MN_Bow_Hunter_1980 27-Feb-18
MN_Bow_Hunter_1980 28-Feb-18
NewBow 14-Dec-18
Bonecollector 18-Sep-20
Mnhunter1980 18-Sep-20
Topper 09-Dec-20
5Point 15-Dec-20
23-Sep-17
I am new to hunting with bow in the twin cities was looking for some help to find deer and learn better hunting spots any help would be great

25-Sep-17
Hi Kindred, welcome aboard. Sorry I can't help, as I've never hunted around the Cities. There are Wildlife Management Areas close by. Also the Metro Resource …don't know rest of the name. Maybe you could check out bow shops, archery organizations and such for information. Minn. Bowhunters Inc. may have some info that would help also.

26-Sep-17
There is a public land map for the cities area that will show the areas you can hunt but prepare to see lots of people. Put a million people near your hunting spots and the deer get pretty smart. I don't hunt any public land near the cities until late Nov/Dec and then they clear off.

Advice? Apply for the park hunts as they will have less people. Good luck.

26-Sep-17
Here is an interactive resource for lands in MN.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/compass.html

27-Feb-18
www.mbrb.org

28-Feb-18
Also, the DNR publishes a list of city hunts you can apply to each season. I have found them to be valuable as I am a public land hunter in MN. I am not a trophy hunter so I don't mind thinning the heard for local cities.

14-Dec-18
Hey ya'll, I'm new to not only hunting but bow hunting this year. In hoping to meet some new people to hunt with and learn from. I'm open to most game. Let me know if your interested in helping a new hunter.

18-Sep-20
I am a brand new hunter, bought a bow and gear to start my adventure. If you are hunting on public land like WMA can you setup a tree stand? When you buy a hunting license for deer is your license also the tag for the deer or is the license and tag/s separate fee?

18-Sep-20
Unless things have changed you can set up a portable stand but must remove it each night.

License ant tag are one fee together. I believe it is about 30 ish dollars.

Stand regulations may be different on state or federal land in mn compared to a wma

09-Dec-20
Did any of the new hunters here have any success? Would enjoy hearing how your new adventure went.

15-Dec-20
A good start and resource for just basic hunting knowledge is just being familiar with the regulation book for your state. As far as finding public land and doing some satellite research get yourself the ONX app or Huntwise app. Gives you all public and private land along with what deer unit you’re in or researching in. Sometimes you can have good luck just stopping at a farm and introducing yourself and asking for permission. Sometimes not though!??

• Sitka Gear