davebw226 11-Oct-17
db 17-Oct-17
davebw226 17-Oct-17
Mad dog 22-Oct-17
Shawn 24-Oct-17
davebw226 25-Oct-17
Mad dog 31-Oct-17
11-Oct-17
hey guys, i live in CA, but grew up in NY. My parents still own property in Round Top New York. I've been considering making the trip out to hunt the property. i'm not looking for anyone else's honey hole in any way. just some local intel on the general health of the deer population in this area at the base of Blackhead Mountain. I grew up hunting close to the area but have been gone for decades. thanks much.

11-Oct-17
Pass thru there once in awhile. Decent deer population. Try calling the nearest Gun shop. Any old buddies you can look up? Worst comes to worst, just get out there. Keep us posted. Good luck Mad Dog

11-Oct-17
that's a great idea Mad Dog, thank you.

17-Oct-17
Sister live down the block from golf course.. Took several deer in the back of her house near the state land boarder.. Lots of coyotes and bear up there. Put camera up a couple years ago saw more coyote and bear then deer. Go up the mountain between golf course and Brady la.. Good luck

17-Oct-17
Thanks db, the property is actually very close to the golf course (across the road), and a little below where brady turns left up toward the mountain. thanks for the advice.

22-Oct-17
Keep us posted. Mad dog

24-Oct-17
I am down that way a lot. The deer population is very good, mild winters the last couple years as far as snow. You will do well to hunt there the 2nd week of Nov. Big buck potential as well(at least big for NY) Shawn

25-Oct-17
Thanks Shawn. i'm working on getting something together. it might have to wait til next year due to some recent health issue discoveries. i'm still headed to KS in a week on a long planned hunt with a friend regardless, we'll see how i feel. for me since i live in CA this is a longer term plan. possible i get there this summer and clear a small area for a food plot and see if we can't bring in some deer over time. I'm lucky to have the access i have, but it's a long way from home right now.

31-Oct-17
Daydream about it until.you can get back to NY. When u do get back to Cairo, make sure you go out to the Peekamoose Restaurant on Rt 28. Great chow! Good luck with health issues. Mad Dog

• Sitka Gear