sitO 14-Nov-17
Rothern 15-Nov-17
LTG 11 15-Nov-17
crazyhawksfan 15-Nov-17
R.E.D. Ranch 15-Nov-17
13-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Been thinking about this for the last week or so, and I have an idea...

Since I'm tagged out, but have access to several spots and set stands to hunt from, I'm going to take some folks that may not have the same opportunities or places to go. All will have to agree to sign off on liability, to protect the landowners, but I'm thinking most would understand that.

I will also hunt some on my own in OK, and I'm going to chase Pronghorn at least one more time out West...but there are several days I'll want to be in a tree, and I'm hoping I can help at least one other to get a deer.

So, If you'd like to join me on a hunt or 2, and have a change of scenery, send me a PM(first come first serve). I have a hunt already lined up for Sunday afternoon with a guy I met here on BS, we'll introduce him then. The schedule will be a little "flighty" that's kinda my "MO" anyway...and no guarantee's...except that we'll have a good time. I live in Wichita, so keep that in mind, and have spots near Eureka/Harper/Argonia/Caldwell area's...spots will be determined by the wind and weather mainly.

P.S. These will be REAL hunts...I think you know what I mean ;?)

13-Oct-17
Well that is just pretty awesome.

13-Oct-17
See what killing a deer does for a guy!!! Awesome. Let me know when your in Eureka I'll buy lunch.

13-Oct-17
Are you day drinkin sit0

13-Oct-17
just kidden thats a cool deal to do for someone

13-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
I'm on it Plad!

We've got two so far...this should be fun! No deer is off limits...and I haven't named'm or trained'm

13-Oct-17
What an offer. PM sent.

13-Oct-17
Man I'm kicking myself so hard right now for not buying my lifetime license in Kansas before having to move back to Wyoming! You're a good man Sito and congratulations to the guys lucky enough to get invited on a hunt with him!

13-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Thanks but just a man Norman...who likes to hunt!

First venture is already set for tomorrow morning, don't bring any bourbon Mark!!

Here are a few deer we might see at this spot(all pics from this Summer), and you never know what will pass through here. We'll also shoot at any coyote, if you want...but not a cat...not yet ;?)

13-Oct-17
That’s very generous of you to give this opportunity to others.

13-Oct-17
I’m gonna have to drink to calm my nerves. Zero chance of sleeping tonight.

Seriously though, I really appreciate the opportunity. I’m very grateful. Looking forward to just learning from you. If a shot opportunity comes that’s aweosme, but that’s not the most important thing to me.

13-Oct-17
Great gesture, Kyle!

13-Oct-17
Wow....super offer!

That almost looks like a mulie rack in that first pic!

Chris

13-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
It's a WT, and the middle buck in that pick looks like he has a drop-tine...but he just injured his right G3 and it drooped before hardening.

This guy came through several years ago...so you just never know ;?)

14-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:31am...

We're in and ready to shoot...but wait, we have 36min before we can. Mark was early which was good as I had to take us to a different spot on account of the rain/lightning...

Hunting near Argonia on the Chikaskia, have only hunted this stand a couple times but cut it out this Summer and it should be decent.

Here we go

14-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:38am...

Had a doe blowing a little behind us right when we got in...she didn't smell us but I think she heard me setting the hang-on. She moved on quickly...haven't seen or heard anything else...could it be the dreaded "lull"?

14-Oct-17
9:03am...

Slooooow here.

I spotted two doe''s about 300yds S of us but headed away and in some really thick stuff, Mark couldn't see'm but I think he believes me

Wind is picking up as is the warmth...this stand will only get better

14-Oct-17
I think I know that spot:) Very nice of you to extend a warm welcome to some other folks Kyle....looking forward to some more updates when it cools down and a fellar can hunt without sweating to death!!

14-Oct-17
Careful on the invitation. I smell a trap!

14-Oct-17
It was a trap. He had me filling feeders all day.

I kid of course. It was a great sit. I had a great time seeing someone else’s strategies. I appreciated him taking me out and letting me fire off 1000 questions.

15-Oct-17
Great opportunity to learn Kybourbon.

15-Oct-17
Not sure he learned anything worthwhile, but we had a good time for sure. The hunt itself was kind of a dud, but you never know what will show this time of year...not gonna get anything on the couch right ;?)

DSS, KYBourbon, and I are going to give another spot a shot this evening...hoping this little cool snap has them on their feet early for dinner!

