Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
Lee67 28-Sep-17
johnw 30-Sep-17
Lee67 30-Sep-17
johnw 30-Sep-17
Lee67 30-Sep-17
28-Sep-17
Taking my son on his first elk hunt - Cow only unit 14 first rifle season. We've got a basic plan in mind but looking for any last minute advice with 2 weeks to go. Thanks

30-Sep-17
Will be hunting with the same B tag in 14, first time hunting the unit. Hunted archery in 214 in Aug-Sept, everyone I talked to that was hunting 14 had not seen elk as of early-mid September. Temps were too hot, nothing was moving much during daylight hours. Where are you thinking of going?

30-Sep-17
I've never been to the area so I was planning to go up Seedhouse Road to the North Lake trail head and hike into Zirkels WA. But I'm wide open to ideas.

30-Sep-17
Thats as good as place as any to start, it hits a summer concentration area, and with the weather they will probably still be in those grounds for a while unless we get enough snow. Everyone tells me seedhouse gets pretty crowded, but might be in luck with the limited number of tags for 1st rifle..

30-Sep-17
I am worried about the crowds. Sounds like it's crazy during archery. Good luck to you guys

• Sitka Gear