horsethief51 04-Oct-17
Lazer2 05-Oct-17
PAbowhunter1064 07-Oct-17
Bob McArthur 07-Oct-17
Sharpstick 07-Oct-17
Huntinggal2009 08-Oct-17
Vonfoust 09-Oct-17
30-Sep-17
Red fox. 4 point and 5 point walking together rubbing and scraping. Squared off and touched antlers a little before leaving. Very calm morning until the sun hit the tree tops. Got dark and windy around 9:30. Lots of rubs nearby.

30-Sep-17
LOL! : ) Nothing this morning, but yesterday I saw something I never saw before. I was on I-84 just west of our exit heading to Bloomsburg to pick up my son from college. Saw something in the road and a tractor trailer pulled over on the left shoulder of the highway. Figured he blew a tire. But when I got closer the black thing in the middle of the road was a bear! And then I see a deer carcass in my lane! Had to slow down and thread my way between the 2 carcasses. Both were headed in the same direction from the median crossing the westbound lanes. Not sure if the deer was already dead and the bear was after the carcass, or both were alive and the bear was chasing the deer. But the bear was definitely just hit by the 18 wheeler. The truck driver was checking the damage on his grill when I looked in the rear view mirror.

30-Sep-17
Wow. Cool pics Justin. I haven't seen a flying squirrel for several years.

30-Sep-17

Jeff Durnell's embedded Photo
Jeff Durnell's embedded Photo
All I saw today was yella dust. I worked on this osage stave all morning and plan to work on it until I can hunt with it... or it dies. Its grain is very snakey and I give it about a 60% chance of becoming a reliable hunting bow. It has a few strikes against it already.

30-Sep-17
Went to SGL274 near my house and couldn’t find an open spot in the parking lot so I went to Middle Vreek instead. My first time in the woods there and it’s quite nice. Only a few cars in the last parking lot. Talked with one hunter that was in his stand and had another guy climb a tree about 35 yards from him even after he flashed his light at him. Found a couple of nice looking spots that should be good for me in the coming weeks. Then headed back to 274 where the lot was empty. Set up now on where a few trails converge. Wind is right so far. We’ll see what happens.

30-Sep-17
It takes a special kind of BUNG HOLE to climb a tree 35 yards from someone already in position/hunting.

30-Sep-17
I jumped one doe while heading down into the hollow. Seen 6 turkey and 60,000 squirrels. Chippies and crows and 2 wood chucks.

30-Sep-17
I helped watch the granddaughters and didn't hunt first day for the first time in 33 years of bow hunting. It was a perfect evening too. Crap!

30-Sep-17
Seen a total of ten does for the day. Just not any in my preferred range. But none out of "todays" range.

30-Sep-17

HoytHunter13's embedded Photo
HoytHunter13's embedded Photo
As an ending to the first weekend we all shared a wonderful bottle of Bob McArthur's wine. Cheers to a good season, straight shooting, and our UBP family!

30-Sep-17
I ended the day early when a couple of guys walked past between 4:45 an 5. One, carrying a treestand, went out of sight but I'm fairly sure he wanted to be close to where I was. The second guy saw me and made a detour around me. Just when I thought he was leaving he circled back and got in a ladder stand about 40 yards from me. I didn't know it was there because it was so thick. That was enough for me. I'll get out during the week when there are fewer guys around.

I did see five turkeys at about 15 yards. Walked right up on them. They started to move and I clucked with my mouth and they stopped and slowly walked back past me and away. Four hens and a jake.

01-Oct-17

Ben Farmer's embedded Photo
Ben Farmer's embedded Photo
Hunted with my daughter yesterday evening. We had a doe and fawn come in about 6:00pm and then this guy came out at 6:05. Glad she decided to wait and not shoot the big doe. Perfect shot at 29 yards. He only went 60 yards. This is Peyton's first buck!!

Hope you guys don't get sick of seeing these pics because I might be posting them for the next year or so!:) so proud of this girl!!

01-Oct-17
Went across the creek to Armstrong county to hunt with Chise and Nate on a nice piece of ground above the Red Bank. I was on the edge of a high, step hill with a view of a windy river bottom. First thing I saw was a third bald eagle in 8 days about 80 feet over my head. I saw 7 does from that stand just a little too far away and 2 more smaller bucks, all heading into a corn field. Great total for a first day.