15-Oct-17
Haven't been on bowsite in quite some time. They changed permissions and filters at work so my lunch time reading has gone away. I hate getting on the computer once I get home and typically don't ever spend time on the Internet on my phone.

Ran across this thread after accepting an invitation to hunt with Kyle after I sent him a picture of the doe I took last week.

I am super excited for this opportunity this evening. It has been quite some time since I have had a change of scenery and I am really looking forward to it!

15-Oct-17
Good luck men!

15-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
4:21pm...

Thanks Frank, we're set up in two different trees and good to go. I had a little trouble getting the hang on set...Derrick laughed at me

Hunting near Attica tonight, hoping they'll filter out of the timber N of us towards the feed fields. The field to our West is usually wheat, but he put in cover crop this time...all smiles!

Wind is NNW and 10mph or less, temp in mid 60's...finally a little cooler.

May not see anything, but way way better than watching the N"F"L

15-Oct-17

Dss's embedded Photo
Dss's embedded Photo
Dss's embedded Photo
Dss's embedded Photo
Dss's embedded Photo
Dss's embedded Photo
Dss's embedded Photo
Dss's embedded Photo
Change of scenery for me is awesome!

15-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
5:51pm...

So far we've seen one squirrel, 3 Katydid's, and one very noise tractor

Mark says he rattled lightly at around 5, and had something come in behind him, but didn't see it well enough to tell what it was... didn't stick around long

15-Oct-17
6:46pm...

Mark just had 5 doe''s come through, he's already got one in the freezer so he passed for tonight.

We're still at zero on our end

15-Oct-17
7:44pm...

We're out... beautiful sunset ;?) Nothing died

17-Oct-17
Did u say he had u filling feeders??? Lol

17-Oct-17
How do you think I got that buck so early? If ya ain't cheatin ya ain't tryin right?

C'mon man

17-Oct-17
Knew you wouldn't miss out on the season tagging your buck early. Good on ya for taking others out. Am looking forward to 2 weeks from Thursday when I get to get started finally.

17-Oct-17
Good luck Randy! I'm still gonna try to make it up for a hunt or two...maybe we can go across the river ;?)

18-Oct-17
Its great to see you sharing the hunt with others. Just another reason why you were chosen as Bowhunter of the Year. Most guys wouldn't even tell the county they are hunting in and you are taking guys to hunt your spots from your stands. Of course you have done this in the past by taking guys to hunt with you while you were hunting but not many others would take guys to hunt their stands while they sat and watched. Great job Kyle!!

18-Oct-17
Plan on it Kyle, we can go any day thru the 29th, will be going out West for t-day though.

20-Oct-17
I'm usually the guy on the giving end of things. Having hunted primarily the same two tracts of land for the last 17 years, being on the receiving end of something like this is outstanding. Kyle is genuinely a great guy!

22-Oct-17
Thanks Derrick, I'm back in town and Mark(KYBourbon) and I are going out this afternoon to try the stand I killed my buck out of. It's in a bad cell area so probably won't be able to post much...I'm sure everyone will live ;?)

There are a couple of other good bucks down there, so hopefully they're still working over that alfalfa...we shall see.

22-Oct-17
Good luck we are in stands. However somebody is having fun with their iron about 500 yards due north of me.

22-Oct-17
6:14pm...

Good luck to you and the crew Matte! We got into the stand at about 4:15, owls... coyotes...and quail sounding off early.

Just had five doe's/yearlings go by, but not in range. Hate to say it but we need a little wind for cover...it's WSW and very light.

22-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
8'19pm...

The doe''s surrounded us and finally one picked us off...it was a "blow and go" from there.

22-Oct-17
Couldn’t have asked for a better sit. Owls, coyotes, quail, armadillo, skunk and plenty of deer. Mother Nature out on a show for us. Great time!

22-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Had'm close...maybe too close ;?)

23-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:06pm...

Needed to get out from behind the emailer so I made a run to Argonia. By myself tonight, might shoot a doe if the conditions are perfect...mainly just needed to be "out of doors"

Hunted this spot once real early, not expecting much but I know there's a bunch of doe''s here and the landowner would like less

Freshly planted wheat out front, and then behind me here there's beans. Wind is still pretty stiff NNW@15-20+ gusts and it's in the mid 60's...let's see what we see

23-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:39pm...

