yooper89 11-Oct-17
Hoot 11-Oct-17
yooper89 11-Oct-17
Hoot 11-Oct-17
jcneng 11-Oct-17
Hoot 11-Oct-17
bahrens13 31-Oct-17
11-Oct-17
As title states - please feel free to remove this thread since it's not bow hunting related, but I cannot find the answer in the reg book.

Can somebody give me detail on shooting teals during waterfowl season? In the reg book it is clearly stated that there is a September Teal Season. The dates: 9/9-9/17. To me, that tells me those are the only dates teal are legal to harvest. Underneath the Flyways, there are daily bag limits consisting of every duck BUT teal.

However, when I look at the Ducks Unlimited migration map, there are multiple posts from the last couple days (10/9-10/11) stating they shot mixed bags of birds, teal included.

I don't want to break any laws by shooting one. But I also don't want to miss out on the opportunity if a group flies through my decoys.

Can anybody help out??

11-Oct-17
You can shoot any number of teal to make up your bag limit, and teal are not the only ducks not listed in the restricted list, there are many other species that can make up your entire bag limit...

11-Oct-17
Hoot, thanks. I'm pretty new to waterfowl hunting in general, but have only done it a handful of times in CO. The September Teal Season section is what really threw me off.

11-Oct-17
You bet, good luck this season!

11-Oct-17
Hoot!? How are you buddy! March will be here soon!

11-Oct-17
Doing well Jeff! Can not wait for spring already!

31-Oct-17
I hate the waterfowl regs, it's like they want you to fail

• Sitka Gear