Jaquomo 27-Oct-17
PTaft 28-Oct-17
loopmtz 30-Oct-17
lov2hnt 30-Oct-17
JohnMC 30-Oct-17
Mathewsshootr2 31-Oct-17
Mathewsshootr2 31-Oct-17
19-Oct-17
Anyone been in the river bottoms out east hunting whitetail? I know it’s been hot and wondering if there is any movement?

19-Oct-17
Anyone been in the river bottoms out east hunting whitetail? I know it’s been hot and wondering if there is any movement?

19-Oct-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Oct 21 2016, buck following doe
Oct 21 2016, buck following doe
River bottom buck killed on Nov 20, 2016
River bottom buck killed on Nov 20, 2016
Colorado River bottom buck killed Nov 4th, the day after the rifle deer season. Came in to a buck decoy.
Colorado River bottom buck killed Nov 4th, the day after the rifle deer season. Came in to a buck decoy.
lots of corn still up. I was mentoring a new bow hunter last weekend along the river and saw a young 4p chasing a doe, (much too early) and later in the day, saw him antler rubbing. My experience, while one can surely kill a buck early, early Nov seem to be the best time for activity.

19-Oct-17
Saw a boatload of does and fawns last week, but it's still pretty hot and buggy. Didn't see a single buck, like Paul said, lots of corn still standing, hopefully this super dry weather we are having dries it out quick and they get it cut!

19-Oct-17
Haha. Was out with a doe tag last week, saw a bunch of bucks. All still in bachelor groups as were the mulies

19-Oct-17
I’m heading out tomorrow and am going to try and brave the bugs. Hopefully the weather change will help mix things up!

20-Oct-17
Hey Paul, who made the one piece recurve your shooting? Nice looking bow.

Wap

20-Oct-17

Jack, it is a Great Plains 55# bow out of Texas. I won it at the CBA Jamboree in a drawing 8 years ago. $900 value. Killed a couple of deer and turkeys with it. Hope to add on to my deer score in Nebraska in the next few weeks. Paul

20-Oct-17
They are moving really well on Boulder creek by my house. Still in bachelor groups, however. 40 degree High to low temp drop tonight with a 20 degree in high temp tomorrow = good morning and day to hunt!!

20-Oct-17
I was out last Saturday. Some corn is being cut. I had a doe tag & was 40yds from a small 6 point making a scrape. Watched him for about 10 minutes. Saw a few other scrapes around. Saw two other bucks & the one one doe I saw hauling a** when I jumped her in some tall grass. Too many ML's out there & the wind was whipping 50 plus MPH, so I didn't stay the whole weekend. Good luck to you this weekend.

20-Oct-17
I was out for two days this week. Saw fair amount of does and fawns, just one small buck in 4 sits. Man was it warm. Trail camera's picking up bucks...in the dark.

21-Oct-17
Went out today and it was 83 degrees. I haven’t drawn a tag for 2 years and my spot has changed a ton! I had to make a trail about a 1/4 mile to get to my spot through overgrown tumble weeds. I thought that was a good thing that no one had been in there, but found 2 freshly killed dear remains not a 100yds from my stand......I asked around to see if there have been any mountain lion sightings in the area and the answer was yes....not sure what to think. Anyway I’ll be back at it in the AM. Good luck to all!

24-Oct-17
I'm considering braving the wind thursday out east. Has anyone been out in the last few days and seen if the bucks have at least split up yet and started getting interested in the girls?

24-Oct-17
Friday should be interesting at the tail end of that cold front! Should be moving.

24-Oct-17
I'm hunting tomorrow from treestand and Thursday is supposed to be windy so I might try from the ground, wish I could hunt Friday but that stupid work thing is killing me

24-Oct-17
Well after further self debate I'm waiting till next month, don't want to deal with hot weather tomorrow and wind Thursday! That's the one thing I look forward to with deer hunting is cold weather and tomorrow isn't that!

25-Oct-17
Looks like a good chance of cold weather and snow next week. Could really create movement. I've noticed several new rubs and scrapes over the past week. It's about to go down!

25-Oct-17
How many points does it take to hunt in those eastern plains units? I'm gonna give Nebraska a go this year, but would love an eastern plains whitetail in the next couple years.

25-Oct-17
I'm hunting 109 on Nov 8th. Is this that area or are you talking a diff GMU?

25-Oct-17
Points typically isn't the issue for hunting the plains units, it's access. There's virtually no public ground.

25-Oct-17
Agreed. I saw my first whitetail, here in Douglas county ( mule deer country), many years back. Access is the key. I can shoot a white tail almost any night (family ground) . It just MIGHT not be legal. 'Not worth the chance if you ask me.

26-Oct-17
Lots of guys driving around east of I-25 with tags and no place to hunt. The units with public access take a few points. The units with no access are 0-1 point.

Surrounding states are a better bet because there is walk-in access all over.

26-Oct-17
What Lou said

26-Oct-17
I own and lease 600 Acres out east no public can draw every other year and a voucher in 4 years see alot of guys with no place to Hunt when the the season starts

26-Oct-17

KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
Was out Monday through Wednesday morning. Rutting activity was only seen by the smaller guys. Here are a few shots of the smaller guys. The larger of these bucks wasn't too interested as he watched two does walk right on by.

27-Oct-17
They were sure moving last night! I used a breeding grunt and estrus doe bleats to bring in a really nice 4X4 to 6 yards. I didn't use my bow to kill him, but I did shoot him with my .270! Great times. The bigger drop-tine buck did not follow him but I'm saving him for my daughter anyway.

27-Oct-17
I did not think the eastern plains rifle opened until tomorrow?

27-Oct-17
John, it doesn't open until the 28th.

Maybe that special "landowner season" that runs year round and you don't even need a license?

27-Oct-17
Lou you know I am from Oklahoma. So I am very familiar with that season. I am going to assume he is talking way east as in another state or got east confused with west and is hunting second rifle.

27-Oct-17

Big-Al's embedded Photo
Big-Al's embedded Photo
Unit 20 PLO tag. Season started last weekend and goes til Nov. 30th. Unit 20 is bordered by I-25 to the east and my property is about 5 miles west of I-25. There are incredible WT opportunities along the front-strange, I mean front-range.

27-Oct-17
Oh yeah, great buck! When I lived west of I-25 on the Poudre there weren't deer in the '80s. Now there are slammer whitetails all along there.

28-Oct-17
Some great intel on here, thanks guys. Glad I didn't go out the last two days then. Should be on by the start of the next split.

30-Oct-17
Nice Big-Al!

30-Oct-17
anybody out in 109 know if the corn is down yet?

30-Oct-17
I was out in NE pheasant hunting this weekend. Most corn was still up there back into CO to the front range. They are cutting but vast majority has not been cut. Wray is as close to 109 that I got.

31-Oct-17
I have a hunter in 109 most corn is up still our corn is cut but it was.hail damage

31-Oct-17
I have a hunter in 109 most corn is up still our corn is cut but it was.hail damage

• Sitka Gear