scentman 01-Nov-17
Droptine10 01-Nov-17
scentman 02-Nov-17
SJJ 02-Nov-17
scentman 02-Nov-17
Droptine10 03-Nov-17
Meathook 03-Nov-17
30-Oct-17
Have any of you guys put your scent out , say doe in heat for instance, And then have a buck start to come in before you can even finish climbing up into your stand ?. I like to get settled in at least :45 before first light.Having deer come in when it's still dark stinks. I almost think it would be a good idea to lower it down on a line at first light !.

01-Nov-17
when things are getting hot in the woods I toss out little scent saucers i cut out from foam... bout 6-9 inches in diameter, once i'm in stand i soak with fresh doe heat, but only when a lot of seeking and chasing going on. If you drag some heat scent in don't go directly to stand, place bout 20 yds out in shooting lane. hope this helps. scentman

01-Nov-17
I do like the idea of using a "scent saucers" !! Thanks scentman

02-Nov-17
Drop, if you go that route wear protective gloves and take a baggie... when out of stand retrieve and put in zip lock.

02-Nov-17
pee in a scrape is all that is necessary...never too early

02-Nov-17
yes, that also works at times... truth be told, being out there as much as you can and paying attention to wind is your best RX for success. scentman

03-Nov-17
OK, thanks guys !.

03-Nov-17
I stopped getting in the stand early a long time ago. Just get cold have good deer walk by and spread your stink longer.

• Sitka Gear