cwater 18-Oct-17
killinstuff 18-Oct-17
cwater 17-Nov-17
17-Oct-17

cwater's embedded Photo
11 footer!
cwater's embedded Photo
11 footer!
I know this is not "bow" related ( because i shot it with a .22), but we are going to turn it that way! The ol' lady and I went on a gator hunt down in Louisiana at the first of September and got lucky enough to nab a giant! Unfortunately i did NOT tag it with a bow, but plan on going back down in two years to take my kid, and to hopefully harvest one with my bow! Has anyone on here attempted to shoot a gator with a bow!? Just curious on your setup if you have! Attaching a few pics to show this bad boy off!

17-Oct-17

cwater's embedded Photo
cwater's embedded Photo

17-Oct-17

cwater's embedded Photo
cwater's embedded Photo

17-Oct-17
Cool! Bucket list for sure, congrats!

17-Oct-17
^^^ was a rush no doubt...if you ever get the opportunity to go DO IT!

17-Oct-17
Son and a buddy of his went a few years back. Both got gators in the 7 foot range. At that time the bigger gators seemed spooky and it was hard to get in range of them for an arrow.

18-Oct-17
Lots of good eating. Congrats

18-Oct-17
Awesome man! If you don't mind me asking, what did the license and tag cost? Any guide recommendations? I would love to get down there some day and do this, congrats!

18-Oct-17
if you can find someone to go with you can get a helpers license/ tag and its only $150 bucks! I think Florida is only $50, but not 100% sure on that. Can't help you on a guide, as i went with a good ol boy down there and just bypassed the whole guide thing. The guy i went with has lived there 65 years and said that was the biggest headed gator he has ever killed! Its finding its way to the taxidermist for a head mount! I have some footage some where ill see if i cant get it posted, adrenaline rush like no other!

18-Oct-17
Most guys that bow hunt gators use a heavy fish arrow attached to a heavy line and a big float tied to the line. Shoot gator, it takes of and you follow the float. Then try to pull the rascal up close so you can kill it with a bang stick or gun.

But a fella who goes by Buff on Leatherwall posted his gator hunt a number of years back and he killed his animal about with his buddy was casting a huge topwater bait (12"-15" swim bait, no hooks) and luring the gator up on to shore close to a blind Buff was hiding behind when he got the first arrow into it. His buddy had heavy saltwater gear and would fling that bait out as far as he could and just work it back like it was a giant bass bait. Gator followed it up on to shore as the buddy kept making it jump around. Pretty cool video.

17-Nov-17

cwater's Link
to everyone who said gator was on their bucket list... i finally got around to throwing this some video together! Still ready to go back and get one with my bow!

• Sitka Gear