Hoyter2804 12-Nov-17
BSKED (mobile) 07-Jan-18
RC 07-Jan-18
Stekewood 07-Jan-18
Rut Nut 08-Jan-18
01-Oct-17

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
I now have an arrow marked up for Hank Barella. I spoke to Gene last night, him and Ella went up a Sat with him. it doesn't sound like he'll be hunting with us much longer. well, he's hunting with me today. I'll use this arrow until it's destroyed or lost. this one is for you buddy!

01-Oct-17

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
well, that didn't take long! one down for Hank

01-Oct-17
Awesome gesture, Bill.. ^5

01-Oct-17
Way to go Bill. I too have an arrow for Hank. Marked "blue feather" for his bowsite handle. Although the end is near, he will hunt with me forever.

01-Oct-17
Special gesture guys. I've meet Hank several times and enjoyed his stories and insight. My thoughts are with Hank and his family during this difficult time.

Dave

01-Oct-17
Wow thanks for the heads up Bill! Prayers for Hank and his family

01-Oct-17
Nice Bill.

01-Oct-17

Smoke's embedded Photo
Smoke's embedded Photo
Taking time off tomorrow to hunt with my "Hank arrow".

01-Oct-17
Nice guys.

01-Oct-17

Hoyter2804's embedded Photo
Got one for each weapon

01-Oct-17

BSKED (mobile)'s embedded Photo
To my friend, mentor and hunting buddy. You told me a few weeks ago that your bag was packed for trip. It's a trip we will all take someday. Safe travels. You'll be hunting with me everyday! Love ya
To my friend, mentor and hunting buddy. You told me a few weeks ago that your bag was packed for trip. It's a trip we will all take someday. Safe travels. You'll be hunting with me everyday! Love ya

01-Oct-17
So awesome!! Sorry to hear about Hank's condition. He will be missed for sure. May his transition be just as smooth as his arrow has flown.

01-Oct-17
Sad news for sure. For those who didn't know Hank, he has always been one of the UBP greats. Soft spoken, with a great scents of humor, and a heart as big as anyone you'll meet.

God bless Hank Barella, and prayers from my family to yours

02-Oct-17
I didn't know Hank well, but would see him from time to time at UBP events. Thanks for the Heads up, Bill.

I will have an arrow in his honor in my quiver next time I go out.

Prayers going out for he and his family!

02-Oct-17
Hank is one of the best men I've ever met. He's met this head-on, never once playing The victim. The way he has dealt with this has been such an inspiration to me...to do what I had and have to do.

02-Oct-17
Very well said Bob. Gonna miss him.

04-Oct-17

04-Oct-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Brought Hank along tonight. Hope he likes Pike Co! ;-)

04-Oct-17
Rut. He loved that area. Would bear hunt up there. His favorite place was Sullivan county. Had a trailer up there, and would hunt deer, bear and turkeys near Worlds End SP. Thanks for bringing him along.

04-Oct-17
Honored to do it, Brian!

Wish I had known him better- World's End is one of my favorite spots in PA! Sounds like we had a lot in common! : )

05-Oct-17
Had his camper in Almost Heaven campground. Was up there a few times turkey hunting with him. Thx Again.

05-Oct-17
This is a really neat thing you and Bill started! I hope when my time comes, some of my buddies will take me along with them during this special time of year! ;-)

06-Oct-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Hunting with Hank again tonight

07-Oct-17

As I sit here in NW Vermont awaiting first light on opening day of archery season, I think about the conversation that Hank and I had about hunting here someday. That someday never happened. I do however have my lucky "HANK" arrow, and the Chippewa treestand he gave me. While he physically never made it here, he is with me!

10-Oct-17
Gene King and I decided to take the day off for Hanks services. No better way to honor Hank than to be perched 20 feet up in a stand. I know that is what he would want.

11-Oct-17

Bob McArthur's embedded Photo
using Hank's old Cat Quiver from here on.

11-Oct-17

11-Oct-17
Finally. The Hank arrow connected on a large doe tonite. Nice gesture Bob. I sold him that when I was working a Dan's. I used one for years.

11-Oct-17
Good stuff guys.

12-Oct-17
Nice! : )

12-Oct-17
Back at it tonite with the Hank arrow. Cleaned up from last nite, new blades, ready

12-Oct-17
Before I forget. Bill V put a "Hank" arrow in the casket on the day of the service. He told the family about the arrow and the fact that many on this site are hunting with Hank arrows. It literally brought them to tears. So to all you with your Hank arrows. Thank you, it means a lot to us.

12-Oct-17
That’s cool Brian- glad to be a part of it! I hope my buddies take me out with them when my time comes! ;-)

13-Oct-17

Cougar's embedded Photo
Cougar's embedded Photo
Gene got blood all over his Hank arrow. Hank's working his magic from above.

