hunter surveys, and sampling of expert supplemental feeders like Mr. Adams.

;) Obviously!

23-Sep-17
I would be more concerned with "recovery" if I was confined to 20 acres. Of course a double lung hit deer may just run a circle right back to the feeder if trained correctly, right sitO?

23-Sep-17
Griever, If you are looking for stand locations if you can provide an areal photo that would help. I would focus on pinch points for cruising bucks.

23-Sep-17
You been day drinkin again Plad?

10-Oct-17

Griever's embedded Photo
Griever's embedded Photo
Griever's embedded Photo
Griever's embedded Photo
I had this guy show up for me several times now. I was able to nab a doe on public land so I didn't disturb this area at all. I'm about to leave on vacation and won't get back until the 28th. Hopefully he's still roaming and sticking around all the doe showing up there.

• Sitka Gear