soapdish 22-Sep-17
DaveA 22-Sep-17
>>---CTCrow---> 22-Sep-17
steve 23-Sep-17
notme 23-Sep-17
>>---CTCrow---> 23-Sep-17
N8tureBoy 23-Sep-17
22-Sep-17
No not me and not hunting. My stupid dog got a taste of south end juice from a north walking skunk.

Any good tips to remove the smell?

22-Sep-17
There's one on line with peroxide you can look up. Keep out of the eyes and leave it on for I believe 5-10 min. Good luck. My Aussie got sprayed earlier in the summer. Thank goodness I was at work lol. It'll stink for awhile. Keep the dog away from furniture etc....the oil will transfer (happened to my neighbor).

22-Sep-17
Hi Crow, there's a recipe online that we used when our lab got sprayed that works very well. Mix 1/4 cup baking soda, 1-2 teaspoons of dishwashing liquid (we used Dawn), and 1 quart of Hydrogen Peroxide. Apply immediately after you mix it, avoiding the eyes, let sit for 5-10 minutes and thoroughly rinse. It works wonders, but some faint smell remained. Good luck!

22-Sep-17
Thanks guys. Son was able to de de-skunk and got almost all of it with 2 applications. He'll get anotherone tomorrow.

23-Sep-17
Get rid of the dog only kiding tomato juice and peroxide

23-Sep-17
Save the liquid from the tomato peroxide solution,add some gelitan..mix until a creamy consistency then bottle...itll make a great body lotion for mrs crow....lol..tell her the kids thought of it

23-Sep-17
Lmao

23-Sep-17
Crow - I have used a product called Skunk Klean with very good results. (Not a typo. Product spelled that way). Worked great but anytime the dog got wet for the next couple months I could still smell a faint reminder.

• Sitka Gear