Two doe''s and a fawn at the mile long salad bar...they're out there trust me

23-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:48pm...

Three doe''s and two fawns out behind me on beans...two doe''s out front on the wheat but a LONG ways out

23-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:11pm...

Lost the West in my wind... matriarch behind picked me up and came a lookin...

She brought the gang with her...got into range...and then blew

Shoulda kilt'r...#trainwreck

23-Oct-17
Too bad you couldn’t connect.

My boss kept me at work till 4. They don’t understand its hunting season.

28-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Mark and I are headed back to the Caldwell property again this morning. Got my buddy Justin on his way to another spot near Attica...thinking something will die today...

I sat one of my spots near Argonia last night...Had this guy and a spike under me for 30min...saw 8 doe''s too.

He worked a scrape, did a half-a$$ snort wheeze and then dogged one of the doe''s for a bit...it's a comin!

28-Oct-17
7:07...

Set up and ready to stick somethin stinky...this hang-on does not work so well in all trees, I'll post a pick later but I'm most likely going to have scoliosis after this hunt

28-Oct-17
Is it worse than the masterpiece we hung on the north end of Caldwell:) Y'all kill something.....,been like what,a month...lol

28-Oct-17
7:48am...

It's that exact tree Shane, I moved the ladder over and I'm hangin where it was...not awesome

We had three doe's skirt us to the N about 15min ago. Just now a young 8 came out and followed their trail...Mark grunted at him and he looked our way, but they smelled better than we sounded I reckon

28-Oct-17
Today's the day Mark!!

28-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
8:46am...

Things have slowed down a bit...so how'bout some landscape pics mmmmkay?

Got the HUD out this morning...doesn't seem to be working like a corn pile lol

28-Oct-17
Spray it with corn perfume?

Good luck to you, i dont think they are gonna lay down all day..

28-Oct-17
I'm assuming non-GMO corn perfume

29-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:40am...

There will be no perfume on our hunts Lord ;?)

We never saw another deer yesterday morning, but I sent Mark to another spot for the evening hunt and he saw a couple including a buck in range...just not what he was looking for.

In early this morning, brought the full body decoy and it's set up out front. Hunting a farm near Argonia...haven't been in here yet this year. Wind is supposed to be SW but it's virtually non-existent at this point...around 35deg

Some pics from yesterday,...my back breaker stand...a fresh scrape...and then Mark caught off guard by a "lightning strike" this morning...striking a pose lol

29-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
8:31am...

Had a little forky come in behind us early, but got into our wind(which is all over the place right now), and trotted back East.

Ten minutes later this yote actually came to the decoy and we had a swing and a miss. Now we're surrounded by Angus...they ain't supposed to be here this late

29-Oct-17
Good luck Kyle & Mark. Dont like the wind this am at all so im in the gym this morning.. gonna set a stand about 1pm to be in position this evening to see if "1000 words" shows up. Wind is supposed to pick up this afternoon.

29-Oct-17
Hope you get a shot at that brute Brian!

29-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
10:59am...

Still on stand, have had four bucks come by this morning...and this was the biggest?

2 words

29-Oct-17
2 words..lol..

i'm letting the stands rest for another 5 days.. then im gonna hit it hard

29-Oct-17
11:21pm...

Probably not a bad idea bud! We just had a 2/3yr old 8 coming in but guess what the wind did?

Counterclockwise swirl...it involves a knuckle ;?)

29-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
12:50pm...

We just got down and Mark found different sign on that arrow...short trail and his first coyote with a bow!

I got a little video, will post later if worth a darn.

29-Oct-17
boo--yah, thats what i'm talking about. love it... bows and yotes all day long

29-Oct-17
Good job Mark!

29-Oct-17
Nice job Mark! Congratulations!

29-Oct-17

29-Oct-17
Haha sweet! Love shooting them

29-Oct-17
I’m glad you got my good side with the “lightning strike”. I’m doing that to every person I’m out with in the dark.

Most fun day of hunting I’ve had in recent memory. Action packed all day.

Ignore the “missed him” after the shot. Haha.

31-Oct-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Sat a stand near Argonia tonight...the one I took Mark to on the first hunt and we saw only two doe's. Tonight was all together different.

Had 20 deer out front on the new wheat at one time, two small bucks and the rest were doe''s. The little guys were chasing them all.

