scentman 21-Nov-17
JayG@work 21-Nov-17
scentman 21-Nov-17
JayG@work 21-Nov-17
JayG@work 05-Dec-17
Carcajou 02-Feb-18
Droptine10 02-Feb-18
06-Nov-17
So I'm thinking of trying a climber stand again. Tried one 20+ years ago but didn't care for it.Im thinking to maximize my hang and hunt opportunities, a stealth climber is the way to go. Any of you guys use this stand ?.

06-Nov-17
I probably average 90 sits a year over the past 15 years in my LW alpha hand climber. I love it. I have the sit and climb top as well but I prefer the hand climber

06-Nov-17
Thanks skip, that was nudge in the right direction.

06-Nov-17
I have the sit and climb and it works well for me, easy to use and quite if I do what I'm supposed to do.

06-Nov-17
The sit and climb is fine it was just a tad heavier and i couldn't feed the belt all the way through the top, so it limited what trees I could climb. With the hand climber I have an XL belt on the climber and it feeds all the way through allowing me to climb small trees. On the stand I use a standard belt for small to normal trees. If I get to a real big tree I switch the belts around and have no problems. Since the climber is higher and can be out at more of an angle, it works perfect. If I want to use the hand climber as s sit and climb, you can add a strap below the seat to sit on.

07-Nov-17
I wish they weren't such a big $investment !.

07-Nov-17
I just spent a day and a half in my LW sit and climb. It was a great asset. I put the net seat on and still not comfortable. But I stand most of the time. It’s really good for that. It’s an important part of the arsenal, but I prefer hang ons and sticks. The LW hang on and sticks are more cumbersome to carry, but more comfortable and more versatile. I’d get that if your looking to be mobile. It will get you in all the same trees plus many many more, and it’s more comfortable IMO.

08-Nov-17
It just seems like dragging 5 or 6 climbing sticks and a portable stand in on a "quick" run and gun kind of hunting would be a huge hassle. What would be the amount of sticks and time to get you up 22' ?.

08-Nov-17
I would not get it...I have a 13lb summitt open shot which I think is much better

08-Nov-17
Timber tall 14lbs. I switched from a 20lb. stand.

08-Nov-17
That open shot looks pretty good !!

09-Nov-17
I'm 150 lbs 5' 10"...Summit works good, is easy and very quiet. The only negative is that the rubber wears away on the straps. If I'm not mistaken the lone wolfe I tried had a platform w/ spacing that the rubber heel of my boot would drop in to...didnt like that. Dont like the way they ride on my back either. Open shot was $200

11-Nov-17
Yes, I don't like the idea or "feeling" of your boots slipping into holes or spaces in the base of the tree stand !.

13-Nov-17
LW all the way. Dam expensive and worth every penny. I even have 2 sit and climbs as well as the alpha climber and 8 sticks.

14-Nov-17
Drslyr x2

15-Nov-17
2 sit and climbs, incase you misplace one ? ;)

16-Nov-17
No leave one hanging in the tree and hunt another spot with the other. Like Larry Potterfield says " how many tree stands does one man need"? We actually have about 8 permanent and 2 or three climbers or lockons. thoughout the property. Also I bought a couple of the 3" pads they sell at dicks onto the existing seat of the LW....much better.

20-Nov-17
Selling a LW Sit and Climb,, excellent condition, what are my bid?

21-Nov-17
I start the bidding at $7.59 lol

21-Nov-17
I'll give ya $159.00... when you deliver we can have some beers and i'll make dinner ;o)

21-Nov-17
Scentman, where ya at? I was looking at $150 after shipping. $159 plus dinner?? Sounds good. LOL

21-Nov-17
southern Erie county almost Wyoming county town called Holland...

21-Nov-17
Damn, I just drove through there last week... If you are patient, maybe we can work something out.. I need to get to the Cabelas out there anyhow. LOL Always need to get to the Cabelas, ya know?

05-Dec-17
Hey guys, so a little FYI. Last night I sold my Lone Wolf Sit and Climb,, as well as an original Double Bull T-2 ground blind. Carajou came up and picked them up. That was pretty awesome, getting to meet great folks from this site. It is always a pleasure. Anyhow, I hope that everybody is having a great season, be safe and God Bless you all. Jay

02-Feb-18
Jay I just saw this and saw the post, Hey thanks to you too, and it was great putting a name with the Mug. Drove by your place the other day; I should have stopped, saw smoke comin from the chimney!

02-Feb-18
Just got the Sum it open shot today. It was on Amazon about $70 cheaper than normal, sold ;)

• Sitka Gear