13-Oct-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Ela- he is for sure! I’m convinced he was with me in my stand this morning. I had a nice bear walk by my tree at 15y at 7:15- got some great video of him! Then had 2 deer walk by just out of range 30 min later. One of them circled in front of me and then came right in to me at 20y. Hard to get a shot though because it was looking my direction until it got to 20y and went behind a tree. I quick grabbed my bow turned and drew and it STOPPED! No shot! Held, held, held and it FINALLY stepped out! Never held that long, but somehow managed to until it moved again. Shot was high, but I’m convinced Hank guided that arrow! When I found the deer the arrow glanced off the bottom of the spine and went down towards the belly catching the vitals! Came out low on far side! Deer went 45 y and dropped, then slid 30y down the hill. If you would have seen the path the arrow took in this deer, you wouldn’t believe it! I think Hank had something to do with it! ;-)

14-Oct-17
Way to go Rut!!!

14-Oct-17
Congratulations, everyone! This is a very cool thing you guys are doing here. I did not know this Hank, but if he was a friend of bowhunting and the UBP, he was a friend of mine as well. I can think of no better way I would want to be remembered, than having some of my closest friends take me along hunting with them, even after I'm gone. I'm sure he is smiling down upon all of you now, and couldn't be prouder.

14-Oct-17
Thanks for the kind words Josh. Hank was more a behind the scenes guy, did most of the work, and let others take the credit. If you have ever been to the UBP winter banquet, the Ron Henry bear squares, that's a Hank idea! Good luck with your season.

15-Oct-17
Ahhh yes....those Ron Henry bear squares have separated me from a few $20 bills over the years!! Good luck to you as well, Brian!

17-Oct-17

Smoke's embedded Photo
Smoke's embedded Photo
My Hank arrow flew true tonight!!! Back at it again tomorrow am

18-Oct-17
Way to go, Smoke! Don't think I even need to ask what broadhead you're using! ;-)

18-Oct-17
Way to go Dan. Seems like the Hank arrows are flying true lately. Been out with mine, passed on lots of small bucks.

19-Oct-17

22-Oct-17

Went to New Jersey this morning. Hank’s arrow found its mark.!!
Went to New Jersey this morning. Hank’s arrow found its mark.!!

22-Oct-17
Nice! Congrats Brian!

22-Oct-17

Hit a nice buck lastnight on game lands in Clinton county. Unfortunately did not find the deer and this is all that is left of my hank arrow

23-Oct-17
Sorry to hear about the buck. Time to make a new “Hank” arrow.

23-Oct-17
I will be making one tonight

23-Oct-17

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
mine is still shootin. it's been cleaned up and re-headed a couple times.

up and ready!

24-Oct-17
Sorry to all that knew Hank. I did not know him, but did know the name from the UBP. I can see here that he must of been very liked guy. I can see he's also helped a few of you guys out this fall, I'll have to ask him if he'd give me some luck next week when deer, bear and turkey all run at the same time.. Ed

24-Oct-17
I spoke with Gene King this morning, he's got a great Hank story to tell.

24-Oct-17
Gene took Hank's Parker easy draw bow with his Hank arrow and harvested a doe. It was the second one for that arrow. Hank was watching over him.

01-Nov-17

Smoke's embedded Photo
Gary Wessner’s doe taken with his Hank arrow.
Smoke's embedded Photo
Gary Wessner’s doe taken with his Hank arrow.
It has been a while since our last post with a Hank arrow, but Gary Wessner put an end to that today

I’ll be taking my Hank arrow to IL where I hope to let it fly on a big midwestern buck!

01-Nov-17
Way to go Gene and Gary!

01-Nov-17
Nice guys.

04-Nov-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Hank got a nice buck yesterday afternoon! ;-)

04-Nov-17
Way to go Rut!!! Awesome.

04-Nov-17
Thanks Brian! This is my best archery season so far- gotta think Hank had something to do with it! ;-)

04-Nov-17
Quite certain he is

04-Nov-17

04-Nov-17

Well the lucky arrow finally paid off in a BIG way.

04-Nov-17
Not sure why the sight continue to rotate my iPhone photos. In the thumbnail photo they are fine, after that it rotates them. I can’t find a way on my phone to rotate them in the edit area.

05-Nov-17
nice Rut. congrats

bill v

05-Nov-17
Congrats guys. Nice bucks!

12-Nov-17

Used my hank arrow to take this Virginia buck

12-Nov-17

07-Jan-18
Well I sat out in the single digit temps, with negative wind chills yesterday in NJ. My Hank arrow got to eat, as it took out a big doe. No photos, it was all I could do to field dress the deer without getting frostbite. On top of that, my phone froze. Saw 6 deer total. Good luck to any crazy people like myself.

07-Jan-18
Awesome, congrats.

07-Jan-18
Nice Brian!

08-Jan-18
Way to go Brian! You're a diehard! ;-)

• Sitka Gear