JayD 07-Nov-17
Rutbuster 07-Nov-17
JayD 07-Nov-17
Treestalker03 08-Nov-17
pawpaw 08-Nov-17
hookman 08-Nov-17
Bowhunter01 14-Nov-17
22-Oct-17
I haven't seen any chasing yet, and very little daytime activity. Is this the "lull"?

22-Oct-17
I've hunted Friday ,Saturday and Sunday morning and saw a total of 2 deer . Lull not sure , but the fun should begin about Halloween .

22-Oct-17
I have been seeing some deer but nothing over 140

22-Oct-17
Several fresh scrapes around the house. I haven't been out yet but the cameras show that the bucks are starting to move around mostly on really cool mornings.

22-Oct-17
Saw 4 bucks and 6 scrapes yesterday. Shot an 8 pt. at 8:00AM. There seemed to be pretty good movement early where I was.

22-Oct-17
I saw 9 deer Saturday morning before 9:30. None I know were bucks but, I only know what 4 of them were for sure. Only three of those does are left. :^) 2 I'm pretty sure were bucks but, they could of had elk racks and I wouldn't have been able to confirm that. I just caught glimpses of them moving up the mountain. However, I did find my first half hearted scrape this morning. But, I've been seeing rubs with earnest for two weeks.

23-Oct-17
congrats Lil Bear

23-Oct-17
a 3pt ran out in front of my truck on road below farm. I chased him off the road and back into the field

23-Oct-17
Saturday morning I had two spikes sparring underneath my tree. After the bigger one ran the little one off, he started chasing does. I think it's about to pick up.

23-Oct-17
Was it a trophy 3 point?

23-Oct-17
I saw 4 bucks Friday morning but no doe. I hit grunt tube when I saw last buck to see what his reaction would be. He was interested until he circled down wind of me. I have only found a few scrapes and hand full of rubs.

23-Oct-17
Congrats Ed. Way to go! How about some pics.

24-Oct-17
On the way home from work yesterday, I saw an eight point chase a group of does across the road. He hesitated when he saw my truck, but he wasn't going to let my little truck keep him away from those does. I'm not seeing very many scrapes or rubs though.

24-Oct-17
To you or me JR? :^)

26-Oct-17
Way to go Ed. Good start to the season.

26-Oct-17
Found my first rub Saturday and then saw 12 deer on Monday evening here in Jefferson county with 5 being bucks. 2 spikes a 3 point, 4 point and a decent 8 point. Watched the spike rub a sapling for 5 mins. I have not seen any scrapes or chasing yet.

26-Oct-17
The trail cameras are finally starting to show some day time movement.

28-Oct-17
5 huge scrapes in about a hundred yard line. They are starting guys.

30-Oct-17
My buddy killed a 160" plus in Raleigh county today. It's starting

31-Oct-17
Very slow here in Putnam .

02-Nov-17
At about 09:45 am I spotted a doe working up the hill and a couple minutes later another deer followed her up the hill. I guessed it to be a buck from the way it acted. Got my grunt tube and give him about 4 grunts. Figuring they had went on to top of ridge I did not expect what happened. Here he came running right at me full bore. As I grabbed my bow and raised up he spotted me on a dead run. Game up. Another lesson learned, be ready at any time.

03-Nov-17

Bowhunter01's embedded Photo
Bowhunter01's embedded Photo
I've hunted alot in Wyoming county. But have not seen any chasing. Actually have a 6 point and 9 point still together. Found scrapes and rubs for past month. My buddy killed a 8 point checking the scrape. Where y'all from?

03-Nov-17
I hunted this morning and this evening and no movement today. Too warm I guess. It was 70 today.

03-Nov-17
I'm going in morning pressure will be good. We're you all hunt?

05-Nov-17
Hunted all day yesterday and saw 1 small doe. Resting today with family. Supposed to rain Monday and Tuesday, hope not too much.

06-Nov-17
Lots of scrapes in Mingo, but no chasing or cruising activity.

06-Nov-17
Several small bucks dogging several does this evening. Hoping cooler temps will get the big boys moving in the morning

07-Nov-17
Theu are chasing this morning big time - have seen 3 very nice bucks already, 3 little baskets and a doe wiith 3 button bucks! She got a pass even though she was huge!

07-Nov-17
I would have shot her, increase chance for buttons to stay around rather than displace.

07-Nov-17
Well i thought of that but than i thought the old girl did a heck of job because they looked very chubby and healthy. Plus - the big boys were running pretty good this morning. I saw 5 very nice bucks today and 4 little basket racks. Great morning - a nice ten ran by at 20 yards chasing a doe and i couldnt get him to stop.

07-Nov-17
Good day!

07-Nov-17
And then the rains came.....

07-Nov-17
Look out! Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday should be great hunting days and I expect some big bucks to be killed in WV.

07-Nov-17
They were very vocal this morning as well. Raining a little too much here this evening but will be out early tomorrow!

08-Nov-17
I hunt kanawha county and havent had any action yet. I'm trying to decide rather to take off work Friday or Monday to see the best rut activity any insight?

08-Nov-17
They were chasing Monday and are this morning as well. I think the weather looks good through the beginning of next week. I plan on sitting all day the rest of this week .... If I have too.

08-Nov-17
I after I got out of stand today I walked around the ridge to a hollow that comes down where 4 draws come down and sat down on a log and did a series of buck grunts and doe bleats. About 10 minutes looked behind me and there stood 4 does looking around. Could not move to get a shot as they were within 15 yards. After 5 minutes they went back down the hill. With the wet ground and wind did not see or hear them come in. I have to take a doe now before another buck.

14-Nov-17
I just hunted Ohio county wv Wednesday threw Sunday and the bucks was not moving like I thought they would on that front that came in. Seen little action but i believe now till Monday gonna be great. Had 6 different bucks on camera when I checked them back in Wyoming county so there moving just not hard at it where I am.

• Sitka Gear