Will 26-Sep-17
Belchertown Bowman 26-Sep-17
BruceP 26-Sep-17
stillhunter 26-Sep-17
Belchertown Bowman 26-Sep-17
25-Sep-17

Belchertown Bowman's Link
Hey Crew,..

I may suck at bow hunting but I am a great I.T. guy,.. some of what I do is gather info/data and allow others to digest it to best help our district out.

I have seen on the forum a desire for a bit more info to be shared by some of us and the posts or threads are not really good at saving the info for long term. The following spreadsheet should help with that endeavor,..

This spreadsheet is view-able to all of us all and you can add your own name and info on it. In fact if there is another piece of info you wish to add that you want collected you could just add a line for that too. I don't know but I am sure others might have some ideals.

Please lets not be ridiculous though,..

Follow the link and add your data! Have at it folks!

25-Sep-17
Oh and you might need a gmail account to access it. I hope no one is still using AOL

LOL

25-Sep-17
Like it....perfect

25-Sep-17
Thats funny and it turns out the second guy on the spreadsheet is practically my neighbor, lives like 1.5 miles away,.. Now that is freaking funny!

I guess that is sorta the point of this new info gathering method,..

Nice to sorta meet ya BigCountry

25-Sep-17
Lol....no kidding..... same here...we will definitely meet soon...

25-Sep-17
BigCountry,.. 70 deer taken!,.. that is impressive. No wonder we don't see that many in Btown !

LMAO

25-Sep-17
lol....I used to hunt NY, VT, CT and MA...Nowadays...just MA and CT. Had to kick it down a notch once the kids started coming......lol...

25-Sep-17
Holy cow the data is interesting and it just started coming in,..

25-Sep-17
Hey 3.14,..

Got your PM and yes folks can overwrite other peoples data and blow the whole thing up,.. sure that is possible. I can also restore it back to what it was at any point in time.

It is the best we have for now,.. hopefully the bowman's code of honor will stop jerks from ruining the data for all of us,..

Beats a thread that disappears shortly into the mass of new threads,..

If we have jerks that ruin it for all,.. well at least we tried.

25-Sep-17
"Please lets not be ridiculous though,.. "

I can't promise anything.

25-Sep-17
Oh Lord,.. LOL :)

26-Sep-17
Thanks folks for a few more names on the data sheet,.. I find the info really interesting,..

Sorta confirms that rumor ya all hear about,.. 10% of the hunters account for 90% of harvest.

Data can teach us a lot,.. don't be shy just put you info in there.

OR if there is other info desired just add a line,..

26-Sep-17
BB Sorta freaks me to put data into a random Google Doc's sheet... Most likely fine... But one PETA lurker hop's on here, clicks the link, and off goes all my info to the universe. Just wanted to explain why I haven't added info - with your knowledge of I.T. you may be able to convince me though... Great idea, just makes me nervous.

26-Sep-17
Scardy cat Will,,. . ;} LOL

I hear ya Will and understand ,.. but I really don't care if someone knows I hunt, what model bow I have, how many deer I have harvested in my lifetime etc,.. that is silly info IMHO,.. but my guess is others are also concerned and no biggy if that is your preference.

Here on the forums we respect all views,.. and if ya don't 3.14 will give ya a piece of his mind :)

Lastly ya can always just put down a junk username,.. it is the data not who it is that is useful to me. Just put in 123456 as a username. The google sheet cannot track who you are, that I can guarantee you.

26-Sep-17
BB, maybe I'm missing something but if you put a fake username and someone says "hey, he's in my town, I'm gonna PM him" how is he gonna know who to PM?

26-Sep-17
What box do i put my social security, and credit card #. Just kidding, you guys are some real killers, 100 deer!

26-Sep-17
Hi Bruce,..

I guess if someone does not want to list their handle/name and hunting area there is nothing you could do about that. Like I said it is the data that is fun to view,.. I did not mean for it to be a hook up spot. I think the Bowsite forums pretty much handle that pretty darn well.

Lastly, you could always post a thread,.. saying whoever is "123456" is please PM me?

And there seems to be another thread regarding that too,..

Still hunter just PM that CC info to me,.. oh wait Equifax already posted that on the hacker forums for us,.. I just went through freezing my credit at all 3 sites,.. 10 bucks total and about 25 minutes of filling out the online forums.

I highly recommend you all do this,.. 25 minutes may save you 25 hours of headaches cleaning up a problem. A 145 million Americans info is out there/got hacked,.. there are only 300 million folks in the country. Especially if ya have a good credit rating do it.

• Sitka Gear