BruceP 25-Sep-17
Bigbuckbob 25-Sep-17
SILVERADO 25-Sep-17
notme 25-Sep-17
Paul 26-Sep-17
bigbuckbob 26-Sep-17
fingers 26-Sep-17
22-Sep-17
I know,....this doesn't sound like it's about bow hunting, but believe me it is. My wife and I are celebrating our 42 anniversary on Oct 18th. That's right! It's the same Saturday as opening day for upland game season. It's the same general timeframe as the one I use to get ready for the rut. When I would normally start heading out to do some still hunting/scouting.

So, every year I now go somewhere to celebrate. Tomorrow we leave for Kennebunkport Maine, to a B&B. But the thrills don't end there. I get to shop all weekend, right through Monday, for knick knacks, candles, perfume, calendars, flavored olive oil.....sorry, I can't go on, getting too excited and I don't want to make a mess in my pants. So while you guys are out there chasing tail, I'll be dragging my tail from shop to shop. Enjoy!

22-Sep-17
I was smarter I got married Feb. 17 after the season that was the deal .LOL

22-Sep-17
"Don't get married in the Fall"

Duh. LOL....

And always wear a Rain Coat in February.

22-Sep-17
Thanks for reminding me..i have a dr's appointment wed oct 18...

22-Sep-17
If you are celebrating tomorrow, doesn't that free you up for October?? Married in June, had kids in February and March....priorities Bob!!! Happy Anniversary to you both

22-Sep-17
I understand Bob. I got married Oct 14, 17 years ago. That was prior to the MA season expanding to an earlier start - which is generally the Monday AFTER my anniversary. So, I give myself a pass since at the time I didnt hunt CT. HA!

Then again, you needed to train her up... My wife took up hunting, and until we had kids, our anniversary weekend often included scouting, hanging stands, checking cams and even hunting CT :)

Nothing more romantic than texting from tree to tree following along on each other's hunt...

22-Sep-17
no vacations in the fall or marriages.....I have actually got in arguments over this...its like once you say it they want it that much more.....fall vacation...make it a girls vacation cuz Im not going..lol

her b day is OCT 28th....I can't change that

22-Sep-17
Yup I agree. I got married in June. No way was I doin a fall wedding. Her birthday is sept 21 so she can have that. Lol.

22-Sep-17
Ha im double whammied. Anniversary October 26th and baby due Oct 3.

22-Sep-17
Bob, Good news, Small Game opens Sat 10/21/17.

By the way, you could have stopped your post after the first 3 words in the title.

22-Sep-17
Yup, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free...sorta..still gotta shove a cheeseburger down their throats once in awhile...lol

22-Sep-17
"Thanks for reminding me..i have a dr's appointment wed oct 18... "

Hey bud if'n you're feelin the Bern, a shot of penicillin can fix you right up.

22-Sep-17

notme's Link
https://youtu.be/Bjywd6ZTMUQ

22-Sep-17
Holy crap! Thanks for the heads-up, Ace.... Didn't occur to me that small stuff doesn't start same date as deer....

22-Sep-17
Didn't take long. Good one Ace. Stop at the first three words. Love it!

22-Sep-17
42 years. Congrats. Remember to stop at kittery trading posts while your there. Eases the pain

22-Sep-17
BBB I got married in Oct 19th. Hell I even shot a pheasant the morning of!

22-Sep-17
Wife's B-Day September 13th , Wedding Anniversary September 26th and 2nd kid's B-day November 4th . Not so bad but work kills me with mandatory inventory 2nd week of October so I don't get much time to get out until its to late to pin them deer down . I generally rely on hitting all the places that paid off in the past when I can find time to get out .

23-Sep-17
My 25th is next week. "Silver Anniversary".... I'm thinking she might like a pack of new Slick Tricks? If I could do it all over again I would have gotten married on Feb 14th so I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone

24-Sep-17
I planned ahead-got married on May 19th. Congrats on the anniversary and the new arrival Dave!

25-Sep-17
"If I could do it all over again I would have gotten married on Feb 14th so I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone"

But it also doubles the pressure to have it all planned ahead so you don't wake up the day before and realize you don't have a dinner reservation, and every decent place in town is booked solid.

Ask me how I know.... I'm about 5 for 19 right now. Good news is that it looks like I'll get a shot at it for #20.

Hmmm... Better start thinking about that one today!

25-Sep-17
Congrats on 42 years!

Anniversary Oct 14 and sons birthday Oct 13. But it all works out fine. Traveling to her brothers house for Thanksgiving this year. But he lives in KY :-)

25-Sep-17
Just got back from Kennebunkport, had a great weekend. Went out surfcasting at dawn, what a beautiful morning watching the sunrise at Parsons beach. Didn't catch anything, but it hasn't been 16 yes yet so I wasn't due. Leave for Tuscany Oct 14.

25-Sep-17
Thanks Mike, any day now I'll keep you guys posted.

25-Sep-17
Congrats dave.!!!a little s10...lol

Daaaaaamn bbb...

26-Sep-17
19 years today for me she still tells me to go when I want to .

26-Sep-17
Paul, but where is she telling you to go?? To He _ _?

That's a good woman, but it also tells me that you share your time with her/family as well, so she's returning the favor to you. My wife is the same way, but she just wishes I didn't hunt alone.

26-Sep-17
You guys should have known better . Lol That's why I got married in July .

• Sitka Gear