jstephens61 03-Oct-17
wytex 04-Oct-17
wyobullshooter 04-Oct-17
Franzen 05-Oct-17
wytex 05-Oct-17
Franzen 05-Oct-17
Bowboy 08-Oct-17
03-Oct-17
Bought a moose point today, figured I had to start somewhere. At 56, is this a stupid idea? Am I going to accumulate enough points to hunt moose in Wyoming before I'm too old to get out in the woods?

04-Oct-17
Somebody has to draw the random tags. As long as you put in you'll have a chance. Some will be getting out of the license pool with the price increase.

04-Oct-17
As wytex says, ya gotta pay to play. Your odds won't be good, but they'll beat the heck out of 0%.

05-Oct-17
Might be a little crazy. I myself wonder if I should quit and I have 3 at age 34, and haven't bought this year's. There are only about a handful of random tags in the whole state as I recall. I'm glad we get a little opportunity in WY (thanks guys), but the cost just to get in the random pool is kinda steep for moose. If you hunt out west pretty regularly, and you want a chance at moose, Idaho might be the better option.

05-Oct-17
Ask the guy on this forum how he feels, he drew the only random NR moose tag for area 38, the best in the state. He drew it out of 641 applicants.

05-Oct-17
You guys are right that someone has to draw, and it sure pays to be lucky. Unfortunately the odds would say that at age 56 someone would likely just be donating a couple grand to the state without getting to hunt while they were still physically able. The one caveat I see is the possibility for changes to the application/drawing process.

08-Oct-17
If you want a moose tag apply for a cow, way better odds

• Sitka Gear