Oh yea...and a pretty killer sunset

31-Oct-17
Good stuff here, as usual. Thanks!

31-Oct-17
Looks awesome. Action packed.

These 12hr night shifts are for the birds. Missing a whole week of hunting.

03-Nov-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
4:35pm...

"Backed outta work" a little early this afternoon...gonna see if I can get some footage or stick a doe, er even better a coyote tonight.

Over around Attica, new scrapes and a rub or two. Cover crop planted on what's usually wheat and they've been hard on it already

How many deer do you see in this last picture?

03-Nov-17
"Cover crop on what is usually wheat". Does that mean now there is NO crop? Does not happen where I live. Cover crop means?

03-Nov-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
See link Dave

This'n is a mix of turnips/radishes I believe...I'm no farmer but I did grow a pretty decent garden this Summer ;?)

03-Nov-17

sitO's Link
Whoops...forgot link, here ya go

03-Nov-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
5:47pm

Single WT female on her feet out there in the plum thickets...you can't see her, but I can

03-Nov-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Is that you Dad?

03-Nov-17
Around my MO farm last year a number of Farmers used radishes for a cover crops and to help loosen the soil. GL out there.

05-Nov-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:23am...

Marky Mark and I are sittin the Caldwell spot again this morning. We got in early and have the full body deke out front,

Upper forties as a high, wind NNW and very light right now, but should pick up with gusts to 20+ this afternoon.

Have a good feeling about today...but that's the same as everyday

05-Nov-17
7:38am...

One doe, and a forky so far...we have one direction to go

05-Nov-17
Today's the day Mark!

05-Nov-17
Good luck guys.

05-Nov-17
12:14pm...

Soul crushing! Saw nothing else, trying a different spot tonight

05-Nov-17
Saw 4 deer this morning 2 of which were a fork chasing a doe right under my stand. The other 2 were 2ish year old 8 pointers.

05-Nov-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
4:41pm...

We packed up the road show and drove all the way to Neal KS. Haven't hunted this farm yet this year, but picked up a few good bucks in velvet when I checked the camera a month or so ago.

Mark's in the river stand, and just rattled in a young 8. I'm in an observation stand... and I've got a guy working fence and a black & white border collie running through the woods over here...it's everything I'd hoped for

Wind is straight out of the N now and gusty, hoping something good comes his way

05-Nov-17
We're on the way back, Mark had an encounter...I'll let him explain ;?)

05-Nov-17
Sigh. Where to begin...I’ll try to keep the short. No promises.

I learned today a rattle bag sounds nothing like actual bone. Kyle lent me his horns and sent me to the stand. I’d never used the real thing and felt like a “special” person beating them together. Imagine lightning strike photo above with horns. Did the best I could. Within 30 seconds of putting the horns down a young 8 came charging in at me grunting. Pretty cool.

He eventually wonders off. Wait an hour or so, rattle again. During the sequence I see a deer coming. Spike. Pretty cool again. So far I’m 100% at rattling. Should probably quit now.

05-Nov-17

KYBourbon's embedded Photo
KYBourbon's embedded Photo
Now for the exciting part. 10 mins before sunset “not shooting light”. I Buck appears in front of me. He looks cool, but I don’t think he’s a shooter at the moment.

Watched him feed for 20 mins. He keeps getting closer. I start to see some cool characteristics. Small kicker on the left side. Crab claw on the right.

I’m still just watching. He’s still coming. He starts getting close and I see he’s fairly wide. Finally pick bow up. He stops broadside at 18 yards. Decision time...

I don’t draw. Let him walk. I think he’s young. Describe him to Kyle. He laughs at me. Shows me pic...

I kickself in the ass repeatedly. The end.

05-Nov-17
Idk how to rotate. (Or age deer)

Keep in mind that I hunt public. I’ve never encountered this size of deer.

What was I thinking?

05-Nov-17
Lol. Love your writing style. Yeah. You'll be kicking yourself for passing that one up for awhile.

Maybe next year he will be big enough for kyle?

06-Nov-17
I think letting a deer like that walk is a great testament to the respect you have for both Kyle and the opportunity to hunt his spots. I would like to think you will be rewarded for that. Stay with it!

06-Nov-17
There will be other opportunities so don't beat yourself up buddy! I've told Mark and everyone else that has ever hunted with me "no deer is off limits", even when I was still holding a tag. I don't hunt farms that are large enough to have what I would consider "resident" bucks...in fact I doubt anyone here does. During the rut a buck can and will travel up to 7mi or more. You'd have to be on a "UGE" ranch for that to be the case.

