GetEmDrake 11-Nov-17
Mint 13-Nov-17
drslyr 13-Nov-17
bow shot 16-Nov-17
XbowfromNY 22-Nov-17
KC 22-Nov-17
Shawn 24-Nov-17
29-Oct-17
pretty awful weather here on LI right now, but with halloween a few days away, and the calm after the storm, things should start really picking up. Post it up if you're seeing chasing etc!

29-Oct-17

GetEmDrake's embedded Photo
Oh ya its on in the Finger Lakes! I have some chasing on the cams, my buddy saw two bucks chasing a doe in his yard and I have new bucks showing up on camera. All I don't have is time to hunt!

29-Oct-17
Hunted East End of L.I. yesterday. Never saw deer going crazy like that...pre rut or whatever. Game on. Mad Dog

29-Oct-17
I hunted LI too and saw a buck at last light and no chasing going on but scrapes are starting to be worked. You must have had a doe come in early by you.

29-Oct-17
Yup. Hit her at 714am. Buck came 30 mins later. That's some deer, Drake. I spent many summers on Lake Keuka. What a great area. Mad Dog

30-Oct-17
They're moving and starting to seek in the areas I hunt. I'm maybe 1 mile from the NYS line and dead bucks are starting to appear on roads too so they're being less cautious

30-Oct-17
I've got two mature bucks on camera checking scrapes in daylight a couple days ago (Genesee County). I saw a little chasing the other day - its picking up. Next week should be ridiculous!

30-Oct-17

8point's embedded Photo
In your face
8point's embedded Photo
In your face
Got a trail cam pic of # 1 about 60 yards from my back porch. Saw him from a stand the other day, and thought he was coming in but he reversed course. Probably a good thing because a short time later, I tried to pull my bow back and uuuuuuuuug, couldn't do it. Shoulder is hosed but I want to wait until after season to have it messed with. I hate having to do it I'm staying out of the woods until the 5th when X-bow starts.

30-Oct-17

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
Leaving fri for my place In Stueben county for a 9 day bow hunt. Had 4 or 5 shooters on trail cam all summer and then the last couple weeks they disappeared.

30-Oct-17

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo

31-Oct-17
Wow..9 days...thats great. Cool camp too. Mad Dog

01-Nov-17
still mostly night movement just south of Syracuse

01-Nov-17
The bucks were moving like crazy today in WNY.

02-Nov-17
Seen scrapes in 3S/3N, but no chasing live yet. Be back out Saturday - Monday.

02-Nov-17
Dead as a hammer in my little section of 7H, but have been seeing deer in the wee and late hours (when I go to, and come home from work) in the roads, starting 2 days ago.

02-Nov-17
73 degrees today, doesn't help.

03-Nov-17
3c, deer movement still seems 20 mins before sunrise and 20 mins before sunset. Havent seen anything during the day

Had a spike show up about 515 last night. Walked right up to the tink bomb and made a rub and scrape and stayed in the area, 3 point rule here so no shot but cool watching him do his thing. Full moon last night so hopefully they’ll be moving soon!

03-Nov-17
Had my #1 on the camera on Nov 1st with several other bucks I was in a stand about 1/2 a mile away at the time. He was in there for several hours so there must have been a doe nearby.

I sat that same stand 8 hours today and saw one button buck at five to 6. Saw more movement last week.

04-Nov-17
Almost everything I've been seeing in 8S have been well before shooting light. there have been a few exceptions, but most are around 0700.

05-Nov-17
On Friday the third I sat dark to dark and saw one unidentified buck trotting nose to the ground an hour after sunrise, 1 spike pushing a doe with 2 fawns in mid afternoon, and 1 spike strolling around near last light.

Saturday the fourth I sat dark to noon and 3:00 to dark. around 8 am i had a 5 x 1 walk by. around 10.00 i had a small 6 walk by, and then bed down 46 yards away. nothing doing in the afternoon sit.... which kind of made me wish I shot the 5 x 1....

05-Nov-17
I hear you brother. Put one down, meat for the yr, don't hold out for the perfect buck to walk by. May never happen. Mad Dog

05-Nov-17

Muzzymeat's embedded Photo
This guy was grunting and chasing hard this past Thursday until he got too close.
Muzzymeat's embedded Photo
This guy was grunting and chasing hard this past Thursday until he got too close.

06-Nov-17
Great looking buck MM !.

06-Nov-17
Thanks guys!

07-Nov-17
Sat from 5am til dark yesterday and was able to call in one small 6pt that got a free pass . Waited for a real one that never showed . Slow for me anyway in unit 1c . There's always tomorrow. With a cold front coming, maybe it will get things going. Good luck to all

07-Nov-17
yeah, if i didn't already have a doe in the freezer i would have taken the 1x5, but if i'm going to eat rutty buck meat, i'd like it to have a nice rack on it

09-Nov-17
Morning of the 8th I had a definite shooter hang up at 30 yards behind some thick brush 15 mins after sun up. I could tell he was big and wide, but couldn't get a count on him. if he had stepped another 3 feet over i would have had him.

had a spike wander by around 10. interesting to see he wasn't in a rush to get anywhere. i feel like the spikes are always running at this time of year.

09-Nov-17
Nov 3-9, some movement usually 20 min before near dark in my area 7H. Saw a couple bucks walking, making scrapes....finally!

09-Nov-17
The scrapes have gone dormant here....... Haven't been touched in a week.

No shooter bucks on camera either.

10-Nov-17

Bayhawks24's embedded Photo
Bayhawks24's embedded Photo
I agree with bow shot, seeing deer hitting the same trails before sunrise and just after sunset. More rubs and scrapes showing up too. Today, however, got a pic of a nice 8 at 8am on private property and almost blasted a small 6 crossing the highway at 1130am. With the freezing weather this morning and finally seeing bucks during the day, i think today officially kicks off the rut in 3c!

10-Nov-17
It picked up yesterday and again today. I saw 7 bucks yesterday from 1 til dark and one was a shooter but never got closer then 80 yards he was chasing a doe. This afternoon I sat my bale blind and saw 2 bucks and 7 does. Had a good 4.5 year old step out at 72 yards. He turned to nose the does around and at 80 yards I snort wheezed and then grunted. It turned him and he came to 61 yards. He then turned back to the does. I think if he had seen another buck he would of come but in the open field he just would not commit. He was right around 125"s as an 8pt. Tomorrow morning I will be right back in that blind with the cold, it is gonna be around zero with the wind chills. Shawn

11-Nov-17

Tompkins county is hot right now. The cold snap has em moving. Had a small 6 come in to a doe bleat. Had this deer on camera 200 yards down the ridgeline coming towards me this morning, but I never saw him. Checked the cam at 11am. Lucky but not lucky enough!

13-Nov-17
Had a nice ten point chase a doe by my stand on Saturday at 12:50pm.

13-Nov-17
ZONE 8T its on boys

16-Nov-17
Deer traffic was VERY heavy in 7H in areas that friends of mine hunt (not mine, nuisance permit genocide) seeing 20 deer, bucks/does daily 7th through 14. Dead the last two days though.

22-Nov-17
Too late for estrous scent?

22-Nov-17
no

24-Nov-17
Now may be the best time too use estrous scent. The bucks are out looking for any leftover does and are really traveling far and wide as they still have the urge. A drag rag right now may bring a buck right too you! Shawn

• Sitka Gear