Bowhunt3138 22-Sep-17
arch2112 23-Sep-17
hunterma 23-Sep-17
GED 24-Sep-17
Pi 24-Sep-17
22-Sep-17

archery12's embedded Photo
archery12's embedded Photo
I have had this doe on camera for three years now and have seen her in the woods multiple times but never got a shot. Deer like this seem relatively rare? I am torn between attempting a shot at this beauty or just letting one of nature's interesting creations go What would you guys do?

22-Sep-17
Bad karma to shoot a piebald !!!

22-Sep-17
At one point there was a story that if you shot one of those you'd never shoot another deer. But none of us is superstitious, though, right?

22-Sep-17
If there are several piebalds around then make a rug out of her. Her bad luck.

If you don't want the skin for a mount or rug then enjoy the odd girl as she is .

I have a giant piebald buck around and will drop him on first encounter. No question .

Life is life and it is all the same . It's your choice.

22-Sep-17
I know it's bad karma to shoot a piebald but put I would temp fate if it was a giant buck! lol.

22-Sep-17
I believe in grilled backstraps more than karma. Beautiful animal but I'd still shoot it.

Edit: In the scenario in the picture I wouldn't shoot her, I'd take one of the others. But if she were the only choice I'd let it fly.

22-Sep-17
Let her pass those genes on

22-Sep-17
Actually a mutation of bad genes.............that said.................I wouldn't shoot it. My buddy as a decent piebald buck with a nice rack on him on his cams now.

22-Sep-17
I've saw two piebalds last year. Both bucks. One is a spike, the other a nice 8. Shoot them only if you want. I have no issue with it. I saw the 8 when he was a spike a few years ago and let him pass for the first two years. Now that he's an 8 I'll take a crack at him if he passes by my stand.

22-Sep-17
I'd make a full body mount out of a piebald.

22-Sep-17
I thought bad juju was only for true albinos? Piebald would be on the menu. Do you want your woods full of bad karma deer you are afraid to shoot? Take one for the team (wink)

22-Sep-17
Shoot em up !!! Bad luck is crap . You make your own luck. When my son was a teenager the first two deer he shot were piebald doe. The next year he shot a buck. I wouldn't pass on such a unique animal.

23-Sep-17

arch2112's Link
I passed on him several times. Haven't seen him on a trail cam yet so who knows if he made it through last season. If he was bigger I would have taken the shot. But I doubt he would have gotten that close if he was older.

23-Sep-17
They are an inferior strain of deer, shoot em and eat em and improve the gene pool.

24-Sep-17
100% would shoot that first opportunity. In fact, I would rather shoot a piebald doe than a buck

24-Sep-17
But, she is still a little thing or so it looks in the photo. I think because of the size, I would wait a year . Then , make a nice rug .

• Sitka Gear