01-Oct-17
Looks like a good time with the Orwigs and Sagers. I miss that old camp on the other side of I 80.

01-Oct-17
Congratulations to you and your daughter Ben!

01-Oct-17
Fantastic, Ben.. ^5

01-Oct-17
What a great picture! Ben congrats to you and your daughter. The memory of this hunt will never get old, it will make you smile for a lifetime.

01-Oct-17

Lazer2's embedded Photo
Lazer2's embedded Photo
My shot missed his first shot with a bow but we had fun.

01-Oct-17
Passed on 3 in the morning. 2 doe and a button. Saw nothing in the evening.

01-Oct-17
Zip... saw nothing yesterday. Morning stand was soooo windy. There is a lot of standing corn and many, many acorns in the woods. Got to figure them out starting again on Thursday.

01-Oct-17

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
Saw a few including this one where I had time to reach for the camera.

02-Oct-17
3 Bucks & 2 does on Sat eve on Public Land.

02-Oct-17
Didn't get out til the afternoon. Then all I saw was a crossgunner in "my" spot! :-) Just waved and moved on a couple hundred yards. Saw some deer cross the road about a 1/4 mile further in, just after sundown as I was driving out, so hopefully I can find a good spot in there next time!

02-Oct-17
I sat in the stand that I am saving for Perry to bear hunt in and at 7:15 a bear walked up behind me and passed by my right side at 15 yards. Had a nice opening for a left handed shooter to shoot without even standing up. Saw 2 does in the field at 65 yards.

02-Oct-17
Nice Art! Tell him to stick around another 4 weeks or so! ;-)

02-Oct-17
Stayed in and made Kathey her birthday dinner instead of going hunting. I owed it to her. Been in other states hunting on 3 different birthdays just to mention a couple reasons.

03-Oct-17
Hunted same side of the road as yesterday. Saw a total of 7 does and 2 four points that walked right in front of me. Coolest thing was when a fisher was sneaking down a log across a little swamp, I made the rabbit squeal sound. He ran right over to me and looked straight up ro see what I was. He decided to leave when I said hello. Pretty sure I fell asleep after the sun hit me.

03-Oct-17
That's cool Art! We must not have many fishers up in NEPA..............................never seen one in the wild.

03-Oct-17
Did I read bear and nice opening for a lefty haha

03-Oct-17
Saw 5 does and fawns this morning. Took one of the doe at 8 yards.

04-Oct-17
Went out back to a spot where I can watch a big farm field in a corner in a strip of woods that also overlooks a reclaimed strip mine. I saw 2 does on the way back in the field. By 6 PM there were 5 more does and a 4 by 1 buck grazing within 50 yards. As usually happens a buck with a very white looking rack walked out 200 yards away below me and walked within 20 yards of one of my ladder stands. He stopped offering a broadside shot eating grass. His antlers were wider than his ears but I was not sure if he had G -3s. May have only been a 6 point. On my way back to the house with that full moon I was able to see 3 more does. Going to the dentist this morning.

You'll have to hunt those northcentral PA bears this year Andy. Were booked a couple years in advance. We have members from Maryland that have dibbs. LOL.

05-Oct-17

Lazer2's embedded Photo
Lazer2's embedded Photo
Finally out solo for the first time this evening. Good luck to anyone out and be safe.

07-Oct-17
Wow, Pat! That's a real nice buck! Plenty of time to hunt though, and there's definitely bigger ones out there. Good luck everybody!

07-Oct-17

Bob McArthur's embedded Photo
Bob McArthur's embedded Photo

07-Oct-17
Nothing in 4A. Game commission brought in snipers and killed a lot of deer off before bow season. CWD in this area of Pennsylvania. Guess they think eradication of the deer heard will work. Once it's here, it's here.

08-Oct-17

Huntinggal2009's embedded Photo
Huntinggal2009's embedded Photo
Shot this one Thursday evening on SFL over a water hole,

09-Oct-17

Vonfoust's embedded Photo
Vonfoust's embedded Photo
Owed this one to my wife, patiently putting up with 20 years of celebrating an anniversary weeks before the actual date so I could be in a tree the first day. Of course, I heard it was just as warm here without the beach!

• Sitka Gear