RobbieWo 07-Nov-17
awh302 10-Nov-17
Dusktildawn 10-Nov-17
awh302 10-Nov-17
Lawdog 10-Nov-17
awh302 11-Nov-17
Dusktildawn 11-Nov-17
01-Oct-17
Opening day and no activity on the thread. Times have changed. I'm bear hunting in WI passed 2 last night kind of regretting passing the second one but got 2 days left. Good luck to all be safe. Please wear a harness! I have a couple extra that I will send if anyone needs pm me. GOOD LUCK!!

05-Oct-17
I have been lucky enough to find a spot in Lake County for bow hunting . ( private land) I have never seen so many nice bucks . The hunting gods have finally shined upon me !

05-Oct-17
@Lucky......sounds like you have a promising future in store for you. Hope to see some pictures of what you harvest or cath on trail cam. Good luck

It's been a little slow on public land with the warm dry weather. Hopefully cool weather is on the way soon. Did find some active rub lines and scrapes in aome thick stuff near bedding area. Will be hunting the fringe next 2 nights.

06-Oct-17
Thanks , good luck tonight. I will also be sitting tonight . It is warm but I hope this rain brings out the ( big) bucks . I'll stay on this thread . I'll check my cameras tonight .

07-Oct-17
Hey Chris I stay offer on a harness still open? This will be my first year hunting and I'm trying to scrape up the money to get everything needed. Any tips for a new guys y I have access to property in will and Kankakee counties. Just looking for any direction. Thanks in advance.

07-Oct-17
I sent you a pm just need your address fir a harness.

07-Oct-17
2 of us hit it hard from 2pm til dark. Partner was near oak thicket near bedding area and I was between a slough and a corn field. Lots of sign but zero deer movement. 2 hoirs of pouring rain sure didn't help. Best is yet to come. Good luck to everyone.

08-Oct-17
I feel your pain, I sat around 3 until it started to rain about 5-530. Went back in the morning until 10 am . I saw nothing . I think it's still to warm . Forcast for the week is warm again . Can't wait for the weather to change a little . Good luck everyone .

14-Oct-17
Was able to sit a little bit last night and saw 5 doe's , No bucks yet . I did notice a new rub along the path I walk in on , it's In an open area of the property . I guess where there are doe's the bucks will follow . Hopefully Sunday will be a lot better , it's going to be a lot cooler .

Has anyone had any luck ??

New to the site this year and enjoy hearing any success stories .

Good luck hunting everyone

15-Oct-17
Sat this evening and started to see some buck activity . Had a small 4 point come in around 4:30 under my stand . At about 6:10 a nice ( next year ) buck stepped out of a thicket 20 yards on my left broadside . The horns had the webbing around them about 3 inches wide . It was a nice 8 point but will be Even nicer next year . The neck was real thick also . I Also saw 2 Doe's come in within bow range and passed . Look's like things are starting to heat up . Hopefully this brief cold snap will get the big bucks on their feet .

Hope everyone is starting to see deer at least . Good luck to all .

16-Oct-17
Lucky nice to hear you are seeing activity. I was out for 5 hrs yesterday morning. Sure glad I chose the rubber boots as the once dry sloughs are now 6"-12" deep. No activity in the wind but things should amp up if we can keep this cooler weather. Hope we see some nice bucks soon on the Meat Pole!

17-Oct-17
Heading out Thursday evening , hope the weather doesn't slow things down . Good luck to all

21-Oct-17
I'm sitting in the stand this afternoon and saw about 10 new rubs all along tree line . They were not there a few days ago . I think the rut might be starting to kick off . I'll post later tonight with any news . Good luck everyone .

21-Oct-17
5 Doe's and NO bucks tonight . 1 coyote I couldn't get a shot at . Sitting in the morning . Anyone else have any luck ?

22-Oct-17
4 hr sit yesterday morning nothing but listening to the duckhunters nearby smoking ducks early on. Buddy got a small doe around 10a.m. Did find many new rubs in a thicket next to some white oaks. May try this afternoon if the monsoon misses us. Still waiting for a nice cold front.

22-Oct-17
Sat this morning and saw 2 doe's . Only sat till 9:00 , my son had a football game . I also heard the duck hunters blasting away . I was hoping they would get the deer moving . Next time out Tuesday . Good luck everyone

22-Oct-17
I’m out now forgot my rain gear and boots at home. Bad move for a day like today. Beautiful cool night but relegated to a field edge so I don’t get soaked walking in the cover and my gym shoes stay dry. But I’m staying positive I didn’t forget my lucky T-shirt so I should be good.

25-Oct-17

Lucky's embedded Photo
Lucky's embedded Photo
5 point

25-Oct-17

Lucky's embedded Photo
7 point
Lucky's embedded Photo
7 point

25-Oct-17
Been out since 2:00 and have seen 2 bucks . I dragged some doe urine behind me otw in to my stand and those bucks came right in . The larger buck was pissing and rubbing at about 7 different trees . The rut is on fellas !!!

By the way my wife is going to have me on the couch , I broke the news to her that I'll be out there all weekend . Not happy !!! But I am ????

