22-Sep-17

Ph1pps's Link
Just FYI

22-Sep-17
Oh boy....

22-Sep-17
my thoughts exactly....

22-Sep-17
The first thought that goes through many of our heads, is the ease in which a poacher will take advantage of this. Instead of worrying about the criminal, who I may add, never plays by any rules anyway, think about the ease for the hunter who follows the rules, that I will add, is the vast majority of the people out there harvesting game animals.

I had a conversation with a friend today, and we just assume because of the latest home paper printout, that the DNR must believe it was already too easy to cheat, and cheaters are going to cheat, no matter what. Did it get even easier? You bet!

22-Sep-17
I will be honest. With todays technology, once a LE know who you are they "have" all the other information they need. And now a days they can access it easily. So there is no reason they you or I need to carry anything but our ID.

22-Sep-17
If people want to conceal carry without permit (I have 0 opinion about) I don't see this being a big deal. Trust the people and the law brakes will get caught.

22-Sep-17
Great news!!

22-Sep-17
Ok so I read it,,,,, so when I show my Go Wild Card, the warden can then check all the doe tags, that I am authorized to use, in various counties? So all I have to do, is call in for registration, and I am set,,,, is this correct?

23-Sep-17
Great news and long over due, should be noted your deer still have to be registered electronically, by 5:00 PM the day after the kill. While many will cry foul, and the conservation congress process was not used this is a change that should have happened years ago. Remember the poacher will always poach, and this change will have no effect on the way the lawless will act.

23-Sep-17
"While many will cry foul, and the conservation congress process was not used this is a change that should have happened years ago."

Interesting how good things happen when the conservation congress process is not used, hopefully the correct people have been taking notice of that.

I believe a pdf file of your license downloaded on your smart phone also meets the requirements of what is sufficient to display to a warden if asked, which would be very convenient if true. I'd prefer to not carry my driver's license through the woods and swamps with me and I do not wish to donate to the dnr (who I feel wastes enough money as it is) by purchasing a gowild card, leaving an electronic file on my phone an excellent option.

With all these great changes in the past year or so I can't help but wonder what outdated and ridiculous "tradition" will be crushed next, only time will tell. It's like the fun is being put back into deer hunting. Go Wisconsin!

23-Sep-17
This law does not create more poachers, it simply makes it easier for the law abiding person.

24-Sep-17
Razorhead, I bought my license on line and printed out etc. I've never seen how or where to apply for a go wild card. Can you say where to get one?

Not trying to hijack. Thanks, Bill

24-Sep-17
I bought mine at the dnr center, she asked me if I wanted the card, and I said yes,,,, it cost 3.00 but now every year all I have to do, is renew....... Fleet Farm also offers them

24-Sep-17
I'm so confused, one thing I read said that we still need our original paper or reprints of carcass tags on hand... But no longer need to fill out tag/attach tag/validate tag. Just register as previous years. Can someone clarify this for me? I do a lot of suburban meat harvesting, and would like to not have so many (3 counties/public/private) paper tags in my bag. Not that it's a space issue, just become a crumbled/bloody mess of tags by end of January. To validate one you're hands hit em all. IMO So much easier to just go to the gowild dashboard on the ride home and register. Screen shot the confirmation number and be done.

24-Sep-17
From the DNR press release linked above-

"While hunting, customers will still be required to carry proof they are authorized to hunt within the designated location. Hunters will be able to use their DNR issued Conservation Card, a GoWild validated WI driver's license, a GoWild digital file or a paper tag/authorization as proof of compliance."

I think this answers your question.

I like this change, but their timing rolling this out at the beginning of the season is unfortunate.

25-Sep-17

northbound's embedded Photo
northbound's embedded Photo
This is where I'm getting confused.... click link above, then, the go wild link, then learn about forms of proof.. the way I read it you still need to carry the carcass tags/federal stamps.

25-Sep-17
I was told yesterday, fishing walleye on Green Bay, at the parking lot, that my go wild card, was not good to carry, to show proof, I have a CP license,,,,,, so I said, so why do you sell it?

I thought the idea was to make it all more simpler..........

25-Sep-17
Razor, I thought that only applied to people fishing the Great Lakes. I was on GB yesterday also, wow, what a hot one!

25-Sep-17
Mike it was brutal, but I was asked to run the boat, follow all their lines, etc,,,,, what a good guy I am,,,,,, we got 15 sheepshead, and one walleye,,,,, 930am to 430pm.... hot, we had the canopy up, towels soaked in ice water on our heads, but we kept at it,,,, ha ha,,,,,,,,,,

going to call the dnr today,,,,, I do not think they are all on the same page, as I know you have to carry paper on federal waters,,,,,,, anyway no big deal, no tickets or anything

25-Sep-17
They require hard copies when hunting or fishing boarder or federal waters. Other agencies don't have the scanning capabilities.

• Sitka Gear