grizzlyadam 01-Oct-17
streetglide 02-Oct-17
Richm444 03-Oct-17
Ryan707 19-Oct-17
expeditiontraders 05-Dec-17
expeditiontraders 05-Dec-17
jax2009r 06-Dec-17
30-Sep-17
I doubt I will have much time to hunt there this year. I just bought 122 acres in Barkhamsted and will be moving in before Christmas. Does anyone hunt in this area? Any information to share? Where is the nearest butcher? Thanks.

30-Sep-17
I will hunt that area if you sign my slip.

30-Sep-17
Good for you.

30-Sep-17
I hunt 30 minutes West. I take mine to Litchfield Locker in Litchfield (probably 40 minutes from the Reservoir)

30-Sep-17
I hunt Barhamsted. Ray Gaudette butchers right there on the Winsted/ Barkhamsted line. He does an excellent job but is not cheap.

30-Sep-17
I'll second that - Gaudette is very good but not cheap and litchfield meat is very good also

30-Sep-17
I hunt the water company lots of beers and moose...most moose in the state I that area.... The bears and bobcats been hammering the fawns... Lots of land.... Some giants get killed up that way

30-Sep-17
I used to hunt it.....lots of bears and bob cats...im with crow..lol

01-Oct-17
Lots of public land nearby. Lots of big woods. I hunted that area hard for many years, I know it well. There are good pockets of deer and some really awesome bucks to be had, but you really have to work for them. My biggest buck to date came from Barkhamstead.

02-Oct-17
Pretty sure this 4 doors down from me. Is this on ratlum mountain? Hunting is OK would be great if we had a bear season. There are more bear than deer lol . There is fair amount of pressure the place you bought should be good it was logged a few years ago should be prime now. If this is the plac send me a pm would like to know my neighbors.

03-Oct-17
my friend lives there - lots of bears

19-Oct-17
I hunt over by west hill lake, got 86 acres. Hunting is ok, usually get one every year but it’s not like other areas I’ve hunted, don’t see nearly as many deer BUT the biggest deer I’ve ever seen while hunting was on that property. This year I have a big old 8 point, 2 younger 8 pointers and several smaller bucks and a bunch of does on my trail cams. Most deer I’ve seen on that property in the last 15 years. Thinking the mild winters have helped the population. Guess I will find out, gonna hunt this property on sat morning for the first time this year.

05-Dec-17
Thanks for the info. I forgot I put this post up. I have been very busy with work, hunting, remodeling, and getting ready to move.

I did put out three trail cameras. They have only been out about a week. I got pictures of a small buck, a couple of does, and a coyote.

If all goes well I will be moving in around Christmas.

If your in the area, PM me and I will have you over for a beer.

Merry Christmas.

05-Dec-17
Thanks for the info. I forgot I put this post up. I have been very busy with work, hunting, remodeling, and getting ready to move.

I did put out three trail cameras. They have only been out about a week. I got pictures of a small buck, a couple of does, and a coyote.

If all goes well I will be moving in around Christmas.

If your in the area, PM me and I will have you over for a beer.

Merry Christmas.

06-Dec-17
I just hunted the controlled hunt there on the MDC property...I shot a spike....didnt see many deer....a few bigs ones running around....nice big woods....

• Sitka Gear