25-Oct-17

Lucky's embedded Photo
Rubs
Lucky's embedded Photo
Rubs

25-Oct-17

Lucky's embedded Photo
Another rub
Lucky's embedded Photo
Another rub

25-Oct-17

Lucky's embedded Photo
Caught me posting or it would had been DEAD
Lucky's embedded Photo
Caught me posting or it would had been DEAD

25-Oct-17
Great day to be in the stand !!! Good luck to all

25-Oct-17

Lucky's embedded Photo
Busted me
Lucky's embedded Photo
Busted me

25-Oct-17
Second coyote in15 min

25-Oct-17

Lucky's embedded Photo
2 Does
Lucky's embedded Photo
2 Does

25-Oct-17

Lucky's embedded Photo
Nailed him
Lucky's embedded Photo
Nailed him

25-Oct-17
Big 10 point

25-Oct-17
Damn Lucky while we were working you had one hell of a day! Congrats on a very nice deer.

25-Oct-17

Lucky's embedded Photo
Bigger in the truck !
Lucky's embedded Photo
Bigger in the truck !

26-Oct-17
congrats

26-Oct-17
Nice deer, congrats. Do you not shoot coyotes? What was the buck you shot doing ?

26-Oct-17
Yes we shoot coyotes , but they busted me both times . And the buck was on a Doe chasing . The buck had no idea I was there , all he cared about was that doe .

And Thanks .... hope to pass the luck on . Good hunting guys !!!

26-Oct-17
Nice buck! I will say things are picking up but the rut is not on yet. Another week or so and the rut will be "on".

26-Oct-17
Congrats on a great buck!

26-Oct-17
Thanks for taking us on your hunting trip

27-Oct-17
Out today and shot one of those coyote and my buddy shot a nice 8 point . Same property , 100 yards away from where my stand is . I also saw 3 Doe's . Has anyone had any luck ?

27-Oct-17
Good buck !

Congrats

27-Oct-17
Post picture of the coyote. Nice. I shot a small one last weekend and got my bobcat permit in the mail today.

28-Oct-17
I haven't hunted enough to give a report. This weekend I plan to start putting some time in the woods.

28-Oct-17

Lucky's embedded Photo
Here's that coyote fellas
Lucky's embedded Photo
Here's that coyote fellas

28-Oct-17

Lucky's embedded Photo
Here's my buddies 8 point
Lucky's embedded Photo
Here's my buddies 8 point

28-Oct-17
Did he spine him from the ground or offside lung from tree? One less yote good job

29-Oct-17
Pretty yote. I always wondered if I should have mounted one of the ones I've shot. Hopefully I get a chance at a cat, which would undoubtedly be mounted.

29-Oct-17
Sat tonight and saw a small 10 point come underneath my stand . Just at the ears . Next year will be a shooter . He was checking the rubs as he went on his way . Hope every one is seeing deer .

29-Oct-17
Sat tonight and saw a small 10 point come underneath my stand . Just at the ears . Next year will be a shooter . He was checking the rubs as he went on his way . Hope every one is seeing deer .

31-Oct-17
Anyone have any nice pictures of what they are seeing ??

31-Oct-17

jayhawks's embedded Photo
Just shot this guy on Sunday night. This was my first buck ever. I was super excited to get a deer of this quality for my first buck. Been hunting for the last 3 years and finally cashed in a big buck. It was a blast. 10 yard shot. Came out a few minutes after a doe and followed her same path. I assume he was chasing her. Such an amazing hunt. Can’t wait to do it again.

31-Oct-17
Congrats!

31-Oct-17
A great first buck for sure. Some people hunt all there life for a buck like that. Hope you are planning on putting that guy on the wall. Congrats!

31-Oct-17
Congrats

01-Nov-17
Yes he is going on the wall. Even got my wife to let me put him in the living room!

03-Nov-17
How is everyone doing ? Are you guys seeing a lot of deer ???

04-Nov-17

Jesd54's embedded Photo
Jesd54's embedded Photo
I took my first deer today it's not a big buck by any means but it was a good hunt and a clean kill didn't run more than 15-20 yards before he went down

06-Nov-17
Congrats on your first deer Jesd. Now you are hooked like the rest of us. Best of luck the rest of the season.

07-Nov-17
Nice chootin Jesd congrats. You’ll never forget it.

07-Nov-17
Congrats!!! Nothing like the first!!!????????

10-Nov-17

awh302's embedded Photo
awh302's embedded Photo
This guy is from 11/09. I got him in the morning with a 12 yard shot. I put a perfect shot on him (lung and heart) however there was very little blood. So little that I called my wife and told her I wasn't sure if I actually killed him. The rage 2 blade cut a huge hole in him but it seemed the skin raised up and covered the hole preventing the blood from exiting the body. There was no exit hole and the arrow fell out about 15 yards after the shot. Anyone else experience this? Anyways I found him within 70 yards.

10-Nov-17
Were you hunting from an elevated position or from the ground? Did yhe arrow hit the offside shoulder? What grain arrow and how many fps is your bow? Many factors to consider, never the less Congrats on the deer. Did you see many other deer that day and were they chasing?

10-Nov-17
At first light I had 2 smaller bucks fighting in front of me and the last 5 days or so the bucks have been on the move. This is from northern Illinois.

10-Nov-17

Lawdog 's embedded Photo
Lawdog 's embedded Photo
My brother shot this 14 point bruiser on public land in Shelby County tonight at about 4pm. Great buck!

11-Nov-17
That's an awesome double main been, congrats!

11-Nov-17
Congrats to your brother Lawdog great deer.

• Sitka Gear