Mark and I talked a lot about his encounter last night, on the way back to El Dorado to get his truck. When the buck first came out he didn't "feel it"...nor did he grab for his bow. That's the trigger for me, doesn't happen a lot but when I see "him" I know "him" and I think Mark feels the same. It's a great buck, absolutely nothing wrong with taking him or passing him...it's your tag and nobody gets to "tell" you.

So with all that said, I'm going to post a couple other pics of this buck...and I'd like guesses on his age from you guys...I know what I think, and I know what a couple of others think as well...what say you?

06-Nov-17

06-Nov-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
How old?

06-Nov-17
Got that drop belly i always look for nice deer 3.5 to 4 id say

06-Nov-17
Hmm. Not so educated guess here but I'm saying 3.5.

Rack is big but lacks mass. Maybe this is genetic and has nothing to do with age?

Body is filled out but still lacks that really boxy shape I've seen in what I assume are real old bucks.

I dunno. Curious to hear conflicting opinions if I'm off the mark.

06-Nov-17
Three and eleven sixteenths if he's a day.

06-Nov-17
I knew you'd bring some HEAT Dave ;)

06-Nov-17
I'd have to guess real close to 4. Heavy looking deer he's purty! Cant say I'd have passed him.

06-Nov-17
I'd have to guess real close to 4. Heavy looking deer he's purty! Cant say I'd have passed him.

06-Nov-17
3-4 yr old

06-Nov-17
3 1/2......lack of mass makes it hard for me to get him much past that.

06-Nov-17
3 1/2. Legs still look long.. nice deer

06-Nov-17
I absolutely have the utmost respect for Kyle. He’s been more generous that I could explain. I’m sure you guys who know him personally would agree. I’ve gained so much knowledge and experience from him in a short time. It’s so rare for people to even talk about their spots in detail, much less take a complete stranger and let him hunt. It’s been a great experience.

He and I talked the morning we met about what I was looking for. He gave me the green light to shoot any deer I wanted. In retrospect he might regret that because he keeps taking me and I won’t shoot. I know he’s gotta be thinking “I wish this idiot would shoot so I can get on with my life”

It’s been the best season I’ve ever had, doesn’t matter if I shoot one or not.

Btw, thought about that deer ALL DAY.

06-Nov-17
This is my life Mark, how sad is that lol?

Appreciate the kind words, but quit worrying about it...you get to hunt again bud! BTW I think that buck is over 5yrs old, and that he's on the way down, but I have nothing to prove it. Keep in mind that all deer look like they have less "mass" in night-time pics, at least that's been my experience.

Sat a spot tonight I'd been skunked from twice already this year. I didn't climb in until 4pm and immediately had a wide big bodied buck running N>S across the CRP out front. My wind was good, he was seeking, and I tried everything I had including rattling but he didn't even look up. I watched him dip into a creek bed and then I saw another big bodied buck in there with him? I never saw a doe, but could see them walking around through the tree's.

I rattled several times and hammered on the grunt call but they were not interested? About 45min later another younger buck started down the same trail but from the opposite direction. I grunted, he stopped and looked...am positive he saw the decoy...but he just kept going? Goes to show you that you just never know what to expect or how any wild animal will react...cain't train'm without sustenance ;?)

06-Nov-17
sitO I know you hunt over decoy a lot more than anyone I know so whats your thoughts and others as well on using it later say week of turkey day would you use it as buck or doe . Reason asking is taking my son up that week just tryn to improve his odds . Thanks

07-Nov-17
It can be hit and miss, depends on the demeanor of each deer...but when it works it's pretty cool. I have only used buck decoys so I can't speak to the differences. Tons of threads and info here and on main forum discussing set ups and theories, just Google. I would try it, good luck to you and your son!

12-Nov-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
I took yesterday fir the annual Pheasant opener, but sent Mark to one of my spots and had an exciting day!

No shots fired on his end...so we're headed towards Caldwell this morning to see what's moving down there. Hot doe''s here and there...right place right time...and hopefully that's the place today!

12-Nov-17
8:39am...

Three "mini-bucks" and three doe's here so far...wind is screwy, thinkin we need to move but gonna hang on a little longer

Did I mention yet this year that I hate weatherpeople?

