Contributors to this thread:
Wolfslayer 12-Oct-17
eberje02 12-Oct-17
eberje02 12-Oct-17
DanWesson357 16-Oct-17
12-Oct-17

Wolfslayer's embedded Photo
Wolfslayer's embedded Photo
Hey guys, hope everyone's having a good start to the season. Being a college student really limits my hunting time but any chance I get to slip into the woods will be in the Michaux right near Mont Alto/Fayetteville. I've done some scouting and have found a decent amount of sign. Just curious as to what the deer population is like in this area. The acorn mast this year seems to be very good so I should be able to find some nice feeding areas in the state forest. Might ask around and try to hunt some of the orchards close by as well.

12-Oct-17
I lived and hunted in the Michaux while I lived in Gettysburg for 10 years. The Michaux has a thin, but very huntable population of deer. Knause foods owns a majority of the farms in the are and their head quarters is located Biglerville for permission to hunt. Farms were very open to hunters, but usually lots of guys were in there already. Really fun to drive out the orchards during rifle season. My suggestion would be to study to Michaux map find private property to blocks access to Michaux and then ask the owner for access through their property, but not to hunt. Check Pole Steeple are. Since moving I haven't hunted their in 4 or 5 years, now I live deer heaven of SE Pa. Let me know if you need any ideas. I can share more details via a PM if you want specifics or farms that are more friendly to hunters.

12-Oct-17
I lived and hunted in the Michaux while I lived in Gettysburg for 10 years. The Michaux has a thin, but very huntable population of deer. Knause foods owns a majority of the farms in the are and their head quarters is located Biglerville for permission to hunt. Farms were very open to hunters, but usually lots of guys were in there already. Really fun to drive out the orchards during rifle season. My suggestion would be to study to Michaux map find private property to blocks access to Michaux and then ask the owner for access through their property, but not to hunt. Check Pole Steeple are. Since moving I haven't hunted their in 4 or 5 years, now I live deer heaven of SE Pa. Let me know if you need any ideas. I can share more details via a PM if you want specifics or farms that are more friendly to hunters.

16-Oct-17
I have a DMAP for that area. I've never hunted it before either and will probably only get out there after I fill my 5B tags. Always fun to explore new stuff. Please keep posting to this thread about what you find out there and if you do hunt it, report out if you would. I would like to read about what you find.

• Sitka Gear