Hammer 25-Sep-17
Hammer 25-Sep-17
Jon Stewart 25-Sep-17
Hammer 26-Sep-17
WYOBIRDDOG 16-Oct-17
Hammer 17-Oct-17
Dan In MI 29-Oct-17
25-Sep-17
Did you guys all hear that they have extended hunting season through Jan 31st this year for 3 counties.

Wayne county is one of them but I can't recall the other 2.. I wonder what the affect of this will be?

Any thoughts? Is it good or bad or won't matter?

I hunt the far edges of Wayne county from time to time where I have a little honey hole next to a metro park so it will be interesting to see how this effects the deer population next year.

25-Sep-17
Did you guys all hear that they have extended hunting season through Jan 31st this year for 3 counties.

Wayne county is one of them but I can't recall the other 2.. I wonder what the affect of this will be?

Any thoughts? Is it good or bad or won't matter?

I hunt the far edges of Wayne county from time to time where I have a little honey hole next to a metro park so it will be interesting to see how this effects the deer population next year.

25-Sep-17
I believe Monroe was another one. If I had a place to go I would probably be there.

25-Sep-17
I spoke with a customer service rep at the DNR minutes ago and she said she has not heard of any seasons extended past Jan 1st anywhere.

25-Sep-17
Jon I received an email update from the DNR. I'll see if I still have it

25-Sep-17
I have it but can't link it with my Phn. It's for Wayne, Oakland and Mccomb counties.

It's archery only

25-Sep-17

Hammer's Link

25-Sep-17
Thanks. I asked the gal I spoke with if I should call the Lansing customer service about this and she told me she would have the same info as they had. Well so much for customer service,lol

Wished they would open up a county or two on the west side.

26-Sep-17
lol that's amazing someone can call the DNR and get bad info. You'd think they'd know right?!?! Lol

16-Oct-17
If anyone remembers the old UAW building that sat on the northeast side of the 59/75 exchange I saw some of the biggest bucks walking around there. That was back in the 90's when I still lived back in the Mit. I always wanted to bow hunt that place! Congrats Hammer on tying the knot!

17-Oct-17
Thanks.

29-Oct-17
Page 35 of the hunting guide

Urban Deer Management Zone for Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne Counties The archery season will extend until January 31, 2018 for Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne counties in order to manage ongoing human-deer conflicts. Licenses including a deer license, deer combination license, or an antlerless deer license, are valid during the extended season. All rules and regulations for the archery season apply. See Archery Deer Seasons on pg. 20 for equipment regulations.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/hunting_and_trapping_digest_461177_7.pdf

• Sitka Gear