13-Nov-17
I'm a little slow posting this, but better late than never!

I received a text last night from my buddy Justin who was sitting a 2man stand on one of my spots with his youngest son. They were on the edge of the "cover crop" and had several deer come out at sundown. Justin had his full body decoy out, and the last deer to enter was a good 10pt who went straight to the deke...all bristled up and ready for a fight.

Justin stopped him at 17yds and took a barely quartering too broadside shot. The shot looked good but his 10yr old son said that the arrow was still in him as he exited the field. Justin saw him walking behind the stand headed into some thick CRP but very labored and moving very slowly.

He waited about an hour and then went to the spot the buck had entered the grass and found a decent amount of blood and followed it about 20yds, but no arrow. We talked and I decided to head out and see if we could find him, picking up Justin's other son on the way.

The blood trail was really pretty good for the first 100yds, the boys were leading us and it was a hoot listening to them on the trail. Blood started dissipating as we progressed, there were no "beds", and we went another 100yds before we completely lost it. At this point it was almost 9pm and I told them that we really just needed to back out...I feared he wasn't dead yet and that we would bump him...we left

13-Nov-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
I couldn't help this morning but Mark(KYBourbon) had taken some time off to hunt this week and offered to go. The boys got a "stay home" day and the four guys headed out at 8am to look again.

I got the text at 8:30..."FOUND" and above is the result. He had gone another 100yds or so, but not in the direction I'd have guessed...glad we waited and the coyotes didn't find him either!

Great buck and pretty awesome having one of the boys there to experience the hunt, and both the recovery...congrats bud you are one lucky son of a gun ;?)

P.S. Thanks Mark for another sacrifice!

14-Nov-17
Fantastic, congrats!

14-Nov-17
Awesome congrats to the lucky hunters

14-Nov-17
Great story and a great deer. Congratulations!!

14-Nov-17
Congrats! Keep them kiddos involved!! They are the future of our hunting heritage!!!

14-Nov-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Thanks gentlemen, and Justin says thanks too...he can't remember his "login" here...I think he's still all flustered ;?)

The buck is even better than I thought...has a split G3 on the left, and a little sticker/kicker whatever you want to call it on the right G3 which is over an inch. His wife already has a spot picked out on the wall for the buck, and the kids were telling stories all day at school!

15-Nov-17
Ok got all the pins and log-in's figured out. Thought I was logging into the Fort Knox for a second. Thanks guys for all the congrats. The part I'm going to cherish the most is that my kids were able to enjoy with me. I had my youngest in the stand with me. We saw a lot of action prior to this buck coming in and each time I had a deer in range, I had to explain why I wasn't shooting them or even grabbing my bow. Talk about 1000 questions. When this buck came in, Carson did exactly what we talked about when deer are around. After the shot and when the buck was walking away, and after all the "high Fives", he looked at me and said "Dad, why were you shaking so much?" These are the things I'm never going to forget. My oldest was able to be apart of it when Kyle brought him out to help track him Sunday night. When I called my wife to get Easton (my oldest) ready to help me look, he immediately ran through the house looking for every flashlight in the house and every knife he ever owned. After the blood trail went dry and the difficult decision was made to stop and start in the morning, I knew I wanted them with me when we found it. I had to convince the wife to let the kids stay home from school and continue the search. We discussed it and when we broke the news to them it was like Christmas. I was never taught deer tracking in public schools and this would be a great opportunity to be in the woods. Today dad was the teacher. Long story short, Monday morning we started our first 4 wide sweep of the direction we thought the deer to be going and were making the turn for the second, when my oldest yells out "He's right here". Couldn't have ended any better, My youngest was in the stand with me and my oldest was able to say he found it. This will be the first deer I have mounted, and I guarantee every time I, or my sons walk by it, they are going to think of this great experience and I believe that is why we do it. Big thanks to Mark(KYBourbon) for helping me search and drag it out Monday morning. Also thanks for stopping by and helping me process it. Couldn't have done it without you. And a big thanks to Kyle. Never met a guy that is more generous and willing to drop everything and help.

15-Nov-17
This is fantastic in so many ways.... Great buck, Justin!

15-Nov-17
Awesome story man! Something to aspire to right there!

15-Nov-17
Awesome story, thus is what it's all about! You'll never catch this side from the big wig outfits or the media. Awesome! !!!

• Sitka Gear