tompolaris 16-Oct-17
Buckstopshere 17-Oct-17
scentman 18-Oct-17
Centurion 21-Oct-17
Droptine10 22-Oct-17
scentman 24-Oct-17
Shawn 24-Oct-17
12-Oct-17
What scents or scent do you guys like use and when ?.

13-Oct-17

Buckstopshere 's embedded Photo
Zip-tied licking branches. I use them year-round. Near my best stands I make a bouquet.

15-Oct-17
No scent used with it ?.

16-Oct-17
I've had very good experiences using Tinks over the years. I don't expect to lure them in but it does distract/entertain them long enough for a shot I also use tarsal glands as a masking scent, hanging one on my back pack while hunting

16-Oct-17
for a test purpose I sprayed some fresh young buck urine on a scrape at edge of cut corn with a lick branch... couple hours later I watched from afar, a doe walks up to the scrape and is investigating, all the while a nice 8 pt. dominant buck is watching her from bout 100 yds. he watches her body language and immediately starts heading towards the scrape, he smells that buck urine and thrashes the branch and puts his mark in the ground all the while he is just beside himself in body language! I strictly use buck urine as it ticks the resident bucks off to the newcomer. The use of a new doe scent in a core area sometimes alerts the heard and puts bucks on alert... in my experience.

16-Oct-17
Droptine: Nope, not a drop. Just cut the licking branch off an unhuntable scrape and zip-tie it where you want a mock scrape...about four feet high.

16-Oct-17
I have yet to try that Oak, great idea. I have a doe on video peeing right in the scrape... is she ready? because 5 bucks are frequenting that scrape since Fri. By the way droptine, take some soil from the scrape for use in your mock scrape.

16-Oct-17
I only use a tarsal gland from a buck taken in another part of the country. I soak it in buck urine with a small piece of desented wash cloths in a zip lock bag and when I get about 100 yards from my stand, I drag the rag and gland along as I make my way to the stand.

I hang the tarsal gland on a limb within easy range and wait. More times than not, a buck will follow the scent trail doing his best beagle impersonation. He will walk right up to the gland and rub his nose and forehead all over it. It gives you several shot opportunities.

Ben Rogers Lee used to do this........ it truly works!

16-Oct-17
I stay with Tinks. A few years ago I watched an 8 pt. follow my scent exactly and I did a zig zag on purpose. Ended up with a prefect broadside shot. Have had a few other positive episodes as well.

17-Oct-17

Right now, the does are really hitting the scrapes...I watched them this morning...and I have it on multiple trail cams...the does set up the rut with their saliva on the overhanging branches. To some, it may look like the doe is just browsing...but they are doing something much more complicated...

18-Oct-17
yes sir, getting closer to Halloween and the first 2 weeks in Nov. should be fun... providing weather does it's part.

21-Oct-17
Southern ny the bucks seem to be rutting now, had a nice buck come by and I could smell him from 25yds away. Last week a couple of small bucks were harassing some does I think it will be an early one.

22-Oct-17
I only have a few spots to hunt this year and so far they are not looking good. Absolutely not buck sign.

24-Oct-17
my old timer buddy and I sitting on his back porch sipping some wine... out from the golden rod into the field a three yr old buck starts chasing everything in site, till this young white face Hereford left over from a herd sale... they left him behind... wants to play with mr. buck... that buck wants nothing to do with that 600 pound monster! Don't hunt deer near a 600 lb monster... they run!

24-Oct-17
I try and collect any urine I can from deer I kill. I also like Pete Rickards lures but have nt drove out to their place in a while. I have killed my last two really big bucks using a combo of Tinks in the new aerosal can and urine I collected from deer my friends or I have killed. I have always had great success doing drag rags and start using them the end of the first week of Nov or bit earlier if I see bucks trailing does. Shawn

• Sitka Gear